Yoshinori Ono has leaves Capcom Vancouver

Street Fighter producer Yoshinori Ono has left Capcom Vancouver.

The news comes via the tweet below, with Ono adding that he will think "very carefully about what's next, after the world cup."

Ono was has been in charge of Street Fighter since around 2008. It's currently unknown if he will stay with Capcom in a different position or move on.

Edited On 16 Jun, 2014

Comments
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
Capcom continue to rattle on in an absolute mess. Really think its all going wrong for them. Resi Evil has been pants since number 5, now Street Fighter is going to go down hill
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 2 years ago
Is this going to be another THQ situation?
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
Sounds like he may just be going back to Capcom HQ in Japan rather than leaving the company unfortunately. Ono seriously deserves so much better than a godawful company like Capcom.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
I agree with that. Capcom have gone from a company with great games such as Resi 1-3, Street Fighter Alpha, Onimusha and Devil May Cry to one that churns up rubbish like Resi 6 and gets rid of all it's most profitable assets like this fella. I have been angry with Capcom long before this for signing an exclusivity deal with Nintendo to release Resi remake and Zero on the GameCube when it was always a Playstation series. This is why they've gone from my favourite company to my least favourite. Your guaranteed whatever the title it's been messed up by them
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 2 years ago
Isn't he the producer of Deep Down too?
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
I think you might be right... crikey its all going wrong at Capcom
ShoryukenToTheChin's avatar
ShoryukenToTheChin 2 years ago
Yeh I heard Capcom will start selling off its IPs, come on Sony buy Devil May Cry and Street Fighter franchises!
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 2 years ago
I Think 'Prometheus' is more onto something. I'd say he just got stationed in Canada to oversee the whole DeadRising3 project so that, although they hired in the 'West' to make the graphics (read that as 'more appealing' to Western audiences i.e. grim, more Comic bookish & less Manga-ish to boost potential sales!) it still retains something Japanese-y/Capcom-y too. It worked. I love all the references to other Capcom franchises which the game is brimming over with! See, I belong to that rare Western lot that actually prefer a Japanese looking game & not one that conforms to what's perceived to be a Yankee/European look to a gaming title. I think sales haven't always been that good of real Japanese games (like the Japanese Ridge Racer, Virtua Fighter, cutesy Japanese RPGs like Sakura Taisen &tc.), so they are trying to get as many 'Western' consumers to buy into their games by making them look like 'Doom' & 'Wolfenst31n' to get maximum retention rates of their franchises. That said, I also like some of the recent 'fusion' styles of titles like 'NinjaGaiden3:Razor'sEdge' & 'DMC', to be fair. & Dead or Alive NOT looking utterly Japanese hasn't been a bad thing either!