Destiny 'PlayStation Exclusive content' listed by Bungie

Looking at getting Destiny on PS4 or PS3? Then you'll be happy to learn what exclusive content you'll be getting for buying the game on PlayStation.

Bungie has revealed that at launch, PS4 and PS3 owners will get exclusive access to a unique co-op Strike located on Mars, an exclusive competitive map, and a slew of exclusive guns, gear, and ships.

Here's a description of what's on offer.

Destiny Exclusive Content

The Dust Palace Strike: An exclusive three-player cooperative Strike that can be played with friends or match made. You’ll track a Cabal extraction team through the husks of an ancient human skyscraper, the Dust Palace, buried in the shifting dunes of Mars and face a new enemy, the Psion Flayers.

The Exodus Blue Competitive Multiplayer Map: A mid-sized Crucible arena that pairs perfectly with Control and Skirmish game modes. The Exodus Blue, a long-dead vessel, once brought hope and humanity to worlds beyond Earth. Here, Guardians challenge one another, forging a new hope and future in the fires of the Crucible.

Gear

- For the Warlock class, Manifold Seeker armor that was built to help Warlocks survive the secret realms of the Vex.
- For the Titan class, Vanir, a battle-tested armor set forged to protect Titans against the heavy firepower of the Cabal.
- For the Hunter class, Argus, a durable all-environment wire-weave for those out to scout the frontier.

Weapons

The Monte Carlo, an exotic assault rifle, is a handcrafted showpiece with a sleek look that masks the cruel reality of its function — the efficient elegant delivery of war against any who would tarnish its legacy. Upgrades increase the weapon’s “hip fire” effectiveness and boost melee cool down, providing a firm grounding for close range domination.

The Hawkmoon, an exotic hand cannon, is a true gunslinger’s weapon — a smooth sidearm that makes every bullet count with intricate “hawk feather” etchings carved into the weapon’s silvered barrel. Damage boosts increase the combat effectiveness, making it a formidable weapon.

Ships

Aurora Wake: A hull lined with arcane instruments, crafted by a circle of Warlocks – gifting the ship with a preternatural sense for the strange.

Crypt Hammer: A deep-strike insertion variant, built to carry Guardians safely through contested space. Carries hardpoints once used to hold Suros TL-SEAD anti-radiation missiles.

Outrageous Fortune: A rugged, versatile explorer for those ready to gamble everything in search of ancient secrets and alien power.

So what do you think of this exclusive content? Does it appeal to you?

Edited On 17 Jun, 2014

Comments
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
That's a body blow to Microsoft. Releasing on all consoles was one thing, now exclusive Playstation content!!! It looks good and as a Playstation man I don't mind BUT I would not be happy if I was XBox!
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
If you are interested to see what this exclusive content looks like here it is - http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/16/destinys-playstation-exclusive-content-detailed/
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
It looks really good! Day one for me just which console really now. Been crying out for a Halo type game on Playstation. Just hope it doesn't let us down!
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
I love playstation , hehehehe
Get it on PS4 Beazi, then you can join the illustrious Shopto Fireteam
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
The strike missions sounds like the best exclusive in my opinion. After playing the first look alpha, I'm definitely getting this game on release.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
fireteams, once your with me dave only one lucky space left lol
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Perfect if you are a Warlock too, all bases covered. Jay is an Exo Titan & I am an Awoken Hunter
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
yeah so become a warlock or your not coming in lol
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
I am an Exo warlock. Don't know if I get to keep my character but even if we don't, I'll start with same character all over again when game gets released.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Alpha will not carry over to Beta. Hopefully Beta will carry to release. Tried the Warlock, just couldn't get on with it. Never liked a magicky type character
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
yay, warlock yay, you can join mine, hes called billy Mitchell, and daves, called Tali vas ShopTo
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
I need a PS4 first :) But yes definitely up for that once I have got one. Its not cross platform compatible is it?
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
By the way guys, add me on PSN its PooleCraig :)
Lovingly named by Jay I must add ... lol. By the way, my Hunter is male
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
I don't give a shit, its Tali lol
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Request sent Beazi. I like the name, it works and it is set in stone now. I wonder if you will actually be able to name your Guardian?
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
I bloody hope so, imagine seein Billy Mitchell running past you on screen
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Is that in the opposite direction, just like his name-sake? ... pmsl
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
I'm going to name my character something stupid. My Oblivion Character was called Chumboros Gloop and my Skyrim character Spingos Glob. It has to be something stupid lol
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
The walford warlock lol, even though hes a titan, I don't think I thought this through
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
my rpg characters are always called Jay Longwanger
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
PML brilliant Jay
One extra mission and a multiplayer map isn't exactly loads extra for what is meant to be a constantly growing MMO. Certainly not enough to choose one console over the other.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
The game itself is enough, the Alpha was epic ... considering it was an Alpha. In the words of D:Ream "Things can only get better"
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
The alpha was epic ill give it that, its given me very high hopes
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
My interest did wane somewhat with the lack of info, now it has gone sky high. Well done Bungie. Incidentally I find it hilarious the Xbox Fan-children bitching about Bungie, " How could you do this to us, we made you what you are, etc, etc"
shane_5121's avatar
shane_5121 2 years ago
Has there been anything announced in regards to a collectors edition etc Before this weekends Alpha i really wasn't interested in this title...Now i'm hooked and can't wait for it!
LIAM 2 years ago
think the news article is very misleading and the content is only timed exclusive and will come to the xbox just like the deal Microsoft have with Call of Duty
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Yeah as Liam said it is only timed and will be out on the xbox eventually. It is fun though to go onto IGN and see the massive arguments that all the children get into over the smallest of things.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Apparently Amazon are listing the timed exclusive as until Fall 2015. How true that is, is anyones guess
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Thats quite a long time if its true. I was expecting it to be a few months at the most though I would imagine with all the content already in it they probably won't be missed that much. I just wish both MS and Sony would stop with the timed exclusive stuff I mean is it really going to make someone buy a different console over another just for some maps or armour a little bit earlier.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Completely agree with you there. It's not exactly a selling point
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I know it so far has never made me buy one version over the other.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
When I had PS3 & 360 I normally picked the version my friends had to play together. Or it would have to be a worthwhile CE to sway me. Little add-ons although a bonus do nothing for me
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Thats how I do it now as well which usually means on the xbox one for now.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
So how do the classes work Titan I assume will be the heavy weapons one with the most armour, Hunter at a guess would be sniper rifles and pistol and the Warlock similar to Lilith and Maya in Borderlands with the big magical type skills?
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
XBox didnt make Bungie what they are today. Bungie did that themselves! And successfully too. In fact it could be said that Bungie made XBox what it is as I'm sure some people migrated to the 360 due to Halo. So much so that they are going to re-release them all on the XBox One
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Spot on ZF. I play as a Hunter and Jay as a Titan. The armour decoration is easy to distinguish between them. Titan - Sash, Hunter - Cloak & Warlock - Bracelet (I think)
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I am torn between the Hunter or the Warlock then, more tempted by the warlock just now I think though.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I would say it was more a 50/50 Beazi they both really helped each other as I am sure microsoft would have put quite a bit of money into them after the first Halo was such a success.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
I tried Warlock and couldn't get on with it for some reason. I prefer to be sneaky and long shot. Although, I did enjoy getting up close & personal and stabbing the Fallen in the face. Everything you do, knives, double jump, grenades, etc earns it's own bonus to upgrade. The Warlock for instance can double jump & glide
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
What about the weapons are they as varied as Borderlands and I assume any class can use any weapons just some are not really suited to them.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
From what we've seen there is a massive amount of weapons. Obviously armour is specific to class. Anyone can use any weapon, and I believe that all rewards are tailored to your class and level
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Thats good, just a shame there apparently won't be trading of weapons and stuff at launch.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Anything you don't want though can be broken down for a bit of Glimmer (cash)
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Another good touch is if you want to chance your luck with weapons or armour, you can purchase a coded Engram at the Tower. A bit like a lucky dip. The higher the cost, obviously the better, but you might not be able to use it straight away due to your current level. E.G I bought one which was a level 12 shoulder launcher. we were capped at level 8
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
That was rubbish but I like the random choice of that.