Planetside 2 shown running on PS4

Planetside 2 is coming to PS4 later this year from Sony Online Entertainment. it's already out on PC of course, but will be console exclusive to PS4.

Below is some off screen action, showing the game running PS4.

As you can see, it looks pretty nice and impressions from the show floor seem to suggest that it runs very well on Sony's console.

Does Planetside 2 interest you? Let us know below.

Edited On 17 Jun, 2014

Comments
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Really undecided about this. On one hand it looks great (not from this video) and on the other it's F2P, and does it mean like MAG I will have a life expectancy of around 30 seconds?
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
Looks ok but not overly excited about it. Mind you I remember thinking the same about War Frame, F2P, it won't be good but I've put more time into this than any other PS4 title, fingers crossed.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Warframe is probably the only F2P title I have. The other I binned
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
MAG was not free to play though was it? I feel the same though I will probably give it a try though I am more looking forward to trying Happy Wars on the xbox one, I know it was out on the 360 as well but never tried it. Warframe was fun and I am looking forward to the xbox one version as I know I could persuade a few of my friends to give it a go for the co-op.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
Warframe with a few friends and it was brilliant! I would still be playing today if I wasn't hit with an error message when playing and my saves become corrupt, didn't have the heart to start again :( Now I've had a break though I'll definitely be giving it another go when it lands on XB1, any news of when it will release?
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
MAG wasn't no, but the shear number of people meant you couldn't run 10 feet without getting wasted
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
instead of all the futuristic shooters coming to consoles when is a company going to bring out a realistic modern day time game?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Just this year Old Timer. Tried the beta for MAG but never got into it so didn't bother with the full game. It will go back to world war 2 before modern day comes around again Joe.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
Thanks Zombie! .. I think the trouble with shooters these days is there's just too many of them, for me they all sort of blend into one another. The one I'd go for now out of all of them ( Including Destiny, The Division etc ) would be Rainbow Six Siege, finally it looks like a game that requires team work/tactical play.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
I prefer a game where you MUST work together, Destiny Strike missions or Siege. The idea of a dedicated area e.g. Destinys Crucible for competitive is perfect. Bungie seem to have catered for everybodys taste
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
@ Dave, most definitely, I just can't get into games like COD now where the majority just seem to run off and do their own thing.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Thats why I got bored with Titanfall quickly there was just no teamwork. Rainbow 6 does look nice.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
i know i shouldn't use a PC game as an example but i've been racking my brain for a console example but i'm talking about a game more like arma where it has realistic millatary gear vehicles and weapons.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
I remember the original R6 games, where the planning was in intricate detail, hated it. Used to let the computer do it. But Siege looks mildly similar to the format used in GTA V. I refuse to ever play another CoD because of the lone wolves, just as I wouldn't get TF on the PS
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Joe they had operation Flashpoint which was terrible.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Talking about realistic weapons/armour (my son is a good example) could name guns & vehicles on sight, providing they were in CoD. Never handled a weapon in his life. So my point is, the modern shooters equipment are realistic in terms of looks. Although I have never seen ARMA to compare
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Joe was it you that was saying how you wanted Day Z on the consoles as it looks like it may happen but not until the PC version is done which I feel is the best way to do it. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-17-dayz-dev-dean-hall-i-want-to-make-a-valve-in-the-south-pacific
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Zombie it'll be a very very long time, DayZ has a development time of 3 years which it isn't even a year into. Dave the thing with arma is it's just a massive sandbox.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
You are probably right though in the article they were talking about the end of the year which is just too soon. It makes sense to finish the PC version first rather than making the console version and having to work on all 3 at the one time.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
Heard a lot about how fantastic this is on PC, so I will be happy to give it a go at release.