Half of Xbox One owners have played Forza 5

Apparently around 50 percent of Xbox One owners have now played Forza 5, although I have to admit to being in the half that hasn't.

"I was humbled and flabbergasted when I learned that one out of every two Xbox One player profiles had played the full version of Forza Motorsport 5," Creative director Dan Greenawalt told IGN after he revealed the stat.

"That is ridiculous, for any game. Certainly racing games have not usually seen that amount of adoption."

Giving another example of how popular he feels the franchise is becoming he also added that, "This week. Six months after the launch of Forza 5, a year-and-a-half after the launch of Forza Horizon, two-and-a-half years after the launch of Forza Motorsport 4, we’ve got a million people playing in these games."

Forza 5 was given away with some Xbox One consoles at launch, while other bundles gave away FIFA 15.

Have you played Forza 5 yet or are you one of the people still playing the previous games in the franchise?

Edited On 17 Jun, 2014

Comments
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I have though only a couple of times just not into racing sims much more looking forward to Horizon though.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
I've put around 250 hours into this so far, single player and multiplayer, I just love my racing games and like Zombie I'm looking forward to Horizons 2 aswell as Project Cars, The Crew, Drive Club, hopefully I'll enjoy all of them as much as I have Forza 5.
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 2 years ago
I've not played this Forza and I'll probs wait to play the second game instead now. I've not put dedication into a Forza game since 3.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
The Crew looks good though not really interested in the other ones though will give the PS+ of Driveclub a try.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
I think Project CARS will wipe the floor with everything. And with any luck I will get to try it out at EGX London in September, fingers crossed. Add to the fact it is being developed to support Project Morpheus
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
I think Project Cars looks excellent. I personally wouldn't ( and can't at the moment lol ) compare it to games like Horizons 2, Drive Club, why these two seem more aimed at an Arcade style of racer, Project Cars more of a sim, from what I've read a lot more so than even Forza which for me sits happily between all out arcade and sim. As for The Crew, not sure what sort of racer I'd class it as lol, probably Test Drive if anything.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
I would probably agree about The Crew. I believe to complete the full map circuit will take about 4 hours. Coast - coast on road, 1.5 hours & coast - coast off road 2.5 hours. Definately Test Drive ... lol
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
There has to be an achievement/ trophy for doing the full map.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
There bloody better be and not just a winning one either
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Winning would be horrible could you imagine just about to win after 4 hours of driving just to be taken over on the last straight.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Or for some twat to smack your rear wing for the sake of being a twat
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
Talking of someone ramming you off the track, as much as I love the Forza's, F1 titles I really hope we will get a decent Destruction Derby type game at some point.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Destruction Derby 2 was amazing used to love that game.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
I remember the first Destruction Derby on Playstation, me and a mate, 2 TVs, 2 Playstations, link lead, great times :)
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
I'd be interested to hear how they came up with that statistic, but it's not too unbelievable I guess. Heavy bundling plus little else worth playing probably worked well in the game's favour.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Probably achievements or something I would imagine. I reckon it will be the same for most of the launch titles for both xbox one and PS4.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
Also I know the majority in Europe at least got FIFA 14 free with Xbox One but a lot managed to get Forza 5 free aswell, I was one of them :)
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I forgot about it being free with some consoles. I got FIFA that i have played a grand total of 1 time.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
I was lucky, as soon as I heard some gamers would be able to switch from FIFA to Forza 5 I was straight down to my local GAME and the first 5 to ask actually managed to get a physical copy so I was more than happy :) As I said before, I'm a massive racing fan and 2014 looks to be good for the likes of me, I know I'll still be playing Forza 5 right up until 6 lands, then we have Horizons 2, The Crew, Project Cars, Drive Club, all I need now is for Codemasters to announce ( can't see it happening though ) that F1 for XB1 will be released this year and that will be the cherry on the cake.
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 2 years ago
Just picked it up on G4me as the steelbook edition had gone down in price. A tad disappointed. I don't find the graphics that great in places, although I can see that it is Next Gen in some areas of of its visual output. The Driveatar also seems like a bit of a let down. I don't think that I steer my virtual ride quite like they're saying I do :)!! Some tracks do feel really good though. I actually feel like I really have tried the LeMans track for once compared to all the other driving sims out there! Also, although I am not a fan of the Gulf States, their virtual tracks set within the UAE are blisteringly good :)! The micr0transactions are a bit silly though. Far too expensive without really adding anything to the gaming experience. Go on Joe, give it a go :)!! Pop that Forza 5 ch3rry of yours! It's more-than-a-half-decent driving sim, especially compared to the other racers out there! I do prefer ForzaHorizon though to the driving sim version of the series. I will certainly buy Forza Horizon 2 eventually for my XBoxOne beast :)!!
jam201984's avatar
jam201984 2 years ago
had it since launch with over 400+ hours playing multiplayer, not even touched the SP because it just boring as hell and there no sense of achievement when u win, but have played every Forza since the first and will continue to play untill they stop making them :)
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 2 years ago
I'd disagree with that. I think the SP is pretty good. To begin with, that opening in the Czech Republic, steering the virtual McLaren P1, is quite epic & really helps you get into the off-/online swing of things. Moreover, the SP makes me want to take it online. & in offline SP, you still get the chance to improve your game & unlock some achievements! Haven't had a dull moment since popping the disc into the loading bay, to be honest :)! If you disagree with this, then peachy! "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" allegedly a quote by Evelyn Beatrice Hall and NOT François Arouet!
WhackPooBrain's avatar
WhackPooBrain 2 years ago
It is a really great game, although I haven't played a huge amount, I still love it, best driving experience on a game so far. Not to mention the stunning graphics on it, Forza 5 really has it all