Dead Space could return one day, says Soderlund

EA’s Patrick Soderlund has said that the company may one day return to the Dead Space series, although with Visceral busy on with Battlefield Hardline and a new Star Wars game, it may not be anytime soon.

“To the largest extent we want to get the game teams to work on the things they want to work on themselves,” he told the Polygon in a new interview. “There’s an incredible amount of enthusiasm over Hardline and the Star Wars game at Visceral.

“Do I think that we will create a Dead Space game again? Yes, I think so. But when we do so, we have to think about what made the previous ones successful and how we go about envisioning Dead Space for a new generation.

“Now, I’m not announcing a Dead Space game. We’re not building one just to be very clear, but I’m saying is there an opportunity or possibility to do one in the future? Absolutely.”

Would you like Dead Space to return? If so let us know below.

Edited On 17 Jun, 2014

Comments
michael 2 years ago
yes dfinately dead space is a fantastic game except the 3rd game was very poor compared to 2 there is limitless possabillaties what the game would b like on next gen all i say is bring issac back
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
YES! DO IT!!! Just make it more like DS2 and the original. None of this crap Co-Op stuff that never worked on DS3, Resi 6 or other horror games. Your meant to be alone in a scary room not with someone else in a scary room
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
I'm with you, Beazi. I'd be over the moon to see Dead Space return, but with the emphasis on 'horror in isolation'. I also think Project Morpheus opens up additional potential.
beeje13's avatar
beeje13 2 years ago
Wow @ da_kerr, spot on about Morpheus and dead space. Coming early 2017!
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
2017! That's too far away we are in the middle of 2014 all the hype will be gone by then
Lurchy Baby's avatar
Lurchy Baby 2 years ago
I would love to see dead space to return especially with next gen now out. played all three of the dead space games and would like to see what sort of story would be put into it if they where to make another one especially after the way the DLC for dead space 3 ended that was so awesome.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
I would like it to be back to the ships or a cavernous planet full of dark caves with glowing rooms of green eggs that randomly break out stupidly hideous monsters! That would be cool.