Yoshida says missing PS4 features are on the way

Sony boss Shuhei Yoshida has revealed that some of the feature missing at the launch of the PS4 are on the way.

Speaking to Kotaku, Yoshida reiterated Sony’s earlier messaging that these features were not intended for launch, but will be here soon.

“Our team has been working on it. There are some things that we announced in February of last year that were not planned for the launch timeframe. It’s not ready yet,” the SCE Worldwide Studios head said.

Obviously users have asked about these features a lot, although it seems they are not alone.

“I am asking the same question to my tech team every other week,” Yoshida said.

“Because every day I get reminded by lots of people: ‘Where is this? Where is that?’ It’s a great reminder for me.”

Edited On 18 Jun, 2014

Comments
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
Nice to know we'll be getting more features, but some specifics from him and a timeframe would be nice. MP3/MP4 support and DLNA seem to be some of the most requested features. I know they wanted to focus on the gaming aspect to begin with, but I think these features would be a great addition.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
I think the MP3 was purely a financial decision, i.e. to push Music Unlimited. Of which nobody I know uses it
FemmeFox's avatar
FemmeFox 2 years ago
I would like to see DLNA myself. I use it quite a lot on my PS3 so I guess it's not a huge deal as I have that, but I like the option. I feel as though you need a better system for sorting though your Apps and games more though. It's OK for me as I use the camera to select my things and I don't have very much yet. But for people with a large collection and no camera option it must be very difficult to fish through their content.
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
I'm inclined to agree with you, FemmeFox. I have quite a few games for my PS4 now, and the apps do look a little cluttered. Maybe an option to put them in different folders, like on the PS3, might be a solution?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
That's something both the ps4 and xbox one need is a way to sort your games. I find it a bit better on the xbox one just now but it still needs to improve
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
I wish I could remove games from my games list, e.g. ones I've tried and didn't like
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
FemmeFox you don't need a camera, just plug the earpiece that comes free with the PS4 into the controller and switch on the mic, say playstation and it activates the voice control. Dave, do you mean your trophy list?
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Games list and associated trophies
heartsfanno1's avatar
heartsfanno1 2 years ago
I hope they add 3D to the PS4 soon cos its a hassle having to bring my PS3 through from the bedroom every time I want to watch a 3D blu ray.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
I use music unlimited, albeit it is a 1 years free subscription I got with my xperia phone so probably doesn't count
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
No, it doesn't count Jay
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
I am all for having so many trophies and having a Playstation history. What does get on my nerves is the syncing. In this day and age, why cant it just sync whilst I'm playing - unless it does on PS4???
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
The syncing is a pain in the arse. It should update on the fly
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
don't bother me , its a little slow on ps3 but I have no problem waiting 5 seconds on ps4
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
Spot on! I would like the YouTube upload functionality ASAP. Could it not be done on PS3 too?
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
I reckon the Youtube app will be in the next update
WhackPooBrain's avatar
WhackPooBrain 2 years ago
I wish I had a PS4 *le sigh*
ShoryukenToTheChin's avatar
ShoryukenToTheChin 2 years ago
How about giving us the option to sort achievements by "Date Earned" don't know why this wasn't day 1.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
I would like a delete button for the unwanted games/trophies
Robichoico's avatar
Robichoico 2 years ago
Any idea what these missing features may be? Or can I hope it's PS1 playback?
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
How about an party feature for the ps3 already would be nice also & the pulse headset app that usa have had it for age's now.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Robichoico I know they were talking about the suspend feature the other day so maybe that.
Light Heavensword's avatar
Light Heavensword 2 years ago
There should be an update to fix PS4's Blu-Ray playback which hasn't been that great, i remember trying to watch a movie on it and it just froze which is just annoying. Also there should be an update notify when your friends come online like on PS3, one more thing they should allow PS4's to be able to play 4K and 3D Blu-Ray movies.
Chica88's avatar
Chica88 2 years ago
Such a vague news story lol! Some specifics on what he was referring to would've been nice! I'm guessing fixing the party connection issues and allowing Bluetooth headsets to work in chat as well. I haven't encountered many "where is that?" or "why wasn't that done for launch!?" moments which is fairly lucky compared to some. It's interesting reading all the issues you guys have experienced with the PS4 so far.
jack_p90's avatar
jack_p90 2 years ago
couple of things would be good 1) friend notification when they come online 2) ability to remove games from trophy list and 3) instant trophy sync. having to sync trophies all the time gets annoying