Destiny's 'PlayStation Exclusive' content could remain that way until late 2015

Destiny's exclusive PS4 content could stay exclusive until late 2015, according to a new report.

Apparently Mp1st spotted a listing for the game by a popular retailer suggests that some of the content is staying exclusive until Fall 2015.

"For PlayStation 4 owners, Destiny offers Early access to the Beta on July 17th, and a free 30-Day PlayStation Plus Trial.

"Exclusive content for PlayStation 4 owners includes the Exodus Blue Competitive Multiplayer Map, Dust Palace Strike, Weapons, Ships and Gear that will only be on PlayStation until at least Fall 2015."

That is a long period of exclusivity if true.

What do you think?

Edited On 20 Jun, 2014

Comments
I saw this the other day, apparently it is what Amazon have listed
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 months ago
I hate console exclusive content in games, its whats ruining the industry.
Dominic 2 months ago
I agree Dominic. They can't honestly say it boosts sales for anyone
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 months ago
I know but at least it is just some weapons and maps, apparently Dead Island 2 is getting an exclusive character for the PS4 version which is just stupid.
Zombieflamingo 2 months ago
What really annoys me is the fact the all this extra stuff is there in the code, so why bother locking it?! It goes back to the whole DLC on disc crap. I paid for it all, I want it all!
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 months ago
It does make you wonder why they bother locking it. I said in an article the other day, I've yet to see any exclusive content, timed or not that has made me decide which platform to buy a game on, can't say I've seen anything that makes me think "Wow, must have that one" on Destiny either.
Old Timer 2 months ago
Even the 'Exclusive missions' e.g. Watch Dogs, wouldn't sway me. I'd just think - oh well, not really missing anything
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 months ago
That's a lot longer than I expected the content to stay exclusive for. Not just the slow wait for the beta, I hope they raise the level cap from the alpha though.
Spear 25 2 months ago
That's quite a while alright, especially for content that seems a bit more substantial than what you'd usually see in these version specific exclusives, but at least it's still only timed I guess, no one will miss out in the long run. The PS4 version was already set to be the best version of the game available though, so this cherry on top is frankly somewhat unnecessary really, but I can sort of see where Sony are coming from after last gen when exclusive bonus content apparently boosted sales of the PS3 versions of the likes of Dead Space 2, Arkham Asylum and such significantly.
PrometheusFan 2 months ago
I don't know what all the fuss is about, it's one mission, a multuplayer map and a bunch of skins. It's nothing to get excited or upset about either way.
Gloria 2 months ago
By time it comes to other consoles ppl won't care bout it an they won't make as much money from it so it's there loss
Richard 2 months ago
Woop Woop
Jordan 2 months ago
Um... it's not their loss at all Richard, seeing as this is free content to begin with they were never going to make any money from it by itself.
PrometheusFan 2 months ago
It's quite a while but there's going to be plenty of content in the game already so not a big loss for other platforms.
lewiz- 2 months ago
whether there is exclusive content or not. this should be a great game.
jack_p90 2 months ago
I wonder if they will charge for it on other consoles or release it as free dlc.
andrewkd 2 months ago
It makes sense for the company to do it as the amount of money they probably get for making it exclusive for a while must be quite a bit. I have to ask though Prometheus what will make the PS4 version the best as last i heard it will run the same resolution and frame rate on both consoles (i know the ps4 will still look a bit better) so apart from the dlc there is not much difference.
Zombieflamingo 2 months ago
Given the increasing hype surrounding Destiny, Sony have definitely made the right call but I do agree with the sentiment that platform exclusive content can be a real pain and is particularly frustrating when the content is there, just locked on the disc. However, with each of the companies looking to have an edge over the other, I can only see this sort of thing becoming increasingly prevalent :(
da_kerr 2 months ago