Tuesday Chat, June 24

It's Tuesday, it's June and it's so so quiet in terms of new releases, news and just about anything else gaming related.

Are there any games you would recommend for those looking to pass some gaming time?

Edited On 24 Jun, 2014

Comments
cringles's avatar
cringles 2 years ago
Eventually got round to playing Puppeteer, really enjoying it, visually it's just awesome to look at. I don't think another stage play will interest me after this game. Looking forward to Valiant Hearts this week. Also wondering what's going on at Crytek! Nothing bought of Shopto since Borderlands 2. My Pre Order's are building though :D
FemmeFox's avatar
FemmeFox 2 years ago
I haven't bought anything from here since Prof Layton vs Ace Attorney. And I wasn't enjoying it much. I will be grabbing the Yoshi Wiimote come payday though. I have so many games as it is so I'm gonna try not to get anything else until Destiny. I played a solid amount of DJ Max yesterday. Might do some FF XIV today.
Bernard 2 years ago
Catching up on Borderlands 2... so many guns, so little slot
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
Completed CoD: Ghosts on PS4, which I got from you guys. Been playing through Rayman Legends (which is just beautiful to look at) although I now find myself very much distracted by Resogun since its update. The ship editor is just fantastic. I recommend it to all PS4 gamers, it's utterly addictive! Cringles, The Puppeteer is a superb-looking game which, in my view, deserved considerably more attention that it got. The game just exudes charm.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
I still haven't hit a point yet when I'm struggling to find games to play, granted I haven't got the time that I use to for gaming but still got plenty on the go at the moment. Sniper Elite 3, Forza 5, Ryse co-op, Moto GP 14, can't wait for Valiant Hearts this week, also tempted by the new Transformers game on Friday but might just stick that on my Boomerang rental list.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
I would of liked Medal of Honor Warfighter. Now I know its not very good but for less than £3, it was a steal on the 360 during Happy Hour! Probably wait a bit longer for the World Cup game (so I can recreate it with England winning the tournament). I really want to play The Evil Within it looks fantastic. Other than that, I guess its going through my back collection of games which albeit are pretty impressive
Dominic 2 years ago
Replaying Far cry 3 cause I don't know
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Hooray someone else appreciates Puppeteer! I am finishing off Infamous then have Murdered Soul Suspect or Watch Dogs to have a go at havent decided which one I want to try first.
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 2 years ago
I'm tempted to start Oblivion while I wait for UFC, haven't played a game in days. I finally get an evening off work tomorrow so I can crack on with something til the early hours of the morning.
Well I'm going to install Battleblock Theater and Castle Crashers to give them a whirl. Bought them both for £1.89 on Steam last night so I though I might as well
Hugo 2 years ago
I´m playing PES 2014 and waiting for images or news about the next one.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
So far I have managed to not buy anything in the steam sale, they did have Divinity Original sin on sale on the first day so I am hoping that will be back on again now that I will be paid tomorrow. I finally decided to go back and give Battlefield 4 a go and while I am enjoying it more than last time there are still a few issues I have with it though some of them are just a general FPS issue. I hate when people are behind cover so you can only see the top of the head however because of how the camera works in FPS games and it is like you are shooting out your eyes they can still see perfectly fine, it also annoys me how quickly you can get in and out of vehicles before they blow up, there should be an animation or if the vehicle is disables they should not be able to exit. Lastly its not really a game issue more the people playing it but do we really need 42 snipers when we are meant to be attacking a base.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Wooop Nox battleblocks is so awesome! if you're ever down for some online action give me a shout! interms of sales i've bought abit not alot just abit... most notably... farming simulator...
Baiken_'s avatar
Baiken_ 2 years ago
Still playing Bioshock & AC4
Original Sin will be back when on the last day during the encore
Though I don't know why you would want to buy an RPG that is on Early Access.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Full game comes out on the 30th of this month so it won't be on Early Access for much longer.
+ you have hundreds of games to play or did you forget that?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
That is true but I would probably play that one sooner. I only have another year of my uni course to do so I will fly through them after I am done.
Lewis 2 years ago
I've been playing through Mario Kart 8 recently. It's a really great game. I've also been playing through the first four Mega Man games.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Started playing tomb raider yesterday and it's a great game. Love using the bow and hunting as well as upgrading gear etc. By the time I've finished tomb raider, ratchet and clank vita should be out, so got a few games to get me busy. Might need to look for a game in between ratchet and clank and last of us remastered though.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Managed to preorder Last of Us on PS4 for £34 I think the plan should be to finish Infamous and Murdered Soul Suspect by the end of July then on to Last of Us
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
I've got the last of us remastered pre ordered with Shopto at £36. But that's with gold membership discount.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
Same here Spear, just incase I get a PS4. I don't to miss out on the Day One edition
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Least the price I am paying is more acceptable then the £50 price tag floating about when announced not sure if mine is the day one edition or not.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
£50 is too much for a remastered edition of a game, especially when the game is only 1 year old. Should be priced somewhere between £35-£40 anything more and the retailer is being greedy.
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
Bindiana, what's Murdered: Soul Suspect like? I was intrigued by it, but the lacklustre reviews kind of dissuaded me from taking the plunge and buying it.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
I am happy to pay this if the game is good enough. I have ordered it as I'm sure its a game that I'll enjoy again
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I don't know if you have seen but the preorder price for the last of us on the PSN has went down and apparently people who payed the full price are not getting the difference refunded. Personally I am not that fussed about playing it again I will probably wait till it comes down to about £20ish
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
da-Kerr I havent played it yet am just finishing off Infamous then will start it a couple regulars on here have played it I am sure they can give you there opinions on it I think Jay has played it.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Actually they have updated it and will get a refund on the difference.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
£50 was always just a placeholder until the official RRP was announced, same happened with Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
I was lucky enough to pre order the last of us ps4 a while back on here and the other week it dropped to 35 quid, its went back up a little now but I pre paid at 35 so im happy
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 2 years ago
Id say give wolfenstein a crack if anybody hasn't yet, really decent story and the gameplay is awesome
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Same as that Jay, pretty pleased :)
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
well considering its got all the extra content its brilliant, even if you get it for 40 as it is now its still brilliant, its not just a simple remaster, if anyone checks naughty dogs blogs its a monster upgrade, far better value than the GTA5 remaster , as im betting the price will stay high on that one, might have been interested if it had some single player story dlc like gta4 had but its all online, which I think was mainly free anyway
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
I am working through Watch Dogs & Murdered. Kerr, I really like Murdered. Not running around shooting everything in sight. For once you have to think about what you are doing with the clues/influence to get them right first time. Personally I would recommend it. failing that, someone is bound to be streaming it on Twitch
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Really liked this http://youtu.be/YlCRzZxAxVY
Mlle Nightingale's avatar
Mlle Nightingale 2 years ago
I bought a copy of Kingdom Hears 1.5 in Cash Converters for £6.99, and Fable Anniversary for £7.99. Since they're currently retailing at £18 and £22 in CeX, I thought this was a great find. If I wanted to I could trade them both in for a profit, but for now I'm quite content with playing them.