Ubisoft opens up PC Beta sign ups for The Crew

Ubisoft has opened up beta sign-ups for the PC version of The Crew.

The beta will begin on July 23 and you can sign up here.

Ubisoft says that signing up now will give you the chance to be one of the first to get behind the wheel and start exploring "a playground of unprecedented scope and variety: the entire USA!"

There is no word on a PS4 or Xbox One beta which is a shame, but you can always pre-order below and play when the game arrives on November 11.

Edited On 24 Jun, 2014

Comments
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
I'll be buying it on console but will definitely sign up for this to hopefully get an early look.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Same here Old Timer, signing up just now.
James 2 years ago
They actually opened beta sign up about half an hour after their E3 conference, was one of their announcements onstage. Good shout though
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
Got an e-mail from Ubi about this today. Whilst I will be buying on PS4, I'll definitely be taking any chance to play early :D Anyone know the minimum specifications?
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
da_kerr they won't be that high considering ubisoft are dumbing down all the graphics on the games so that the console versions look on par with the PC.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I don't agree with them doing it but they are not the only ones doing it.
It isn't so that the console versions look the same, it's so the gap doesn't look as big as it is
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Not only that a lot of the time what they show at the events like E3 is just target footage of what they would like it to be like.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Nox do you want to rethink that http://whatifgaming.com/the-division-developer-insider-we-already-downgraded-a-few-things
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Technically that is what Nox said so that the gap between consoles and PC is not as big which is technically what you said as well. Though I do take all these stories about nameless devs with a massive pinch of salt.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
they said Ultra on PC will be the equivalent as the consoles... How in the hell is that 'closing the gap' as that's exactly on par.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
At no point in that article did they say Ultra will be equivalent to the consoles. The quote from the apparent developer is " Truth be told in regards to your question that while 'yes' the lead platform is the PC, we simply cannot have such a big gap"
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
that's in another article i'll find it.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Ohh no sorry that's my bad it was far cry 4 which is the equivalent of ultra but still bad practice by ubisoft. http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/06/17/with-this-far-cry-4-news-ubisoft-seems-determined-to-alienate-their-pc-fanbase/
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
In the second paragraph of the original story - "I’ve listened to the podcast personally, and, in Hutchinson’s defense, at no point did he actually say this. What Hutchinson did say is that Ubisoft primarily develops on PC with the exception of the Assassin’s Creed franchise, which is developed using the console as its lead platform. The exact quote was ”But because we develop on PC, you’ve never really seen on console the ultra-high PC version before.” He never explicitly states that the next-gen console versions are equivalent to PC Ultra high quality settings, even if he does vaguely infer it later."
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
So they never actually said that it is one thing taken out of context. Although I do agree that no game should be downgraded similar to what the Witcher 3 debs are doing and actually make a point of saying the PC version will be the best which it will be.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Ok ok now can you defend this http://www.wired.com/2014/06/watch-dogs-mod/
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
Shouldn't they just endeavour to have the game looking the best it can on each respective platform? Whilst I primarily play my games on consoles, if I decide to get a PC version of a title, it sure won't hurt me if it looks better than the console equivalent.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
i waa going to upgrade to a 1440p display but i see it as being abit pointless now that this is the way developers seem to be going.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
Like the look of this game... it looks a bit like Shift 2 4 years ago, but just a lot better looking
Lewis 2 years ago
I hope it will run on my laptop because I really want to play this!
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
It definitely wont run on my 8 year old laptop as its bricked it
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
That sounds like a challenge but no it can't really be defended as the evidence is there to prove it and the game has actually been released. Even with the issues they are saying the high graphical options would have caused are true they could have been fixed or at least been honest about it from the beginning.
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
Do you think the downgrade on Watch Dogs was more to meet the restrictions of previous gen consoles and they didn't want to highlight the massive gulf between the PC visuals and those on platforms such as Xbox360 and PS3? I liked Watch Dogs but I can't lie, the graphics didn't live up to the original E3 demos at all.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
It could be, the thing is they are not the only ones to have done it either and it is not even a recent thing. Remember the Killzone 2 trailer years ago they claimed was gameplay footage.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
I remember the Killzone 2 trailer lol. Like Zombie said, they are not the only ones to do this and my bet is they won't be the last.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
I fell for the Killzone trailer lol! However i thought it was disappointing