Sony teases InFamous: First Light for end of August release - August Date confirmed

Update: Sony has now confirmed an official release date for inFamous First Light. As you can see below, the game will be officially released on August 27.

Original: Sony will release InFamous: First Light in the last week of August according to a Sony Entertainment Network product listing.

Announced at E3, the standalone product follows Abigail 'Fetch' Walker, a conduit Delsin Rowe encounters during Second Son's story.

"Playing as Fetch, you'll experience the events that transform her into the conduit you met in Second Son. You will get to see her cope with life in Curdun Cay [the high alpine prison] after being captured by the DUP, and experience what happens when her brother Brent goes missing - and how far she will go to find him."

First Light will be released for $14.99, so around £9.99 hopefully.

Edited On 26 Jun, 2014

Comments
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
I did enjoy second son somewhat, brilliant visuals but city felt lifeless so I sold it after completion, not enough to make it a keeper, so im a bit on the bench by this, good that I don't need second son I suppose, think all decent size dlc should be available standalone providing its a separate story and not integrated into the main game of course
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
Fetch was one of the better characters in Second Son, and I did find myself using her 'neon' powers more than most of the others so I'm quite interested in this. Though, I have to agree, Jay, there was a certain 'coldness' to the city. Whilst the graphics were eye-popping, it just didn't feel as involving as New Marais in infamous2, which I loved, incidentally. I also thought Second Son's mission variety was poor. Hopefully this DLC won't fall into that same trap.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
and yep, the neon power was awesome , best in game
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
What would be your nomination for worst powers? For me it would have to be the 'video' powers. I always resented it when a mission forced their use lol
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
I thought video would be awesome with the wings but was not to be
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
if its standalone then it must be a different area or would be a massive download
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
I would guess most of it will take place in Curdun Cay (the prison) with the end being her escaping from there.
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
You're probably right, Bindiana. If it was back in the city, I'd imagine they'd have had it fall back on assets from the main game. I'm going to remain cautious, but hopeful, on this one.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
I have to agree with all of the above. I finished SS (evil), question now is it worth doing again to get my good trophies? I thought video was great, one of my favourites. Although neon was the best for getting around.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
i thought the same for the bad trophies, but i just sold it , couldnt be bothered lol
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
I feel the same, I think. £18 Shopto trade. What do you reckon Jay?
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Always keep the saves in the cloud though. That is a God-send ... lol
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
I played the first Infamous on the PS3 but wasn't really a big fan of it. However I may need to get back into it.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Is the PS4 worth getting for exclusives only? I'm thinking of getting a PS4 when the last of us comes remastered edition comes out but there's only that and infamous second son that i would wanna buy n play. is there any other decent looking PS4 exclusives that are due out later this year that would make getting a PS4 more tempting?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Driveclub if you like racing and maybe Little Big planet 3 apart from that not until next year with the Order at the beginning either Jan or Feb cant remember.
jack_p90's avatar
jack_p90 2 years ago
i did enjoy second son and neon was one of my favourite powers so i may get this
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Finally completed Infamous last night really enjoyed it Neon was my favourite power so will probably give this a go.
Dominic 2 years ago
So will you only get the neon power? I didn't like that one much
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
I love the infamous series but thought Infamous 2 was a far better game than infamous second son. Neon power was great as was smoke but there was something missing in second son. Don't know what it was but infamous 2 had more substance. Might try the DLC out to see what its like.
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
Spear, I know what you mean about Second Son. I think part of the issue was the protagonist. Cole was a really strong character with a rich back story, and I just felt that Delsin lacked that. I also felt that the city wasn't quite as varied an immersive, it didn't feel as 'alive'. The mission variety was one of its biggest let downs to me, infamous 2 managed to mix up the objectives a little more. I think, overall, its narrative was just far stronger. That's not to say that Second Son is a bad game though.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Same issue here with second son as well the city did feel too empty, there was also not a great deal of variation in the enemies as well it as the same the whole way through.