Wednesday Chat: June 25

It's Wednesday and therefore time to chat amongst yourselves.

Since Wednesday is the middle of the week, it's a chat amongst yourselves topic time. Hopefully this will spark some interesting debate amongst all of you. So anything exciting happening in your world then?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 25 Jun, 2014

Comments
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark, has anyone heard anything about this? Being an Activision release, reviews are thin on the ground. I enjoyed the High Moon-developed titles but I'm not sure about this one, particularly with them trying to merge it with the Michael Bay version of the universe *shudders*
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Yesterday i decided stuff it so i'm hungry so i went out and sunk my teeth into some italian.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
Im getting my swim and gym pass today, im feeling well enough from the op to start swimming, and start swim and gym in another 2 weeks, so its less gaming more healthy lifestyle from today
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I saw a video on FPS and apparently some people would rather have a game run at 720p but at 60fps than 1080p and 30fps? What's everyones opinion on that? personally i don't really care aslong as it looks ok.
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 2 years ago
I don't really care either. Just released a well made game in my opinion. I supposed they have to amuse themselves somehow I guess. Got hospital today and then got a mate coming over to show me UFC as I still can't get it, aaargh!
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 2 years ago
Release* Suppose* - damn my grammar is bad when I've just woke up. I'm going to blame my phone instead, it's easier.
I would take 720p 60fps since you can upscale to look slightly better but the fps is always hard-locked
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Nothing exciting for me sadly. Not too bothered by graphics as long as the story is good and game plays well. Going to crack on with Tomb Raider today.
You all keep on saying you don't care about FPS as long as it plays well but FPS ties into how well the game plays
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I agree with Nox generally FPS is better than resolution but it does depend on the game as well. There seem to be a fair few indie games sneaking onto the xbox one recently over the past week there has been Outlast, Sixty second shooter, zombie Driver and Another World anniversary edition.
I don't understand why console games don't have a customizable experience. Let people choose if they want a lower resolution & a higher framerate, or vice-verse. It can't be that hard to program surely?
Say you don't like the big giant flashing lights, turn them off. Getting queasy? Mess with the FOV and the DOV
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
FPS > Resolution, simply coz FPS is so much important for games, Resolution isn't all that important if a developer like infinity ward for example doesn't putt he effort in like textures and lighting ect.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
But if a game is 1080p n 60fsp then its a win win but i think its more down to the developers as there the ones who we'll ya know design the games. If a game has to be 720p, 900p ect to maintain 60fps then so be it but if i was a pc game i wouldnt care coz id throw money at it and play everything at 1080p 60fps and higher.
Or a game can be none of those for no reason whatsoever (Order 1888) The game wants to be THE game that people think of when they think of the PS4. That is a game I am buying used
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
lol why whats the res n fps for the order? im planning on buying that game when i pick up a ps4 along with killzone, infamous second son, the least of us, uncharted 4 and any other AAA ps4 exclusives that look decent.
2.40:1 (1920x800) Think Dragons Dogma letterbox
Oh and they are apparently going for the "filmic look"
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Yeah but its only 30fps so it will be terrible (I am only joking I am looking forward to it.)
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
never played " Dragons Dogma" if its a game? but yeah im looking forward to playing all the sony exclusies when i get my playstation 4 and ill just play all other games including mutilplats on my xbox one simply cos itll go toward my 86,000 gamerscore.
I'm fine with it being 30fps if they had no other option but them going for the film look is BS, it's a game not a film. If you want to go for the film look then go make a bloody film
As I said, they want to be the showcase title
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I am expecting it to be the PS4 Ryse, it will look great and have a good story but the gameplay will not quite live up to it.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
whats this "film look" makes no sense? sounds messed up and like an excuse to be honest.
It is a more acceptable way of saying Letterbox.They want to focus less on the gameplay and make the game as shiny as possible
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
That's criminal.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
like Ryse then for xbox one? looked really good but game play wise it was terrible?
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
All this hate for The Order 1886, please stop scuppering my deluded steam punk fantasies!! Lol. As for the res vs FPS debate, I think it depends on the art direction of the game in many ways. I mean, in the case of the Timesplitters games, with their cartoony graphics and zany humour, the fluid framerate just seemed to harmonise beautifully with it. Most developers will probably say it's about striking a balance between the two, but it would be nice to be greedy and have both! :D