UK Charts, w/e June 28: Sniper Elite 3 shoots its way to the top

This week's latest charts are in and it's Sniper Elite 3 which is sitting proudly at the top of the charts this week.

It's pretty great news for 505 Games as it sees the title chart ahead of Watch Dogs, EA Sports UFC and Titanfall.

You can check out the top ten for yourself below.

UK All Format Charts, w/e June 28
  9. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  10. Minecraft: PS3 Edition

Edited On 30 Jun, 2014

Comments
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
Enjoyed Sniper Elite 2 a lot, just waiting for a comprehensive selection of reviews before I make a final decision on 3. Nice to see Watch Dogs doing so well, perhaps it will encourage some more new IPs this generation? Wolfenstein deserves 3rd place though, that game is riveting. I can't believe how good it actually turned out to be.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
Sounds as if this Sniper Elite game may be worth a whirl any idea how big the update is on the PS3 though?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I am tempted by Sniper Elite though I will wait till it comes down in price a bit.
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
Can't find exact details for the size of the PS3 patch, I'm afraid, but a spokesperson from Rebellion did say that it would be 'much smaller' (so, less than 10gb, thank the Heavens)...certainly couldn't get much bigger! lol.
Mlle Nightingale's avatar
Mlle Nightingale 2 years ago
I want to play Watch Dogs, but I’m holding out for a price drop. There’s also too much hype surrounding it, which makes me apprehensive. One of the main reasons I wanted it was so that I could have another PS3 game to play multiplayer, but I’ve also heard that the online play isn’t that good… I would also like to give Wolfenstein a go at some point too. Apart from that… the games on this list aren’t really my thing.
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
The single player of Watch Dogs is superb (though I think everyone agrees the visuals didn't meet the standard that the early E3 trailers set) but I do have to agree that the online component isn't particularly fantastic. They have done some things to patch it and make it a little better but I think if you're unsure about it, then waiting a while is a good idea or if you have a friend you can borrow it off just to see what you think of the MP element. Wolfenstein, however, whilst lacking a multiplayer component is just so much fun! The campaign is a considerable length, the characters are well written, the graphics are impressive and I found myself playing through it at any opportunity. There was a distinct sense of satisfaction once I'd completed it, and I really hope it gets a sequel.
The game does have the ability to look how it did during E3 since the options are still there, they're just disabled
Lewis 2 years ago
I definitely need to get GRID: Autosport at some point. Watch Dogs and Sniper Elite 3 are on my to-buy list as well.
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
On the PC, aye. They released an unofficial patch, didn't they? Though some people have said it does affect stability at points. Would be nice if Ubisoft do roll out an official patch for it.
Doubt it since they wanted parity with consoles versions
Make it seem the the consoles are a better investment that they are.See~~~~~~
Mlle Nightingale's avatar
Mlle Nightingale 2 years ago
I’m just being particularly apprehensive because I found the previous two games I purchased – those being Bound by Flame and Murdered: Soul Suspect – incredibly disappointing, haha. I do prefer the single player aspects of games though, but I very rarely get a chance to play online because I prefer co-op, and very rarely play FPS games (I love Left 4 Dead and Borderlands). I’m cheap, so I’ll hold out on Watch Dogs for the time being, but I can probably afford Wolfenstein pre-owned because I have a few things I need to trade in. Then I look back at my gaming backlog of unplayed and unfinished games that’s existed since the PS2, and convince myself that I really don’t need another game right now. >_> Besides, every game I’ve ever wanted ever is coming out in Autumn – mostly in the same month – and I’m pretty sure I need everything that comes with the £130 edition of Dragon Age: Inqusition…
The Dragon Age CE? What's in it?
Mlle Nightingale's avatar
Mlle Nightingale 2 years ago
All of dis: http://www.gamestop.co.uk/Views/Locale/Content/Images/ProductExtras/DRAGONAGE_01.jpg
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
I was just about to post that very same link. It does look gorgeous but, £139? Ouch! Still, I'm fairly confident this is going to be SO much better than Dragon Age 2, and it isn't out until the middle of October so there's still time to save up lol
Nah. Even if I was excited about the game I wouldn't go for that. Although the Quill and Book combo looks good
Mlle Nightingale's avatar
Mlle Nightingale 2 years ago
There’s also some DLC with it that I forgot about, including a bog unicorn steed. Everyone wants a bog unicorn, and if they claim they don’t they’re obviously lying. Judging from what I’ve heard about it so far, the game is – HOPEFULLY – one massive apology for the shambles that was DA:II. I certainly hope so, because my life will be ruined forever if it isn’t. £130 is a huge amount of money (don’t think I’ve ever bought a CE higher than £80) but… I need dis! There’s just 2 other games coming out that same month that I also need on the release date.
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
Does the bog unicorn come with a rainbow? It seems like it really ought to.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
It does look quite nice the collectors edition but I am trying to stop buying collectors edition games.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Not worth £139
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
I was a bit sceptical about sniper elite 3 but took a punt on it and paid for it last Monday, im so glad I did now, it is a pretty awesome game, plays brilliant looks lovely too, and shooting Nazi nads, enough said
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Unfortunetly i haven't played much of it as i have to be in the right frame of mind for single player but what i've played of it, it's leaps and bounds ahead of v2
Mlle Nightingale's avatar
Mlle Nightingale 2 years ago
I checked out the bog unicorn, and it kind of just looks like a sludgy, emaiciated horse with a giant rusty nail lodged through its skull...
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
never played V2 but I ordered the silver star edition with all the dlc on disk from Canada the other day
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
v2 is still a great game though youll enjoy it!
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
i worked out the price of all the dlc and that alone costs more than i paid for the whole thing so was a no brainer
Just hope customs don't decide to be dicks
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
I know, i used the same seller for my gold headset a while back before it was released over here and it came pretty quick but always the risk of getting asked for extra money from customs, fingers crossed
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
PS4 still making the charts it's bitch I see.
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
Was the game under £18? If so, customs will let it through without any trouble :)
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Great game currently doing the game in co op on sniper elite difficulty
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
Customs will nox they put tax on me the other week for one of my £20 limited edition vocaloid cd's. So i wouldn't put it past them, they added nearly 14 pound of tax on it even know every think was already paid for.
The fee isn't all tax. The Tax would have been the £4 and the £10 would be a royal main handling fee
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
Yeah but still for an 3 disc cd/dvd there being stupid in my opinion.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Not any surprises on the top 10. I'm waiting for a price drop before I get Wolfenstein New order, I've heard lots of good things about it. Don't think I have the patience for Sniper Elite.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
customs is random, my headset was 76 quid and had it after 1 week no fees, the game cost 20 quid, hope it comes without a hitch