Afro Samurai sequel announced

A sequel to Afro Samurai is coming to PS4, Xbox One & PC.

Redacted Studios are handling development of the title, which will include an original storyline and new characters. Other additions will include improved combat over the first title and new special moves and combos.

“Working with independent studios is truly rewarding and we couldn’t be happier to add Redacted Studios and Tangrin to a growing list of top indie studios," said Steve Escalante of Publisher, Versus Evil. "Afro Samurai is a promising title that we are privileged to be publishing. The talent present within this studio is simply amazing and we are really excited to work with them to bring this game to the market.”

We'll post more news as we get it.

Did you play the first title? What did you think of it?

Edited On 30 Jun, 2014

Comments
Lewis 2 years ago
The first game was odd. It followed the story of the anime at times, and then at other times it just decided to do something completely different. It was a decent game but it could have been better, so I'll keep an eye on this and I'm hoping this one is an improvement.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
I had the original which was a smashing little game. There were issues with it. The first fight was ridiculous and some of the levels were poorly designed, but for an early PS3 game it was really good. I'm pleased they are bringing it back, wish they'd done so beforehand
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
:O I was a huge fan of the original game, and the anime. This is great news! I played the first to death (although I still failed to 100% it *cue violins*). I loved that track 'When the Smoke Clears', it got stuck in my head, and Samuel L. Jackson's voiceover was spot on. I really hope he's coming back. And I know the first wasn't perfect but it really was oodles of fun. I especially liked the technique where you could slow time and line up sword strokes for maximum effect. I wonder if they'll follow the storyline of the follow-up movie, Afro Samurai: Resurrection?
Lewis 2 years ago
Man, I really hope Samuel L. Jackson comes back as Ninja Ninja. He was easily my favourite character in the series.
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
It was cool how different he made his performances of Ninja Ninja and Afro. If I recall correctly, he's actually good friends with Afro's creator and even went to a blessing ceremony out in Japan before the series launch for good luck. So, yeah, bring on the sequel please!! :D
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
Samuel L Jackson is a legend!!!!
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
He will be in it, he will do anything for money.
Lewis 2 years ago
I'm glad he does Zombieflamingo because he's good in almost everything he's in!
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
And if I recall correctly, he was a producer on the series so it'd make sense. Even in bad films, he's good :D
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
Have any of you seen the Samuel L Jackson plays Modern Warfare 3 video... well worth a watch, its very funny
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I don't think its a bad thing its good to see someone who will do any role and not be too full of themselves. I did enjoy the first game got it for really cheap and had never seen Afro Samurai before so I had nothing going into it.
ShoryukenToTheChin's avatar
ShoryukenToTheChin 2 years ago
Excellent, I didn't finish watching the Anime series but this was such an awesome franchise and I'm trilled to see it coming back in the form of a video game.
Lewis 2 years ago
Definitely try to finish it when you get the time. It's a great show.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
Agreed Zombie! Would love to meet Samuel L "this is a good burger" Jackson
I would make a better burger than he ever could.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
"That'd be a good **BEEP**-ing burger". Another of my favourite lines: "Get these **BEEP**-ing snakes of this **BEEP**-ing plane". For our younger Shoptoers I have added the word Beep but for anyone who knows anything about Samuel L Jackson they will know what to replace the Beep with lol
da_kerr's avatar