Bungie teases new location for Destiny Beta

Bungie has posted a screen of one of the new locations that you'll be able to visit in the Destiny Beta when it launches later this month.
Destiny’s Beta launches first on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 on July 17, coming to Xbox One and Xbox 360 shortly after.

Are you excited for Destiny?

Edited On 01 Jul, 2014

Comments
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
I know they keep teasing little bits here and there to maintain the anticipation but I've reached the point where I just really want to sink my teeth into it!! Pretty much everything I've heard about it is effusively positive and the visuals look sumptuous so....Yes, I'm definitely excited for Destiny XD
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Tbh, I just want to know where I can go, Mercury, Venus, etc. I don't want to see them before hand. Spoil the surprise
JUBAL 2 years ago
I played the Alpha, and before I played it my expectations on the game were low, but after playing it I really loved it and now the game is on my radar. Can't wait to get my teeth stuck into the Beta.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
I agree with Dave. Would much rather not see the destination before I get to visit it during the game or beta. But its still good that they're adding more destinations to the beta.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Spear - Did you have a look at the Grimoire cards? Jupiter is also listed. I'm guessing we will be able to explore the whole solar system, and maybe beyond in the future
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
No I didn't get around to looking at the Grimoire cards. That's the beauty about destiny they can always add planets or galaxy's as the game expands providing the game is a success.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Providing the launch goes well, I read they wanted 1M people to bash Hell out of the servers for the Beta, I think it will be a huge success
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
The more people the better. Best give the servers a massive test to iron out issues before the game releases. I still think there will be issues with the game when it's released no matter how many people try the beta or whatever modifications they put in place. But it's how quickly they release updates to fix possible issues is the key for me.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
I honestly think they will be on the ball when it comes to fixes/updates. Too much time & money invested not to. For me this is probably going to be the biggest game of the year (literally)
How do you sign up? Might try to get into the PS3 version
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
If you have pre-ordered you will get a registration code to be entered on the Bungie website
So I can.... like ....... Pre-order, get the code & then cancel if I don't like it?
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
If you preorder & accept the code from here, you cannot cancel. You are obliged to buy
That sucks. Rainforest here I come
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
So if you buy it from shopto Basically they have you by the balls at what price they want to charge?
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
I think it's more, you have accepted the bonus
Done. Now if I don't get in (Doubt it) or I don't like it (Likely) then I can cancel my order
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Every preorder gets access to the beta. PS from 17th, XB end of July. Don't know how long the beta is though
The point Toots is making is that everywhere else could drop the price by £5 and Shopto wouldn't budge cos as he said "They have you by the balls"
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
I guess that's a chance you take
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
if you get the code from any retailer you are obliged to buy, as anybody could pre order just to get the code then cancel, not exactly fair is it
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
so technically any shop has you by the balls once pre ordered
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Guess it was done to stop people preordering it from say 7 different places then selling the beta codes and then cancelling the orders.
Lewis 2 years ago
I think I'll wait for reviews on this one. It looks fun but I need more information before locking myself into an order.
Nope! Just to make a point I cancelled my Amazon preorder right now
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
fair enough, its wrong though
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Even if you do accept and the price lowers the price will still go down, same with if there is a collectors edition they will give you the chance to upgrade. Well thats what happened with Hitman anyway.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
If you want to play the Destiny beta but don't wanna be tied into a pre order just pre order the game from here http://www.amazon.co.uk/ACTIVISION-Destiny-Xbox-One/dp/B00BM2LQTO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1404212019&sr=8-2&keywords=destiny they'll send you the beta code instantly then just cancel it, i did it 4 times for me and a few people as they and me didn't wanna get tied into buying a game that we may not even enjoy/like, the beta to me is simply a demo
A Beta isn't a Demo Danny, it's reflective of the final product but it is by no means a Demo
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
They are also apparently redoing the voices with Peter Dinklage for the beta/release.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
i know its a beta and not a demo but to me a beta is a demo simply because all the betas (5 of them) that i have played they have not made any BIG changes apart from glitches ect from the beta to the final game and if the beta is decent and fun to play with friends then ill buy the game but not from shopto at £55, think i am going to start buying games from amazon as my shopto gold membership doesn't really make a difference when amazons prices are mostly cheaper already and sometimes the same price as shopto.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Danny Betas are not a representation of the finish product. Where as a demo is a small section of the finished product but i do know where you're coming from.
FemmeFox's avatar
FemmeFox 2 years ago
Yea I pre-ordered Destiny last year from GAME, I got my code for the beta and have since cancelled my Preorder. 1, because it was at GAME and 2, because I wanna see what my options might be closer to release. I don't mind if it means I get my copy late, the servers will likely boot me out for the first few days anyway because of high activity.
FemmeFox's avatar
FemmeFox 2 years ago
Also, back on topic. I'm OK with having locations shown to me, so long as it's only 1 or 2 screenshots and they don't tell me Where these places are. I want locations to be a mystery. I spent a lot of the Alpha wandering around the HUGE map and found some incredible places. I don't want that sense of adventure stolen from me.