Escape Dead Island revealed for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC

Deep Silver has revealed Escape Dead Island, a survival game that focuses on stealth and mystery.

Developed by Swedish studio Fatshark and set after the events of the original Dead Island, the game will see you sneaking around trying to avoid zombies rather than running into them all guns blazing.

Polygon describes the game as taking a more stealthy approach and says that in the demo it played you could take the zombies out from behind, but If seen, there was no way to fight off the zombies, and the only option was to run.

"If the character finds himself in a situation where he is surrounded by zombies, he might as well be dead," says the site.

As you progress you will increase your inventory of weapons, however in this game you lack immunity to the virus, so it's best to go unseen where possible.

Escape Dead Island will launch on the PlayStation 3, Windows PC and Xbox 360 later this year.

Thanks Craig Tester.

Edited On 01 Jul, 2014

Comments
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 3 years ago
Your very welcome Joe! Why are you thanking me though lol
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I quite like the art style of this. Will probably give it a go though its a shame there is no xbox one, PS4 and Wii U versions. I know its because they say that there is a higher user base on the others but it wont get bigger on the ones that are getting missed if they keep getting missed.
OHHOHOHOHOHOHO! That sounds quite good. One of the things that turn my off with Zombie games is the fact that it is pretty much a shooting gallery. Zombie are meant to be feared. Also the Art-Style is awesome
The game also has quite a good dev behind it
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
I was thinking that the other day there are not many zombie games where the normal zombies are a threat.
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 3 years ago
Nice to see a less gun-toting, blood spilling take on zombies. Ramping up tension through stealth is a great gaming device (just think of some of those segments in TLOU) and that art style is right up my street. Though, I do have to echo the disappointment of no next gen release.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
If there is no multiplayer I will get it for the PC. I also noticed Dead Island 2 is being made by the guys that done Spec Ops.
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 3 years ago
The Yager team, is it? Spec Ops was actually a great game, portrayed war in a truly horrific light, instead if glorifying it which is a nice change of pace.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Yeah thats them, I really enjoyed Spec ops there were things it could have done better but overall it was really good.
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 3 years ago
Did you ever play their game 'Yager' on the original Xbox back in the day? It was a curious sort of sci-fi flight sim/shooter with a purely terrestrial setting. The graphics (particularly the water) were a real accomplishment for the time. Unfortunately, the game also became cripplingly difficult near the end, making me want to collapse in a tear-rendered rage lol
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 3 years ago
Cant say I did, never got an xbox till near the end of that gen, was a gamecube person that time around.
Lewis 3 years ago
This art style is great. I'll give this game a look when it comes out.
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 3 years ago
Seems Fatshark did Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2. Hmm, I shall try and not let that alarm me too much lol
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 3 years ago
And Zombie, I had the GameCube as well. I'll never forget all my playthroughs of Eternal Darkness on that, shame Silicon Knights came to such an ignominious end :(
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 3 years ago
Interesting sounds good so far.