Wednesday Chat: July 2

It's Wednesday and therefore time to chat amongst yourselves.

Since Wednesday is the middle of the week, it's a chat amongst yourselves topic time. Hopefully this will spark some interesting debate amongst all of you. So anything exciting happening in your world then?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 02 Jul, 2014

Comments
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 2 years ago
I won the UFC championship last night woo! :D Anyone else played it?
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
Cant believe NISA America Europe store putting an at least 60% overcharged on limited editions. I use to be able to get for £43 pound that's with shipping on there America store. Now they wont ship to pal religions on there America store to the uk & the rest of europe to pay over nearly 100 pound for the same limited editions with an price increase for the rest of eurpoe for the same limited editions that the NISA America store got what was they thinking? I'm disappointed in them since I've always supported there America online store but this is an joke & kick to royal jewels of loyal fans.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
Morning everyone! Seeing as I know as much about UFC as I do the Loch Ness monster, think I'll probably change the subject. Anyone played a very silly game called 21? What happens is you count to 21 but can only say three numbers yourselves - then whoever says 21 can change any number to a word. Eg. 3 to Fuzzy Duck (you can't change 21) then it repeats so it would be 1,2, Fuzzy Duck! As it's meant to be played with drinks I think we should take it that someone has a swig of coca cola when they get it wrong! I'll post the first ones in a new thread....
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
1, 2, 3
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
4, 5.
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
I had trouble following that and I'm sober(ish). I'll wait until my head has cleared up (from fatigue! Lol) and try and join in lol. Anyone here try that 'create your own assassin' on the Ubisoft website? Apparently ones that get the most votes will appear in their TV spot :)
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
6, 7, 8
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
Haha don't worry dakerr it's more understandable believe it or not a bit tipsy! Learnt it this weekend! The other one is Chicken Goggles ever heard of that one?
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
Chicken Goggles? Lol. The name alone has me intrigued! Haha
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
Well how it works is you sit round in a circle, and when the first to start shouts "Chicken Goggles Up" you make two round loops in-front of your eyes (like glasses) in front of your face. Then you can move either of your chicken goggles to send it round the group either left or right making a chicken sound. If you move both goggles however it moves the way it was going but misses a person. Whoever doesn't move their chicken goggles when they should do, has to drink
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
Being a lightweight with no coordination means I will be well and truly screwed on this one lol
Lewis 2 years ago
@SquareSofty I very rarely watch UFC so the game would be lost on me. I like that they have Bruce Lee in the game, though. @Beazi I've only played 21, never heard of Chicken Goggles! Although considering the time (and my headache) the best thing I could drink right now would be tea. XD
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
The only game i've ever played is ring of fire..
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 2 years ago
@Lewis I only watch it on YouTube but I thought since it's so long 'til WWE I'd grab UFC and I love it, even if it is crazy hard.
Lewis 2 years ago
@JoeToots Is that the one with the cards? I think I've played that once or twice. @SquareSofty Does it do a good job of explaining the rules and things like that? I only ever really see the knockouts or the bone-breaking clips of it so I have no idea what the rest of it is like.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
yeah you put the cards around a pint glass aka the mixer... each card has a forfeit.. but to spice it up we use to use a novelty 3 pint glass..
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
wtf am I reading, the matrix is easier to follow than this thread at this time of morning
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
When I was younger used to have house parties and one of my popular drinking games was kerplonked which is basically you get the old kids game kerplunk and you take in turns taking the straws then if any marbles drop you have to do the corresponding amount of shots ie if 2 marbles drop you would have to do 2 shots.
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 2 years ago
@Lewis The demo has a basic training mode but there is a fair bit to learn so it can be quite hard. The main game has a far superior training mode as it teaches you more after each fight and has a mode to improve it. As for rules they are simple, either make them tap, knock them out or have a decision from the judge. I'd say try the demo and practice as it is a tough game but feels rewarding.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Sounds like a good one that Bindiana.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Yeah quite a few messy nights after that game.
Lewis 2 years ago
@JoeToots 3 pints... wow. That's crazy. @SquareSofty I'll fire up the 360 later and download the demo. Sounds like my kind of game and there won't be any new fighting games for a while.
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 2 years ago
@Lewis I don't think it's available on the 360 unfortunately :/ I have it on the X1 and It's on PS4 too.
Lewis 2 years ago
Damn. Guess it will have to wait until I get one of those consoles, then.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Tales of Hearts R on Vita will be released 14 November.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Did anyone see belgium v USA last night? i felt sorry for the USA. I though it was the best match of the world cup so far!
I'll be waiting till November to get my PSVita now. Though since SAO being released in August I might not stick to that plan
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
I've just set up my reviews channel and would really appreciate some of you ShopTo-ers subscribing to it. I have added a link to ShopTo.Net on there too :) the link is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEYV-9zZkAiHnhQAvkwZCfg
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Here's one for ya's, why is shopto's gold membership such a joke? I mean next month I'm buying diablo 3 ultimate evil edition, metro redux and warriors orochi 3 ultimate all for the xbox one and shopto's total gold membership price = 108.83 and Amazon total standard price = £110.85 so my shopto gold membership only saves me £2.02, I've spent just over a £1000 via on games all through shopto since March 2013 and I think shopto's gold membership should give a bigger discount on purchases not much more but something noticeable like 10% or even 15%? Something to keep encourage loyal customers to continue to purchase goods from shopto.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
The obvious reason that Amazon can have a standard price close to the gold price is because of their tax dodging. However when you look at the prices for the same games in other places they are usually charging more than the Gold prices granted it sometime only a pound or two but it does add up. Don't get me wrong you could probably get them cheaper in other places if you shopped around. Though I will admit I preferred the points over the instant discount but it still works out saving the same.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
End of the day you're still saving £2.02.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
That's enough for a bacon butty.. So think evey £100 you spend on games you get one bacon butty.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 2 years ago
Yeh i watched the game toots, really like belgium but wanted to see some penatlies
Some people are never happy.
Beazi's avatar
Beazi 2 years ago
The first video review is up! Give me your opinions guys and please subscribe: www.youtube.com/channel/UCEYV-9zZkAiHnhQAvkwZCfg