Watch Dogs single player DLC arrives today

New single player content for Watch Dogs will be available later today on all platforms.

The release includes three single player missions, unlockable weapons, perks and bonuses.

The three missions are detailed below:

The Palace Single Player Mission: A police raid is planned on the luxury palace of an Internet mogul. His databanks have intimate details on thousands of people including Dedsec and Aiden Pearce. Break inside, wipe his hard drive and escape before the raid begins. Then silence the Internet mogul.
- Signature Shot Single Player Mission: A biometrics weapon has been smuggled into Chicago for a captain of the Black Viceroys gang. The weapon only works with the first person to imprint his palm on the handle. Breach a stronghold, steal the package and be the first to imprint the weapon.
- Breakthrough Single Player Mission: A secret gathering is underway. The Chicago South Club is negotiating power with Corporate CEOs. The Club has hired scramblers to block surveillance devices. Find the scrambler vehicles and take out their technicians. Locate the meeting and eliminate everyone taking part.

New weapons available with this content include the Biometric Rifle and the Auto-6 pistol. The Biometric Rifle is acquired after successfully completing the Signature Shot mission and is unique to Aiden, responding his finger prints alone. It excels at long range, but still has a high rate of fire for when combat gets up close and personal. The Auto-6 is a burst fire pistol that is extremely effective and deals a large amount of damage.

Among the new perks and bonuses are a Dedsec Battery Boost that adds additional phone battery, a Blume Weapon Boost that permits faster reloading for all weapons and less recoil, a Driving Master boost that offers improved vehicle hit points and an ATM Hack boost that increases the amount of money gained when hacking accounts at ATMs.

Season Pass holders received access to this content one week in advance and starting tomorrow non Season Pass holders can purchase the content.

Edited On 02 Jul, 2014

Comments
Lewis 2 years ago
Is this game actually worth owning? I was excited for it before it came out and since then I've heard loads of negative feedback. Would any owners here recommend it?
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
Personally, I would recommend. For all its flaws, it's still a lot of fun. If you're buying it for multiplayer, I'd probably give it a pass though. The street crime interventions can get a bit repetitive, the graphics don't really reflect the E3 footage, etc. But the good outweighs those aspects. The plot is quite good, hacking is an inordinate amount of fun (watching a panicked enemey run around from you hacking their grenades is hilarious) and the detail of the city is impressive. Gunplay is solid, going in for running melee attacks can be a bit clumsy (the tackle and climb buttons are the same) but the driving elements are brilliant. There are some great adrenaline pumping moments as you race around trying to ditch pursuers whilst using elements of the city's infrastructure (such as steam mains, traffic lights, bollards, etc) to impede them. For me, it felt like GTA meets Assassin's Creed (I'm certain someone can think of a better comparison) and it had a campaign that lasted more than five minutes so, yep, from my perspective I would definitely recommend it :)
Lewis 2 years ago
Thanks. Roughly how long would you say the story mode is? I don't really have an interest in the multiplayer mode so I'd hope the single player is quite long.
NathanW18's avatar
NathanW18 2 years ago
Yes, this game is worth owning. The amount of hyperbole surrounding it on the internet has been ridiculous. It's not perfect. No game is. It's far better than the majority of other games out there. It's good and very much worth playing. That is if you're buying it for the PS4. I don't know how performances compares on the other consoles. A lot of the negative feedback seemed to be coming from PC players. The game doesn't seem to have been very well optimised for PC. That's a shame, but it is not a bad game on the PS4. Then there are also other people that are complaining that the game doesn't look like the 2012 reveal. Even though Ubisoft had released at least 4/5 trailers within 6 months of release, showing everybody what they were going to get. Knowing this and then still buying it seems a little stupid. If the graphics are not up to the standard in your view. I think it looks fine on PS4. Especially at night and when it's raining. It looks fantastic. The single player is long if you plan on doing all of the side content. I'd say doing everything (getting the platinum trophy) took maybe 50/60 hours. With the additional content releasing, that will extend it by a bit.
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
Even if you primarily focus on the main story and only do some of the side missions, I'd say there's easily 30+ hours of gameplay in there. And I'd actually recommend doing the side missions, it helps you get more skill points, special cars, weapons, etc :)
NathanW18's avatar
NathanW18 2 years ago
Urgh, I hate how the comment sections doesn't allow for paragraphs. These posts just look like a huge wall of text. Please add the ability to allow for paragraphs, ShopTo.
Lewis 2 years ago
That sounds like a good amount of content. Thanks for your help guys. I'll have to get it on PS4 as the 360 version doesn't look great and the Wii U version isn't coming any time soon.
da_kerr's avatar
da_kerr 2 years ago
Hope you enjoy it! Let us know how you get on with it :)
Lewis 2 years ago
Will do!
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Watch dogs is a great game but wasn't ever going to live up to the massive hype surrounding it. I really enjoyed getting the Platinum trophy for Watch dogs and think there is a lot of content in the game to keep people occupied for many hours.
Sovereign212-V.I.P's avatar
Sovereign212-V.I.P 2 years ago
I got the season pass but never got the breakthrough mission?? nor the viceroy outfit. ubisofts a joke to the gaming industry