ShopTo.net

Friday Chat: July 4

So, What are you plans for the weekend? What games will you be playing, what movies will you be seeing? Is it party time or sleep time?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 04 Jul, 2014

Comments
Can I start with an off topic announcement - I have just set up a group on Bungie.net for a clan for ShopTo'ers on PS4 - Simply under the group (search) ShopTo. Please join so that we can hunt & fight together. Cheers. On topic, I plan on getting some gaming in this weekend by playing the rest of Murdered: SS, that and watching the F1
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 5 months ago
Just found out Once Upon a Time wasn't cancelled and was just dropped by Channel 5, so I'll be watching series 3 of that over the weekend. I'll probably squeeze in some Maario Kart and Tomodachi Life too.
Gloria 5 months ago
Does anyone know how to leave a conversation on the PSN app as cant have my phone going of every 2 seconds while I am at work.
Bindiana 5 months ago
On topic I am Go Karting on Saturday game wise I hope to get more Soul Suspect done and maybe watch some more classic Earthworm Jim episodes.
Bindiana 5 months ago
Played a demo version of Tomodachi Life and surprisingly enjoyed it (despite it being very short), so I may hunt around for that. Otherwise, I have no plans. I'm currently fasting at the moment so I'll do my best to do as little exercise as possible (so gaming weekend!!!) but I do want to trade in a game, so may take a trip into town at some point. Otherwise, I have uni work in for Thursday so I should make a start on that at some point, too. And Biniana, I found that too. I just deleted the conversation and that seems to have stopped it.
Kaysar 5 months ago
Apologies for the PSN guys
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 5 months ago
Tomodachi Life is awesome Kaysar.
Gloria 5 months ago
My joystick has come so this weekend i'll be flying people back and forth to the battlefield on arma 3
JoeToots 5 months ago
awww dave your in trouble lol , you added nat to the destiny fireteam feed and now she getting lots of friend requests off people she don't know, naughty boy lol
jay.hamilton 5 months ago
Oops, guess I didn't quite think that 'send to all' through ... doh!
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 5 months ago
Ooh dear, for anyone who isn't home and has a vita you can delete the thread on that and it'll auto delete it on the app. Failing that just go to settings on your phone and stop the push notifications for the playstation app, on iphone its settings>notification centre>Playstation and turn off what you want(i.e. sound alerts etc.)
RTLF 5 months ago
Yeah managed to disable message notifications coming through in the end.
Bindiana 5 months ago
lol, my kids both want a vita now, they want me to sell their 3ds consoles and about 50 games, just cant please em these days
jay.hamilton 5 months ago
Do it Jay, they'll soon be moaning when they realize there's only a couple of games for the Vita.
Gloria 5 months ago
hah! How can anyone take a comment like that seriously from such a fervent Wii-U supporter? Bout time you showed some of that maturity you keep banging on about Gloria, seriously girl ;) Sounds like you've got a couple of young Tootell's there Jay :P
RTLF 5 months ago
I think you must be confusing me with someone else, I never go on about maturity, and am very open about my own immaturity.
Gloria 5 months ago
wowowow lets leave my family name out of this. dick.
JoeToots 5 months ago
little Joes i would of accepted but not when you're dragging my family name into it.
JoeToots 5 months ago
lol sorry mate! Little Joe's it is ;)
RTLF 5 months ago
meant your age Gloria, winding you up anyway, bants love
RTLF 5 months ago
Better :) even saying little indecisive fucking twat Joes would of been better haha
JoeToots 5 months ago
That isn't insulting you Jay i read it back and can see how it could be taken wrong way but i don't mean it that way it's just proving a point anything is better than using Tootells
JoeToots 5 months ago
anyway anyone seen that thing about Linsey Lohan suing rockstar because they apparently used her image in GTA?
JoeToots 5 months ago
Haven't been called dick in a while... is it still considered as short for Richard? Saw your smashing xbox video the other day Joe, was crying when you got the hammer out :P Was probably cheaper than a couple of therapy sessions I guess
RTLF 5 months ago
It is short for Richard yes. To be honest your taxes pay for my therapy..
JoeToots 5 months ago
worth every penny
RTLF 5 months ago
I'll let you in on a secret... the xbox was dead to start with... how great is that?!?
JoeToots 5 months ago
Well apparently Tomodachi Life is £25 in Cex, and my duplicate game I can trade in for £32. So there's a good chance I'll have a copy come Sunday evening.
Kaysar 5 months ago
hahahaha little tootels, pmsl ,
jay.hamilton 5 months ago
I'm looking at getting an xbox one. If I get an Xbox One with Kinect, and I decide that Kinect annoys me, can I use it without Kinect? I only ask as some places are selling the Kinect version for a small amount extra compared to the bundle without Kinect and it would seem stupid not to pay a little extra just in case I find Kinect useful.
Spear 25 5 months ago
I will start my own Fireteam on the xbox one with blackjack and hookers. GAME were doing buy one get another half price on Tomodachi.
Zombieflamingo 5 months ago
Yeah you can just unplug the kinect, it is useful for some voice commands such as recording video and so on.
Zombieflamingo 5 months ago
Thanks for the advice. There doesn't seem to be many Xbox one deals about lately. Bit annoyed with myself that I didn't pick a Titanfall bundle up when they dropped down to £350 a few months ago.
Spear 25 5 months ago
Yeah that was a good deal, they might do another for sunset overdrive.
Zombieflamingo 5 months ago
Nice futurama reference Zombie. Yeah I picked up the titanfall bundle most of been a limited time offer at that price. Would guess there will be another bundle like it at christmas.
Bindiana 5 months ago
Has anyone got the slim vita? I was just wondering what the difference is between the normal one and the slim one as I have an annoying scratch on the side of my screen when I stupidly dropped it.
Zombieflamingo 5 months ago
Its slimmer, lighter, battery lasts for an hour or two more and it has LCD screen instead of OLED screen. That's it
RTLF 5 months ago
Best I can come up with is £375 for Xbox One with Kinect and a physical copy of Titanfall.
Spear 25 5 months ago
Does the screen make that much of a difference though?
Zombieflamingo 5 months ago
wouldn't it make more sense to go with the ps4 destiny Zombie? the shopto fireteam means more chance of people to play with at any given time and a bigger clan... elementary
RTLF 5 months ago
They both have their pros and cons when it comes to clarity and colours etc. marginal difference either way, I think LCD handles better being played in the sunlight too which is good
RTLF 5 months ago
My brother and a few of my other friends don't have a PS4 and only have an xbox one otherwise I probably would have. Besides I am locked in on my order here for the one version.
Zombieflamingo 5 months ago
Thats always a good thing, will look into it not going to go buy one right away so might wait for the right deal or hopefully a limited edition one.
Zombieflamingo 5 months ago
Spear you may be better just buying the console and getting Titanfall separate, I saw Game selling the likes of Dead Rising 3 and Ryse for £20 preowned the other day as well.
Zombieflamingo 5 months ago
Well that's me chose Monster Hunter U as my free game (Watch it drop price now)
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
Oh & I got Luigi U from Game today but the problem is that the game isn't in its wrapping so I'm not sure if I want to open it
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
I thought that too but looking at cheapest Xbox One with Kinect, and even buying it separately would work out more than that deal. I'm not desperate for it yet, so will wait a little longer to see what deals comes up.
Spear 25 5 months ago
I've just registered my MK8 at club Nintendo but I'm really not sure which game to choose. I already own 5 out of the 10 available. It's either between Sonic Lost World, Monster Hunter or Mario and Sonic Olympic game. I'm definitely not getting Wii Party U or Game & Wario.
Spear 25 5 months ago
Go Monster Hunter since it is the most expensive one there. You can pick up Lost World for around £20 most of the time
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
I was thinking Monster Hunter but I played the demo and really couldn't get on with it. Thought the controls were all over the place.
Spear 25 5 months ago
None of them are particularly great TBH
Gloria 5 months ago
It's the kind of controls you need to get used to
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
Welp, Skyward Sword time. I don't care what people say, it is an amazing game
Loli-Nox-Tan 5 months ago
The controls do feel clunky for Monster Hunter but when you get used to them they sort of work. I would recommend trying the different weapons as well as they do play differently, not realy tried ranged but I usually go for the Daggers or Spear.
Zombieflamingo 5 months ago