Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth has a release date, and if you pre-order you'll get the Exoplanets Map Pack for free.
The pre-order bonus includes the following six custom maps inspired by real exoplanets:-Kepler 186f: This lush forest planet is one of the oldest known Earth-like planets.-
- Rigil Khantoris Bb: Orbiting the closest star to our solar system, the historical records of this arid continental planet’s settlement are well-preserved.
- Tau Ceti d: This planet of seas and archipelagos features a booming biodiversity and a wealth of resources.
- Mu Arae f: Tidally locked in orbit around a weak star, the southern hemisphere of this planet is a blistering desert where the sun never sets, while the northern hemisphere is perpetually in frozen darkness.
- 82 Eridani e: An alien world of scarce water and wracked by tectonic forces.
- Eta Vulpeculae b: A mysterious new discovery with unknown terrain.
Civilization: Beyond Earth will cost around $49.99 and arrives on October 24. Great, more cash to spend in October.