Bungie details Destiny Beta times and dates

Bungie has detailed the dates and times for the Destiny beta.

We already knew that the Beta begins first for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 at 17.00pm GMT on July 17, however now know that the beta for Xbox One and Xbox 360 will be begin on July 23rd at 17.00pm GMT.

Bungie has also advised that the Beta will be offline for scheduled maintenance on July 21 – July 22 and remain open for all platforms until 06:59 GMT, 28 July.

Destiny will also have two collector’s edition in the form of the Limited Edition and the Ghost Edition, both of which will include:

- Limited edition SteelBook Case and Game Disc
- Guardian Folio, which includes Arms & Armament Field Guide, postcards from the Golden - Age and an antique Star Chart
- Collector’s Edition Digital Content Pack, which includes unique Ghost casing, exclusive player emblem, exclusive player ship variant
- Destiny Expansion Pass, which includes access to two expansion coming post-launch

In addition, the Ghost Edition will come with the following, although this version will not be available at ShopTo as it is exclusive to another retailer.

- Ghost replica, featuring motion-activated lights and voice recordings from award-winning actor Peter Dinklage, voice of the Ghost character, the player’s personal companion in the game
- Letter of Introduction
- Golden Age Relics, which include a Photo, Patch, Sticker and two Chrome slides of the Traveler
- The post-launch expansions will include story missions, co-op activities and multiplayer maps, new weapons, armour and gear. Each pack will cost around £12 individually, or around £25 for the Expansion Pass.

Here's some details of the expansions:

- Expansion I: The Dark Below – set deep beneath the surface of the Moon, discover an ancient tomb that has been unsealed, and a dark god who has risen an evil army in the depths of the Hellmouth, the home of the Hive enemy race
- Expansion II: House of Wolves – details will be revealed later

PlayStation platforms will also include additional exclusive content for Expansion I and II and will remain exclusive until at least late 2015.

A digital edition will also be made available for digital pre-orders and it will include a digital copy of the game along with the Expansion Pass and all the digital content found the in the Collector’s edition.

Edited On 07 Jul, 2014

Comments
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I was on the bunjie website earlier and apparently I have two beta codes registered somehow so looks like I can try on both.
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
heres the collectors editions that are being released
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I am tempted by the Ghost edition but there is no mention of an xbox one version of them but I assume they will have them.
im on the ghost edition
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I noticed above that it is not going to be on Shopto which is a shame as I am locked in here and was hoping for an upgrade :( oh well.
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
im locked in too, that's not good as they should never have locked us in just in case, fuming now
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Was thinking we could always just return it :)
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
lol, if the price is right ill just bang it on ebay sealed, will lose a couple of quid but that's the risk ive took
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
if they accept a full refund return then that's it lol
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
My friend will be getting it as well but doesnt usually preorder so I can sell my copy to him. It looks like it may be Amazon for the Ghost edition.
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
According to the returns policy they do. It is a shame though as I would have happily got it from here.
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
I would have gotten it from here too
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
Joe, I know it says the ghost edition is with another retailer, any idea if shop to will be getting the limited edition one
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
I hope they get the Ghost Edition. I want it. Going by conversion rate it 'should' be around £90
I am expecting £130
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
its 150 dollars so doubt it will be 90 dave, as its never calculated properly, probably about 120 knowing our luck, at least they all come with the 2 expansion packs
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
I would expect to pay (after getting screwed) £100-110. Guess we'll just have to wait and see & pray we can get it too
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Thats the way I was looking at it as well as they would probably cost about £30 so I was just going to take that off the price to justify it for me :) also for you PS4 people the expansions will also have limited time exclusive content in them.
It's £150 at GAME only :(
fuck that
pardon my french
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Foolish just to be Game only. Can't see it listed there.
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I am assuming its just because its just announced they are getting it up fast and will sort the price later..... i hope.
they have the limited edition at 94.99
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
just type destiny ghost edition and wait for the little bar to show up
amazon have limited at 87.99
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
That could be just a placeholder/guess at the price ... hopefully
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I hope so, preorderd just incase but might just change to limited edition instead.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
being locked in with shopto is the reason why i canceled it and went with amazon as if i don't like the beta i can just easily cancel it and if i do enjoy the beta the ill just buy it, is it only shopto that are screwing people over for redeeming the beta codes or are other retailers doing it too?
Ryan 2 years ago
Will you be able to purchase the limited editions from shopto? Pre ordered before they were announced obviously but would fancy one but have redeemed my beta code already...
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Not too sure if there others Danny, the thing is I completely understand why they do it even though it is a tad annoying.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
yeah it is annoying but that's whys there other retailers other then shopto and it with the different editions of the games i am not surprised at all the there's a standard one, collectors one and an OTT one with it the publishers being activision they do the same thing with COD, if i enjoy the beta then i will only buy the standard edition as according to IGN UK all the DLC/expansion packs are timed exclusives to PlayStation for an entire year and even if i enjoy the beta and buy the game ill only play it for month or 2 as there's other more interesting campaign games coming out this year and plus ill have Halo MMC for MP.
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Not all the expansion there are only some things in the expansion which is a strange way of doing it. Personally really dont like this timed DLC for anything it is just stupid. Wouldnt blame activision on the three different types loads of companies do that have the majority of Halos not done that as well?
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Yea halos have different editions, not sure sure how many halo 3 had, think halo 4 had 2, think halo reach had 3 but at least halo MCC has one edition, also I dislike timed exclusives too and the pre order bonus (skulls) are all timed pre orders they unlock to everyone one month after halo MCC release and only work within the halo 2 anniversary campaign.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
The Ghost edition looks good but it isn't worth £150 in my opinion. The main thing I would be interested in the limited edition is access to the expansion packs and maybe the SteelBook, but is that worth the extra money. I will give it a little time until I decide whether to get the limited edition.
Adam 2 years ago
Any idea on whether ShopTo will be stocking the limited edition?
LAA's avatar
LAA 2 years ago
OK ShopTo, don't let me down now. Here I've done the calculation for you already: Ghost Edition: £87.54 Limited: £58.37 Understand theres VAT, so lets say £69 Limited, £99 Ghost? Getting increasingly pressured to import games from elsewhere or simply buy on US PSN.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
I pre ordered the Limited edition last night from Amazon. Wanted to get the pre order in just in case the price increases. Ghost edition is a Game exclusive, so Shopto won't be offering that version. Hopefully they will stock the limited edition to give people a chance who are locked into pre orders to upgrade.
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 2 years ago
raise a ticket and they will upgrade you. when you take the beta code the TCs said you will not be able to cancel. thats BETTER than everywhere else that dont allow the choice! on that note, even with import tax the ghost edition from the US would be £105 + Post. thats one HELL of a markup by game. although i really want it, im unsure