Tuesday Chat, July 8: Tomodachi Time

We are pretty addicted to Tomodachi Life on the 3DS at the moment, so today's chat topic is dedicated to just that.

At the moment I have around 7 Mii's on my island and I'm starting to see a lot of the areas of the island open up. My Mii's have been for Fish & Chips, have visited the fair, went shopping for hats and new outfits and have even taken part in a round of Karaoke, being the first in the world to sing one of my very own songs.

Tomodachi Life is pretty addictive really. Have you visited the island? If so send us some of your screens to contact@shopto.net and we'll post them here.

Let's Chat!

•Screens via Gloria.

Edited On 08 Jul, 2014

Comments
I love this game, it's just about to overtake Animal Crossing as my most played 3DS game, and have been religiously checking my 3DS every morning for the past month or so to collect donations from my islanders and see what new things are in the shops. I've got around 40 islanders so far, around ten of which were born on the island, and and they are so much more like real people than the Sims. You can't do anything bad to them like starve them to death or anything, I have tried, but they've got real personalities and as you aren't some disembodied god figure presiding over them you can talk talk to them, and they speak a language you can understand. There's loads to do too, mini games to play with the islanders, activities scheduled around the island every day, a music hall and photo studio, even a campsite for visitors when you streetpass with someone, plus you can spy on their dreams when they're asleep. And there seems to be an inexhaustable supply of content, clothes to wear, food to eat and themes for their homes, that I'm still unlocking new stuff after over a month, and seeing things I'm still to unlock in the quizzes they spring on you. Any of my Miiverse friends may have seen some of my photos on there, but I'll knock together a fresh batch today to email in for shopto and their Tomodchi diary, and thanks again for the free copy of the game, you didn't need to as I already had it and am very happy to ramble on about it to anyone that will listen.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Thanks for the code Joe very much appreciated made me switch on my 3ds for the first time in about a year and havent been able to put it down since except now (stupid work getting in the way haha) but will jump back on as soon as I get home. Its a game you can play in short bursts and seems at the beginning your always unlocking things.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
So jealous i'll pick this up later in the year. Anyways good morning hope everyone doing alright.
You should take it in to work Bindania, you'll miss out on the afternoon market otherwise, you regularly get new items for sale there, especially early on in the game.
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
Hey got an code for tomodachi too awesome thanks. I'll download it in an little while after my 3ds is done charging & updating.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Was thinking of taking it to work and have a little play on my lunch might do that from tomorrow.
You should, it's great for just picking up a few minutes at a time.
I need to find my 3DS charger so I can play it
Btw a special Vivillon is available for X&Y now
I can't play this game. It's asking me to name my island
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 2 years ago
Checked on eshop and there was no demo available so I'll gave to give this game a miss. Too much money to risk. Back to Pokemon Yellow for me then.
Well we all have welcome versions, just ask one of us
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
How do you get the welcome stuff do you have to go to the store again and download it?
Just emailed in a load of my photos ;)
Or I thought I did, delivery failed, maybe too many photo's in the email, or the address contact@shopto.net isn't valid.
Sent them to Joe instead.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I got that last night Nox but then couldnt get onto the pokemon bank because of maintenance which sucks. Been having great luck playing platinum and got a shiny ponyta which looks great. I saw that the Pokemon trading card game is coming out on the e shop soon. I am downloading the copy of Tomodachi which Spear very kindly gave me, it is strange that the other one was coming up saying it was used.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Just glad the code worked for you as your first code didn't work. Sorry to go off topic but how ridiculously expensive is the Destiny Ghost edition? It's a game exclusive unfortunately :(
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
It is really expensive not as bad as Titanfall though but still, I do like it though and it is the day after my birthday its out so I might treat myself but then I may just go for the limited edition from here as I till get the expansion included in that.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
I don't think the ghost edition will drop in price either considering how much the limited edition is selling for.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
It does depend on how limited the ghost edition is as well and what the Ghost replica is made of. Also Ghost reminds me of the Mags from Phantasy star online.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
ive changed mine to the limited edition, also just got back from having my tattoos done, arm is bloody killing
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
haha so everyone recieved a code bar me :L
Probably because you're always slagging off Nintendo.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Has anyone ever pre-paid for a pre order before? Was thinking about doing it but wanted to see if many people have done it before. Sometimes it can be an advantage to pay for something then forget about it till release.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
I have prepaid things in the week its coming out and thats been fine
I prepay my preorders on Amazon all the time, I've already paid for nearly all my preorders for the rest of the year.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Thanks for the responses. I was mainly wondering about pre paying experiences with Shopto. Thinking about pre paying for my Destiny Limited edition as its more expensive than standard games are.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
i only slag them off to get a reaction, i actually own a DS and Wii and wii-u plus have access to a 3ds.. nintendo consoles are the only ones i actually keep...
Backfired on you then, didn't it ;)
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
i always pre pay for my pre orders with shopto usually about 4-6 weeks before the game(s) release simply so its easier for me just forget about it and it turns up in the post and Gloria i didn't know ya can pre pay for pre orders with amazon, ill have to look into that as tbh the main reason i use shopto is coz i can pre pay my pre orders off so when bills are due ect it makes financially much easier for me
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Gloria how do you pre pay for an order on amazon, i cant find/figure out how to? as there's only options to track package, change payment type, cancel item, change delivery option and change delivery address?
I use vouchers to prepay on Amazon, not sure you can do it with cash, other than buying vouchers and adding them to your account I suppose.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
oh that's sounds like to much hassle ill just pre pay metro rudux with shopto instead but thanks for the response tho
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
i won't lose any sleep over it... Just if the prices are the same as amazon on shopto my business will shift.. incentives you see.. amazon give me free prime!
How do you get free Prime for more than a month?
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Joe, does amazon prime make a difference in getting ya pre ordered games any faster? as most company's just use 1st class standard which usually takes 1 working day to deliver. (well for me anyways).
Doesn't really make a difference on pre-orders, Amazon do release day on pre-orders as standard without Prime.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
i kind of thought that but just asked anyways in case i was wrong, thanks Gloria.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
nope but it does make a difference because i place at least one non gaming related order a week example: http://puu.sh/a2d0L/69b8c5fdae.png and the reason i get free amazon prime gloria is because i order that much stuff off of amazon if it doesn't arrive next day which has happened a few times complain they add a free month on.. i paid for a years prime which is due to run out anytime now but i have it till this time next year. I'm not being pety it's just since shopto removed the old points system i've seen no incentive to order from here unless they have been cheaper. Seems like that's the way it will stay.
Got to go with the best money deal really, that's why I go with Amazon, with all the vouchers i get most my physical games have been free the last year or so.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
yeah i liked the old system better too this new system doesn't seem to be anything worthwhile even with gold membership but as i said above the only reason why i use shopto to is coz its great for me pre paying for pre orders and also all my pre orders have either arrived on or before release date but some of shoptos prices on some games are more expensive then amazon like watchdogs was and im still annoyed with myself that i got that game via shopto for £7 more then amazon (had to edit comment)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
think of the time you've wasted doing surveys though..
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
With how expensive PS4/Xbox One games are, people are shopping around more for deals. £7 might not sound like too much money but if you could save a couple of pounds per order it all adds up in the end. I find myself shopping around more looking for deals, but I only go with sites I trust though. I wouldn't use a website I've never heard of before just to save a few pounds.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Very true spear25 like a website called simplygames who held ps4 pre orders ransom until coughed up extra more on top of the rrp to keep there pre orders back in october, websites i only use is shopto (mainly), amazon (sometimes) and game (hardly) but haven't used game website since last year.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
I normally use shopto and amazon. It's rare but now and then I might find a good deal on game, sometimes I also get games from tesco as they have online vouchers, such as spend £30 get £5 off.
It's not time wasted when I get paid for it Tootell ;)
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I did go through all my preorders and only a couple were cheaper on Amazon or GAME so I did end up keeping them here, think the only ones I changed were Evolve to Game as i have some spare points and Batman to amazon.
So Microsoft are starting to pay people if they buy an Xbone http://www.destructoid.com/microsoft-s-new-promotion-offers-75-credit-for-players-to-upgrade-to-xbox-one-277764.phtml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter