Wednesday Chat: July 9

It's Wednesday and therefore time to chat amongst yourselves.

Since Wednesday is the middle of the week, it's a chat amongst yourselves topic time. Hopefully this will spark some interesting debate amongst all of you. So anything exciting happening in your world then?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 09 Jul, 2014

Comments
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
recently i've started playing old school runescape and the nostalgia is unreal! So my question to everyone is. Is there a game which when you play you feel a whole lot of nostaliga even now?
PHILIP 2 years ago
Yeah, Shadow Of The Beast II on the Amiga. Showing my age I know but even now when I load it when I am in a retro emulator mood it brings back very fond memories... Amazing music but solid as nails difficulty.. No "checkpoints" every 5 minutes in them days :-)
I think I get more nostalgic over new games than I do old ones. When I play old games I think 'this is great', when i play new games I just think 'games have gone downhill'.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
For nostalgia purposes the games I play are Sensible Soccer and Final Fantasy VII
PHILIP 2 years ago
Final Fantasy VII... good choice... Sank hours into that game to the point my Ps1 would stop reading the CD and I would have to aim a desktop fan onto it to keep the unit cool for it to load properly. Out of old games Ocarina Of Time to me is still the best game of all time. Sounds sad but I remember I was actually gutted when I finished it because I did'nt want it to end. My N64 was RGB modded so it looks terrible on LCD TV screen blurry and washed out colours so nostalgia via emulation is the only way I would play that again - or the 3ds if I wanted. Problem is with many new games Gloria is they are either totally brilliant or totally crap. . or is that just me ? Maybe we have been spoilt for choice and expect too much today ? :-)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
haha i use to have to turn my ps1 upside down for it to read discs :L
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Nostalgia? Final Fantasy 7 is my instant nostalgia fest, as is Zelda Ocarina of Time. However, bar these two games (and a few other spin offs down the same franchise) I don't really visit nostalgia often. I've always found I remember it "better" in my head than when I face the bleak reality of Goldeneye lagging terribly when two people fire at once. Although that said, I have since started replaying Mario Party on the Gamecube, but that's only because a friend's SO adores the game and it's a reason for us all to hang out.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Have played FFVII numerous times always trying to do different things like max out enemy skills last time I killed Emerald Weapon without using Knights of the round and initiating lucky 7's
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Some interesting stats the amount of games rated by PEGI the last few years are as follows 2009 : 2,750 2010: 2,538 2011: 2,214 2012: 1,813 and 2013 : 1,542 so seems we are getting less and less games each year.
PHILIP 2 years ago
Christ you're bringing back memories now Bindiana ! Yes Joe many Ps1's ended up with dodgy lasers... especially ...ahem... ones "modded" to read CDR's :-) Happy memories.... Never really played a Mario Party game Kaysar but if it gets you all together then great choice......
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Nintendo, bar the odd shooter for a few specific male mates, seems to be the only console general friends want to come around and play together
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 2 years ago
For me its mainly ff7 or ff8. Streets of rage and altered beast too. Used to love my sega.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
ah Streets of Rage brings back memories of me and my brother playing and accidently hitting each other and if it happened the other one getting a free punch
You lot make me feel old getting nostalgic about things from my thirties.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Lords of the Fallen release date is 31 October so another one for the packed October
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 2 years ago
I'd say FF VII and IX, if I go back a bit then Road Rash on the Megadrive and finally Alex Kidd in miracle world on Master System II. Good old days.
csrogue's avatar
csrogue 2 years ago
Lords of midnight on the spectrum and dungeon master on the Atari st. Guess I am old. :)
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I saw that Bindiana it looks interesting but I think I will wait for a price drop for it or get it in December. Nostalgia for me is the mega drive with the likes of Toejam & Earl. Also for the playstation my favourite RPGs were Suikoden 2, Wild Arms and Breath of Fire 3.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Wild Arms and Breath of Fire 3 were brillaint games. I adored little Peco!
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Never played a Breath of Fire game. Another RPG I liked on PS1 was Legend of Legaia
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Breath of fire 3 was great it on the PSP/vita if you wanted to try it. Legend of Legaia was good I like how the fighting worked. Did you play Legend of Dragoon? There were too many good RPG on the PS1.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Actually Wild Arms is as well. I have a folder on my vita for all the old FF games as well as Wild Arms, Breath of Fire and Grandia.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Yeah played Legend of Dragoon. Vandal Hearts were good for some SRPGing. PS1 is where RPGs became popular thanks to FFVII.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Did you ever get Ash to become a Vandalier? I really enjoyed the second one as well. FF did do wonders for the RPGs over here.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
No never managed to get Ash to be come a Vandalier. Yeah if it wasnt for FF wouldnt of really bothered with RPGs and wouldnt of gone back and sought copies of Suikoden and Vandal hearts and other RPGs before FF.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I still don't have copied of Suikodn 1 and 2 they are just so expensive. I do plan on getting them eventually. He kicked ass when he was a vandalier but was really hard to get. Never got the vandalier in the second one though.