Destiny download uses 40GB of hard drive space

A listing on the Sony Entertainment Network has revealed that Destiny will take up 40GB of hard drive space.

This doesn't take into consideration future patches, updates and DLC and of course it should be nowhere near this size should you decide to buy the disc version.

As always, we'd imagine that the downloadable version of Destiny will be much costlier than its disc counterpart, which you can of course pre-order from ShopTo in both standard and limited editions.

Pre-ordering will also gain you access to the beta.

Edited On 09 Jul, 2014

Comments
SquareSofty's avatar
SquareSofty 2 years ago
Why are downloads so much more expensive than a physical copy? It doesn't make sense.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
I found this with Sony explaining why digital copies can be so much dearer than physical copies (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-28-sony-explains-ps4-digital-game-pricing) TL/DR version: Shops can set their own prices to attract business and it doesn't make fiscal sense for Sony to match any "crazy" deals other retail shops make.
beeje13's avatar
beeje13 2 years ago
"it should be nowhere near this size should you decide to buy the disc version." That won't be true, apart from the license, the disc and digital versions will be identical. That said, I would rather buy the disc copy!
Dan 2 years ago
It's not actually much costlier than the shopto price. It is however more expensive than the general price from other retailers. I always shop at shopto because of competitive prices and early delivery, however your pricing has gone to hell on a number of titles and I don't remember the last time I got a game early. You need to get back some unique selling points for your company, because you're turning into just another game retailer with high prices and basic launch day delivery. Come on guys. £10 extra to buy it from shopto rather than Amazon? That's a 20% premium for no benefit other than some negligable loyalty points.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
Shopto's pricing for this isn't much better though. Regardless, ridiculous file sizes like this are becoming the norm these days, and they'll only be more regular once multiplatform games stop appearing on last gen consoles as well.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
With my internet connection I don't see me going for digital only anytime soon. It would be nice for games if they do what the majority of Blu rays do and give you a physical and digital for a little bit dearer.
Burner's avatar
Burner 2 years ago
I personally will be getting the Guardian edition direct from the US PSN store for a grand total of £53 that is £40 cheaper than Shopto are charging for the Limited edition. Once upon a time Shopto was the only place I bought my games for the same reasons PrometheusFan mentioned but I can't remember when I last bought from them as the pricing is insane to anyone but Shopto's fanboys! I honestly hope they start selling games at a reasonable price again otherwise I don't see me using them much again.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
While I do agree that Destiny could be cheaper when compared to everywhere else my next few games I have ordered are actually cheaper here. Diablo 3 ultimate evil edition I am getting for £42.61 here while it is £44 at Amazon and £45 at GAME. Forza Horizon 2 is £42.61 here and £44.86 at Amazon and £44.99 at GAME and same with Sunset Overdrive. So the next 4 I am getting only Destiny is dearer from here.