Day 3 on Tomodachi Island: Love is in the air

Day Three on Magnapop Island and love is in the air. Having got into a decent routine with making sure the inhabitants of the Mii Apartments are fed and not wanting for anything gives them time to think on others, be it building a friendship or even romance.

For a while a few residents were asking after one another and asking for advice on how to be better friends but then one of the female residents starting asking of the availability of a certain neighbour and if they could possibly be their someone special. Whilst wonderful for the Island, it is not as good in real life as Magnapop has gained the attention of Liza Tarbuck, an awkward situation made a little easier as the Mrs Mii; Sherlock is being fawned over by Bob Fleming.

Initially blocking this potential digital swinging situation, who was I to get in the way of love, giving decent advice to both couples who now frequent each other’s flats and enjoy the many picturesque locations on the island; suffice to say that Magnapop’s lookalike will be sleeping on the couch tonight.

After a short while Liza began asking about the possibilities of marriage, with me telling her to go for it she took Magnapop to the viewing tower and after a totally botched attempt of a mini-game by myself, left empty handed but determined to try again another day.

Even with the Island quite well populated and the majority of the building unlocked there is still plenty to do and unlock with Mii’s constantly giving you gifts, some of which act as interactive mini games like a swing where you can push your Mii or an AR camera that makes use of the oft forgotten AR card that came with the 3DS.

With this and all of the events that take place through the day, every time I return to Magnapop Island there is something new to try.

Words by Ash Buchanan.

Edited On 09 Jul, 2014

Comments
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Today was an interesting day on Preston Island for me. After Brock (pokemon) and Princess Peach got married (and moved into a swanky new house) Hayley told me she had feelings for Nigel. Unfortunately Nigel is already in a relationship and being part sadist I told her to go for it. She failed and I then had to spend a lot of time and effort making Hayley happy again. Lesson learnt. And at the same time, Kaysar and Nigel's SO had a massive fight. I tried to get them to patch it up, unsuccessfully, and I had another sad Mii on my hands -_- But this game is still making me laugh on a daily basis.
Always an eventful day on my island, the interactions between all the Miis are what makes this game so much fun, watching them romance each other, throw stuff at one another and trade insults when they fall out, and have get togethers with their friends.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
so how many people have you got on your islands I have 15 at the moment. Is there a way to instigate love between 2 islanders or you just got to hope that one day the islander says I like so and so.
I've got 40 adults on my island, and a few kids still with their parents. Getting specific couples together isn't easy, you can influence their interactions a bit, but it can take a while sometimes, I've only just managed to get one couple together that I've been trying to for weeks, and there's still the danger that they can split up, even after they're married.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
What is the maximum amount of islanders? So far only got 6 or 7.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
I presume you can only fill up the apartment block was its full cant get any more until people marry and have kids?
Not sure what the maximum is, when I got close to filling the apartment block they just built it bigger, close to filling it for the second time now, but they'll probably just add a few more floors again.
I've just seen someone on Miiverse with a group photo off a hundred Miis though, so it's at least a hundred.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Yeah my Apartment grew last night. 100 seems a little excessive think I will keep it to a certain number did add barrack Obama and Nic Cage last night.
Once they start breeding though the population just grows on it's own, just had two new islanders this morning as a couple of kids moved out of home.