Destiny Beta access will provide you with three codes

We were surprised to get an email from Bungie last night telling us that everyone with access to the Destiny Beta will get three download codes.

The email was sent to ask us to choose our platform, however, in Europe at least, this will not be possible until just before the beta launches next week on PS4/PS3. Everyone else will be emailed codes closer to release once they have chosen their platform of choice.

Destiny beta codes are available by pre-ordering.

What platform will you be choosing to play on?

Edited On 11 Jul, 2014

Comments
tommydolittle's avatar
tommydolittle 2 years ago
I would love a download key if anyone is kind enough to email me one?
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Here is a FREE Destiny Beta code: 7GJ-NRL-AVD redeem it here at http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption
leighboy's avatar
leighboy 2 years ago
this is a complete mess up email said choose platform and region and when i do it ps4 eu says cant do it at this time come back on 17th july
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I will be buying Xbox ONE version, but will probably beta it on PS4, unless there is some reward for participating in the beta or stuff can carry over from beta to live. It seems that you can only get 3 codes to one platform as opposed to 3 codes to choose various platforms - this would be nifty as can see which version you would like. Also it would be good if you could switch platforms of your preorder, if you can not cancel the order after accepting the beta code.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
There are rewards to carry over from the Beta. Also, why beta test one version if you intend to get a different version come release?
Twizty360's avatar
Twizty360 2 years ago
Actually!, there's no rewards unless you play/participate in the Beta on the 26th July!, & the reward is a Exclusive Emblem!, I will be playing on PS3 & Xbox One, for obvious reasons!
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
I'll be playing the beta one the xbox one with a group so far ended up with 7 beta codes, thanks Amazon, to give to friends but 2 of them got codes from game so that why I posted the code above and a code on shopto's daily chat article.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
If the Xbox ONE Beta was launching on July 17th then I would play the beta on Xbox ONE, and would be a no brainer, but can not play the beta on Xbox ONE between July 17th and July 22nd..
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
To be fair to Tony I will be getting the xbox one version but will be playing the PS4 version first as well though I will also be getting the xbox one beta to play with my friends.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Even if i had a PS4 i would still rather play the beta on xbox One with friends and to be fair ya only need to play the beta for a few hours to get a feel for the game see if its worthwhile so a few extra days on PS4 doesnt bother me.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
The other reason is that I have a completely free weekend to play the beta between 18th and 20th, whereas the following week I have other things to do, so may not get around to play it at all if I just stick to the Xbox ONE version.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
is there any resolution and frame rate differences between the PS4 and Xbox One versions?
iixi's avatar
iixi 2 years ago
I still haven't even had a email to pick a version yet =[
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
have you redeemed a destiny beta code? if so just go to this link http://www.bungie.net/en/User/redeemedcodes and log into your bungie account and then just pick your platform of choice.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 2 years ago
Gloria and anyone else for that matter. Please stop with the comments insulting other people. We have had plenty of complaints and will have no option but to start banning people. Please stop it, there is no need for it, it's childish and I'm sure everyone here is above being like that. Let's make our community a nice place to be. Thanks.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Danny they are they are the same on each though the PS4 will still probably have the edge I reckon.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
i agree with Joe, ShopTo is the only gaming news site i bother with simply because on other gaming websites all the fanboys are so hateful and just constantly bash each over over platform choice but on ShopTo its civil, people can talk about any platform within the same article without getting a ton of dislikes and hate, also cheers zombie i was expecting PS4 to be 1080p and Xbox One to be 900p or something i know its bad buying a game for a console and already expecting it not to be 1080p.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
It was apparently to start with but with the update a few months ago that freed up more space they were able to get it to 1080p. I reckon they will get better with time when people get used to making the games for them.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Really excited for the beta. I've got the 17th off work which is a bonus. I'm planning on pre paying for the limited edition next week so I can forget about it till release day.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I have my practical exam for Uni on the day it comes out so after that I will be on a fair bit. I have decided to go for the ghost version which is how I can get into the PS4 and xbox one beta as I have the code for here. Will probably sell the one from here to my friend save him from going to the shops to buy it.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Do you not fell slightly ripped off by the Ghost edition? Because you're essentially paying an extra £60 for a Peter Dinklage speaking Ghost.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Question, ya know Sony and Bungie have a 12 month timed exclusive content for Destiny, is that content the expansion packs and does this mean i will have to wait an entire year to play the expansion packs on Xbox One? as this is whats completely put me of getting the limited edition.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
A little bit Spear but I do like it. Danny the expansion packs are not exclusive for a year but there will be a couple of things in them that are which is stupid but it will probably be just a couple of small things. I understand why they do exclusive DLC but it is stupid and a year is stupidly long, a month or a few weeks fair enough.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
oh ok cheers for clearing that up, £88 on shopto and £95 on amazon, shopto it is then.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
A Peter Dinklage speaking Ghost is worth all the money in the world though! I've just got the Limited Edition. Was going to get it on PS4 Digital but wanted the Steelbook really. Can't get my Beta code at the moment though, won't let me. They said they'll have it sorted before it opens though.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
DynamiteWhyte, try one of theses codes i posted earlier maybe onces not been redeemed? code 1: 7GJ-NRL-AVD - code 2: YXD-LTL-DAX - and heres where you redeem it http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
Cheers Danny but the code is fine that I have mate. Just when I go to choose EU PS4 it tells me that they won't give out codes yet. Bungie have already confirmed to be looking in to it.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Yeah it should be sorted for next week.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 2 years ago
Ill have 2 xbox one codes to giveaway soon then if anybody wants them :)
LAURA 2 years ago
I have pre ordered but not got a nine digit code shopto has just given me a word I have registered on bungie site but says my token is invalid how do you get the 9 digit code???
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Laura if you go into your preorders and find Destiny there should be an activate code button, if you click that it should give you the code.