Project Cars not arriving on Wii U until 2015

Slightly Mad Studios' racing game Project Cars launches November 2014 on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, although the Wii U version has been delayed until 2015.

Namco confirmed the news today, although have yet to provide an explanation as to why.

Project Cars is compatible with Oculus Rift virtual reality headset and also has a 4K resolution. There is also talk of Project Morpheus support.

This is certainly a game we are keeping an eye on. How about you?

Edited On 11 Jul, 2014

Comments
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
I cancelled my order for The Crew, as imo this is THE motor sport game to have
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
" I cancelled my order for The Crew, as imo this is THE motor sport game to have" - Apparently not if you're a Wii U owner it isn't.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Oooh, low blow ... lol
MrPenguinKnight's avatar
MrPenguinKnight 2 years ago
Big disapppointment this. I haven't played a racing sim in ages and this was coming at the perfect time for me, and looks pretty incredible. More time for Smash though I suppose.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Personally more looking forward to the crew can't really get into sim racing games much.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Forza Horizon 2?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I have it preordered but not sure yet though I did enjoy the first one.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
yeah 1st one was brilliant so much more fun then the other forzas.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 2 years ago
Gloria, you have been warned. Please behave, this is your last warning, otherwise a ban will result.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Better late than never. It will only boost the Wii Us catalogue. The Wii U needs a serious racer. I was thinking the same with the N64 then it had World Driver Championship, plus the N64 had a few other unique racers like Top Gear Rally 1, 2 and Overdrive plus Beetle Adventure Racing, plus first to get Star Wars Episode 1 Pod Racer with Dreamcast getting it afterwards, and I enjoyed all those. I like all kinds of driving games, but I think the name is a bit too generic and not much thought put into it, but it is the game that counts, and will wait for reviews on this one. Considering Xbox has Forza and Playstation has Gran Turismo and both have many other racers, I may wait and get this one on Wii U.
Geez, was just a bit of banter, not like I was making fun of of someones cancer scare or anything.
Lewis 2 years ago
Looks like Wii U owners are getting the short end of the stick again. Seems like I'll have to look elsewhere to play it.
Not necessarily, word is the reason for the delay is because of exclusive content and features you won't be able to get on the PS4 and Xbone versions.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
"word is the reason for the delay is because of exclusive content and features you won't be able to get on the PS4 and Xbone versions. " - Word from where exactly? I haven't seen any indications this is the case at all. The delay appears to be pretty much for the same reasons that Watchdogs on Wii U was delayed.
beeje13's avatar
beeje13 2 years ago
I'm surprised it's releasing on the Wii U in the first place, I'm not hating on the console, but is there really a market there for a sim racer? I suppose you could argue that there are still more Wii U's than X1's, but then why cancel the PS3/360 versions?
There's a world outside NeoGAF you know kevin.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
ohhhhhh gloria has been naughty.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
"There's a world outside NeoGAF you know kevin." - Yes, like the officially maintained fansite for Project Cars, where people actually in a position to know such things have explained the reasons for the delay are down to the relative ease of simultaneous development between PC code and both XB1/PS4 code vs Wii U code, which obviously couldn't be based on PC code like the others due to it's architecture. Sounds reasonable enough on their part to me if that's the case.