The Last of Us to include Photo Mode; New DLC Planned

News has come that The Last of Us Remastered lets players lock the game's visuals to 30 frames per second, while it's also been revealed that new DLC is planned for release this year and that it will be included in the price of the game.

Eurogamer Spain recently attended an event where Naughty Dog spilled the news, as well as revealing that the game also has a new Photo Mode, similar to the one in PS4 game inFamous: Second Son.

Finally, as part of the same presentation, Naughty Dog's Arne Meyer revealed that the PS3 version of The Last of Us was the fastest-selling exclusive Sony IP with seven million sales.

Sounds like the latest version will also be pretty popular too.

Edited On 16 Jul, 2014

Comments
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
A lot of hype for an old game. While it is annoying already got the PS3 version, and not skipped it and jumped straight into the PS4, I will not be buying this game again so soon. If it released in a few years time, I may have bought it, and probably will when it is under a tenner. The new generation of consoles seems to be bringing more old games back "remastered" than the 360/PS3 era. The 360 had tonnes more NEW games to choose from after 1 year of release, unlike the PS4/Xbox ONE.
ade0410's avatar
ade0410 2 years ago
This is very good news indeed except after the bragging of 1080p/60fps why would they provide the option to lock at 30fps? Just my thoughts.
broth's avatar
broth 2 years ago
What happened to the 60 frames? Is it that you can play it at a wonkey 60 if you want and/or lock it to a constant 30.
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 2 years ago
I think we all need more 'updates' and news rammed down are throats all this 5hit3 surrounding this game is driving me loopy, I tell you what we need info on this about as much as we need destiny shoved down are throats. Doesent this just reliterate that there is very very little to get excited about for a while from those con artists at sony who have fooled everyone....no thats unfair theres about 7 gazillion retro titles I played on my Atari ST and Amiga on there way isnt there..........Yawn yawn yawn.
Wooder's avatar
Wooder 2 years ago
@superniceguy this version was made so ppl with the ps4 could see how spectacular the game was, TLOU was the best game to hit the PS3 and ppl with the newer console only can see how and why it got all those GOTY votes
selfdestruct's avatar
selfdestruct 2 years ago
Not buying this, still own the original and completed it in full, know how it turns out, don't get me wrong I loved it first time around but not paying for it again while it will prob be out on ps+ in another year, unless shopto will trade in my original ps3 ver for ps4 for £10?
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
"this version was made so ppl with the ps4 could see how spectacular the game was," - Also for all of the Xbox 360 owners who got a PS4 instead of an Xbox One(Which accounts for a large number of PS4 owners it appears) who'd have missed out on the PS3 version. Oh, and inspector74, the blowhard hipster routine was boring a decade ago and it hasn't come back into fashion since, so how about you just don't click on articles that have their content so clearly labelled if they offend you so much?
The master of boring old routines has spoken.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
She sure has.
You mean he, unless you've had gender reassignment surgery on the quiet.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
No, Gloria, I was referring to you having the most boring 'routine' on this site. You've been warned about harassing other members, so I'd imagine you'd want to treading more carefully now.
You need to read up on your gender specific pronouns then, as master clearly refers to a male.
Sovereign212-V.I.P's avatar
Sovereign212-V.I.P 2 years ago
so sick of these games being remade... don't they rob us enough without having to pay for the same game again? sad thing is.. if people keep buying remade games they will continue to make them and spoil it for the gamers who want new games for the now current gen.