Uncharted movie will start filming next year

Uncharted director Seth Gordon has said the film will begin shooting during early 2015.

Apparently the script is in a really good place, although currently there is no actor cast for Nathan Drake.

“I want it to be a great actor,” Gordon said. “That’s number one, and then if it’s someone who has an actual jaw, that’s even better. The game is so well done that you need it to live up to that. There’s no way we’d do the inverse of that where it’s somebody famous who can’t [act].”

Apparently the script will “honour the mythology of the game [through the] most interesting stuff from the first one and build from there,” although there will also be some new content that's not from the game.

“I love the complexity and frankly the sophistication of the storytelling in the game, and we aspire to that — but don’t want to tell the exact same story, of course — so something that doesn’t break the rules of what it did but expands.

“Because I feel like the people who play the games and know them well don’t want to just see the same story told. You want extra shades.”

There is currently no planned release date for the movie, although at this rate it's looking like 2016/2017 before it'll hit cinemas.

Edited On 17 Jul, 2014

Comments
Lred's avatar
Lred 2 years ago
Has to be Nathan Fillion doesn't it?
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Despite how much I like Nathan Fillion I would have to disagree, personally I always though Joe Flanigan from Stargate Atlantis fitted better for Nathan Drake.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
I was going to say Nathan than declined as beyond physical appearance, I don't know anything of the character (never played the games)
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Also for Sully it would be Bruce Campbell and Elena would be Emily Rose who actually does the voice for her.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
It's gonna be Mark Wahlberg playing Drake. I can feel it... and it's going to be beyond awful. Sad part is the voice actors from the games could easily pull off the roles as well, but they don't have any name power behind them, so Mark E Mark it is.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
The only voice actors from Uncharted I have seen act in something are Emily Rose and Claudia Black. Was Mark Wahlberg not down for it before the first guy was doing it who hadnt even played the game. Sounds like this guy has at least played it though.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Just get Nolan North to play Drake. He IS Nathan Drake after all
Lred's avatar
Lred 2 years ago
Would defo lose something not having Nolan North voicing Drake. Same with the rasping Sully voice of Richard McGonagle being missing.
Jokerduo3's avatar
Jokerduo3 2 years ago
Mark Wahlberg was attached with David O'Russell writing, but the movie got scrapped because it was about Drakes family. Nathan Fillion is a bit old for Drake, I wouldn't mind seeing James Lafferty play Drake.
selfdestruct's avatar
selfdestruct 2 years ago
Nathan Fillion would have been my first choice years ago, wahlberg is a bit too hyper to play the part bit too full on at times, Jeremy Renner could maybe pull off a good Drake, well maybe? How cool would it be if they got Harrison Ford as Sully!