Friday Chat: July 18

So, What are you plans for the weekend? What games will you be playing, what movies will you be seeing? Is it party time or sleep time?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 18 Jul, 2014

Comments
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
got an hour on Destiny last night once the mother in law went to bed, looked a lot better than the alpha, gonna get stuck in today, back to the hospital soon as its been 7 weeks since my hernia op and it seems to have popped out on the side now
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Tomorrow I'm off for a suit fitting for my brother's wedding. Sunday no plans as of yet. So any time I have free at home will be Destiny gaming. I'd love to get a fire-team going at some point with people so will keep an eye on the Destiny forum, and probably set up a post when I know what times I will be free. Otherwise, gaming out and about will be Tomodachi Life or Project X Zone
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Managed to get a few hours on Destiny last night until the thunderstorm finally gave my house a power cut. After that I decided not to continue playing just in case it happened again. Working all weekend but hoping to get this afternoon off to squeeze in as much Destiny as possible.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I have the urge to go back and revisit some old ps3 games so i might do that this weekend. Whilst grinding out some MMO skills
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Will be playing some Mario Kart in the tournament and some tomodachi life.
Playing a bit of Mario Kark & a lot of Freedom Planet (When it releases today)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Evil Within has been brought forward a week
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
cool, looking forward to EW
Tomodachi Life and Mario Kart for me, maybe a spot of Wolfenstein too.
Doom has been revealed and it sounds awesomely old school http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-18-doom-4-is-an-oldschool-reboot-just-called-doom?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialoomph
Mlle Nightingale's avatar
Mlle Nightingale 2 years ago
I've taken up jewellery crafting as a hobby. Need to put in some more practice with my noob tools before I purchase the stuffs for pros on PAYDAY(!!!) next week. I'll be home alone in the evenings too, so I might play some of The Last of Us multiplayer with my imaginary interwebs friends while I have the chance.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
After Wolfenstein Gloria I am really looking forward to Doom.
Me too.
Rumoured release date for Smash Bros Wii U is November 21st http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/wii-u/super-smash-bros-wii-u-may-have-a-november-release-date-amiibo/
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
That will be the same day as Ruby/ Sapphire on the 3DS but apart from that there is nothing else really out apart from Far Cry 4 at the end of November so I could live with that.
Sooner the better really, I'll make do with the 3DS version, but the Wii U version is going to be awesome.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Personally I am going to miss the 3DS version, if it had online I would have went for it. I hope they do the bundle with the gamecube controller and adaptor over here as well.
3DS version has online http://www.gamespot.com/articles/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds-online-modes-detailed/1100-6418857/ Not sure I'm going to bother with the new Gamecube controllers, already have a couple of old ones.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Yeah I have two as well but does the adaptor not come with one? Didnt realise it had online for some reason I thought it was just local multiplayer. I may be tempted now.
I've no idea if a controller comes with the adaptor, will just have to wait and see, I'll grab it if it's a reasonable price, if not I'll just be content playing on the gamepad.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
http://www.shopto.net/video-games/wiiu/WIIAC80-officially-licensed-wired-gamecube-controller-Mario These seem to be controller pros from what I can see, but in gamecube controller shape, whereas http://www.shopto.net/video-games/wiiu/WIIUSU03-super-smash-bros-gamecube-controller the one bundled with the game is a Gamecube controller and needs the adapter. Shopto needs to bundle the adapter with it too as there will probably be confused customers not being able to use the controller on the Wii U
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 2 years ago
I been playing some watch dogs, Glad that I didn't buy it but its still good fun.
LFC Bywater's avatar
LFC Bywater 2 years ago
Does anybody know if i can still connect to WiFi on a standard ds or have they shut the internet off on it like the wii?