Unfinished Swan heading to PS4 *update* Journey coming too

Update: PlayStation 3 favourites Journey and The Unfinished Swan have now been shown on a now-removed list of titles due to be shown at Gamescom.

The list appeared on Sony's official Gamescom.4theplayers.de site, before being removed. Interestingly, the as yet unreleased PS3 title, Until Dawn, was also listed for release on PS4.

We imagine more news on this will be revealed at Gamescom.

Original: The Unfinished Swan has been listed by the Korean Rating Board for PS4 and Vita.

Although not confirmed, the Korean Ratings Board is generally a good indicator of the games on the way.

In Unfinished Swan players use paint to expose the shape of the environment, allowing you to see the path ahead and progress throughout the game. You may remember our rather unusual review for this rather unusual game.

Would you be excited for this game on PS4?

Edited On 28 Jul, 2014

Comments
Ashley 2 years ago
Why?
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
Why not? It wouldn't cost a lot to port over from PS3 and it'd make for a good PS+ title at launch seeing as a lot of the people who'd be playing it on PS4 are unlikely to have played the PS3 version originally. I'm just surprised there's also looking to be a Vita version.
Marketing. It won't cost a lot for them to port it over & if they release it as a PS+ then the people who enjoy it are more likely to pick up the devs next project
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
ive never heard of it, but after reading the review above I might just pick up when released on ps4
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 2 years ago
Bought it as soon as it was released on PS3, but haven't played it yet. Same with Datura. And Sorcery...
Ashley 2 years ago
@PrometheusFan - Fair point. Didnt see it that way.
inspector 74's avatar
inspector 74 2 years ago
Yeeeeessssssss!!!! Another game nobody needs or wants from sony thats a re master re hash re whatever Remember we all want games that are years old Sony we bought your useless console to play existing and16 bit retro 5h!t3 indie games sony we dont want new stuff ?? And we need to remember that Sony is for the gamers!!!
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
^ Wow, now there's an (Unsurprisingly) embarassing post.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
If it does happen to be a PS+ game I will give it a try otherwise I may just wait for a sale.
Guess what? Games take time to make or did you forget that? "16 bit retro 5h!t3 indie games" What? Some of the best games in the last few years are "16 bit retro 5h!t3 indie games" + Screw the people who missed the game the first time around. Don't like it don't buy it, end of
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I dont understand why people dont give indie games a try, just becuase they dont have super shiny graphics doesnt mean they are bad games.
Most big AAA games can't even live up to the term AAA nowadays. Meanwhile a lot of "16 bit retro 5h!t3 indie games" are knocking it out of the park. FTL, Mark of the Ninja, Hotline Miami, & 99 Spirits to name a few
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Indie games can be good, but I think the point is people buy next gen consoles for next gen games, not last gen games. Devs seem to be doing indie games or rereleasing old games remastered more to get a quick buck than focus on new games. The 360 had way more games for it within its first 2 years than the PS4 and Xbox ONE combined (assuming that everything seen so far will be released 2014/2015 and new stuff won't be seen until 2016). There is a tonne of games to be had on PS3 and 360 and all becoming available at bargain prices. If people missed the game first time round then can get a PS3 and get PS3 version, rather than buying a PS4 for it. I am not buying another new PS or Xbox again in 10 years or whenever unless they are backwards compatible, because the Xbox 360 is still satisfying me more than the Xbox ONE and PS4 combined - I just got Ninenty Night Nights preowned which I skipped to begin with, plus there is loads of PS3 games too to back track on. All these re-issues and indie games are making the PS4/Xbox ONE a waste of money, as 360/PS3 can still easily handle these. Interesting article: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/playstation-boss-doesn-t-understand-why-some-people-only-want-to-play-aaa-games/1100-6420882/.
I agree with the point you are trying to make Tony but for the love of god try not to give us a script each time you join in a conversation
Also tagging on to that "people buy next gen consoles for next gen games" comment. You have all had plenty of "AAA" games to play since release
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
There is not that many AAA released, I have practically bought every new release there is on day one, whereas with 360 I had to miss some, eg Ninety Nine Nights.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Yea I hate it when people say that, it's like saying people only buy a blu ray player to watch hollywood blockbusters! Yea why would I watch a cheaply made cult classic like Pulp Fiction when I could be watching Transformers!!?
Well one of my most anticipated games of this year releases in 7 hours, & surprise surprise, it's a "16 bit retro 5h!t3 indie game" http://store.steampowered.com/app/248310/
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
I think there's also a lot to be said for the fact that as games are becoming increasingly graphically detailed that they're for that exact reason also taking longer to make. If you look at some of the vast sprawling landscapes in Destiny and compare them to the background in say... pretty much any 2D platformer, it's obvious one must take a hell of a lot longer than the other to design/draw/create etc.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
I wouldn't pay any attention to Inspector 74 if I were you Nox, he spouts the same vapid nonsense over and over
There is always one
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
The thing is if they can make some massively great games if they dont focus on super realistic graphics, can you imagine how great a Final Fantasy would be if they done it with the same graphics as 6 they could go back to everything that made them great and could still have the occasional big fancy cut scene if they wanted.
Darren 2 years ago
Amazing game, finished it and would happily play it again, as long as they put some new content in. One of the best games ever!
Wooder's avatar
Wooder 2 years ago
I Understand Journey being re-released because it was one of the better PS3 indie titles but I thought TUS was pretty dull and what the hell happened to Pool Nation FX
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 2 years ago
“ Another last gen port? I read somewhere that was Sony's PS4 strategy for the immediate future. ” You may be right, but good thing Sony has third parties too...
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
Journey will likely be free for purchasers of the PS3 version on PS4 (Seems it's coming to Vita as well maybe, so there too) if the handling of the other games by Thatgamecompany is any measure.