Tuesday Chat: July 29

It's Tuesday, it's July and it's so so quiet in terms of new releases, news and just about anything else gaming related.

However there is one game coming out this week in the shape of The Last of Us: Remastered, so are you picking this up or are there any other games you would recommend for those looking to pass some gaming time?

Edited On 29 Jul, 2014

Comments
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
I'd like to pick it up, but funds and time both say no. So I'll wait until maybe Christmas and see if I can get Santa to bring a copy for me. I already have the PS3 version to play if I really want to (although it's currently living at a friend's). As for recommendations, not really anything on my radar at the moment or that I'm spending time on. Crusader Kings 2 on the PC is my fall back game at the moment so if you like strategic ruler games, and not having to play the actual fights when armies meet, it's a cracking game to play. Forging alliances by marrying your princess off, or launching a plot to see your own king die so you can succeed to the throne. A very intricate game where you can rise, and fall, in the blink of an eye.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
I have it ordered as never completed it on the PS3 kept dying so gave up so will try on easy this time just for the story.
I might buy it one day, if the PS4 ever gets enough games that interest me to buy one, doesn't look like it at the moment though. If I ever get desperate to play the game I'll just pick up a second hand PS3 for £50 to play it on.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Won't get it played it through once. my opinion is it's massively overrated.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I agree Joe, I would have maybe been interested if there was an upgrade option as I still have not played the DLC but personally not that fussed about playing through it again anytime soon. More looking forward to trying Sacred 3 this week.
Paper Mario stage announced for Smash Bros 3DS http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/07/multi_generational_paper_mario_stage_confirmed_for_super_smash_bros_for_nintendo_3ds
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 2 years ago
still a bit eeeeh on TLOU, i didnt think it was as good as so many were making it out to be.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
It really isn't. The story is good however there are games with better stories in my opinion. I just feel the gameplay let it down a little bit with the immersion breaking AI. I would still recommend it to people though as it is a good game.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Aww come one Zombie, you can't say it really isn't, that's just your opinion. Some people like yourself, Toots and IGS wont have liked it as much as others like myself who would actually say it really is that good and then some... So who's right?
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
No-one's right. Good is a subjective classification. That doesn't mean he's wrong, nor that he's right. To him the game isn't as good as others make out, yet to the others it clearly is. I personally loved the game, but that doesn't mean anything except to me. Philosophy101
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Totally agree Kaysar. When I said So who's right? it was meant as a rhetorical question. I'm sure pretty much everyone here knows what that means but for those who don't: "A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question that is asked in order to make a point. The question, a rhetorical device, is posed not to elicit a specific answer, but rather to encourage the listener to consider a message or viewpoint."
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
To be fair I did say in my opinion. I did enjoy it though and did say that I would recommend it. To make it sound fairer people go on about it as though it is a solid 10 where personally I would give it a 7 or 8 ( on my scale where 5 is average not what some people think that anything below an 8 is terrible).
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
When does a rhetorical question become a statement? ;-)
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Probably about five past seven at night :)
It doesn't, it was one already just some people were too stupid to realize.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Sorry if I misunderstood Zombie, seemed like you said there are games with *better stories* in your opinion but prior to that IGS said he didn't think it was that good to which you replied 'it really isn't'. Then again arguments often start online as its hard to tell how people mean something from plain text
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
That is true, I was just meaning though compared to the hype that it always gets but then that is always the problem with hype, I found the same with Uncharted 3 though I didn't know anything about the second one and that was amazing.
Shadow Warrior will be released on PS4/Xbone is September by Bamco & Legend of Heroes: TitS (I know) is released on Steam in 3 and a half hours
Link costume in Monster Hunter 4 http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-29-monster-hunter-4-will-let-you-dress-up-as-link
New Unreal footage http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-29-new-unreal-tournament-gameplay-footage