Monday Chat - August 4th

Morning all!

Joe's away on Holiday this week, so it's Colin again. Quick! Loot the place!

So, how is everyone? Whatcha been playing recently?

I, randomly, decided to buy The Last of Us Remastered and boy, am I glad I did. It feels like a brand new game running at 60 fps (or close to it). Taken over 120 photos with Naughty Dog's new photo mode feature so far - pretty sure I have a problem.

If anyone has any questions during the week, give me a shout here or on twitter via @ColinCGallacher and I'll try my best to sort stuff out.

Edited On 04 Aug, 2014

Comments
ade0410's avatar
ade0410 2 years ago
Finally got 100% achievements (Xbox One) on Lego Super Marvel Heroes which I thoroughly enjoyed and had a blast with. Then it's been TLOU Remastered which is superb - love the MP as well just as I did on the PS3. As much as ppl bitch about 'old' games being released on next gen you cannot deny this is a masterpiece and deserves to be played on PS4. Will do 'Left Behind' when I've finished the main story - never played it before but heard it's excellent. Happy days!
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
As usual I've been working again this weekend. And still suffering with DWS (Destiny Withdrawl Syndrome)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I've been ill all weekend so just been watching films.. but i'm sick of seeing all the hype around TLOU.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Hello Colin. If you need a place to lay low after the looting let us know. I'm off to Berwick-Upon-Tweed tomorrow and until Friday. Off looking at sedimentary rocks from the Carboniferous (geology rocks...) so it should be a week of no gaming for me. I am, however, going to take my 3DS in the hope I spot pass Tomodachi Life players and finally get a pass for Scotland to complete my UK map. Oh, and Dave. To combat my DWS I went searching for some Destiny wallpapers and read up on raids :)
J-D's avatar
J-D 2 years ago
colin, some of us are waiting to collect our prizes for the mario kart contest, can we get an update on whats happening with that.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Oh yeah, who won that in the end? I never managed to get around to finishing (only completed about 14 races) so I think it's safe to assume it wasn't me...
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Played a bit of Last of Us seem to be having a better time playing on easy I know I am lame. Played a bit of Titanfall on the new maps on Saturday. The rest was spent keeping an eye on my islanders on tomodachi life.
Colin (News Writer)'s avatar
Colin (News Writer) 2 years ago
J-D - Yup, a post will be going up today. I've been sent the information to pass on to the prizes folk, so look out for that! Kaysar - Ahh Berwick-Upon-Tweed! Passed through it many a time on the train to London. Throw your 3DS around the coast a bit more (and over some water) and you'll find my Scottish pass! Oh boy Destiny withdrawal. Everyone got it preordered? I keep seeing the logo on my PS4. Taunting me. "Play with me, you know you want to. Oh, that's right, you can't..."
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Plenty of digging around for info on Destiny. Level cap is 20, light required to advance further (XP). All clued up on Raids too. Can be completed from level 25 (bloody hard though) and with experience/practice the Vault of Glass can be completed significantly under 3 hours
The usual Tomodachi Life and Mario Kart over the weekend for me, broke up with short plays on various eshop games, Stick it to the Man, Pacman Collection, Gravity Badgers, Dr Luigi and Bombing Bastards.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
yay im back home now, got a pretty large Destiny tat on my calf, so my withdrawal has subsided for now
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
last one now I promise
No such thing as a last tattoo, just the last one for now.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 years ago
Mixed bag for me dusted off my xbox one and had a few hours on dead rising 3 also been on TLOU now going back to borderlands 2 for a while wanted to play it again
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Yeah right. Weren't you going to have Billy Mitchell (in exotic gear) done as well Jay?
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
oh yeah lol, that would have to be massive to fill the detail lol, I still need to go back once this has healed, as he didn't want to go too dark on the planets shading so weve left it light so we can add some shadowing to finish it off
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 2 years ago
Mostly been playing 'Watch Dawgs' Xbox One, which I bought off of ShopTo, & ACIV Black Flag, which I got from another great online retailer. Can't believe the graphics of 'Watch Dawgs', Xbox One, as they sure are Next Gen! For those who are undecided in getting a Wii U, I own ACIV Black Flag for both the Xbox One & the Wii U, & the Wii U graphics aren't to be outdone by the newer consoles. In fact, the cutscenes & the scale of the towns are pretty darned good on the Wii U, just the vegetation is more gorgeous on the newer consoles & the character shadows are more impressive :)! Also been getting in some good practice on SuperSFIV AE in anticipation of UltraSFIV. I'm expecting UltraSFIV from Zavvi & I purchased it as I really like the characters of 'Elena' & 'Poison' :) :)! Hope to encounter folks off of ShopTo on Xbox Live in UltraSFIV :)!
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I completed Sacred 3 which was really short and in all not a bad game if it had been a standalone. Apart from that some Abes Odyssey and Pokemon just finished the first section of the pokedex and working on the coastal now. Still looking for anyone with a Jirachi willing to trade so I can fill the pokedex. (will trade back just so I can register it.)
Eldave0's avatar
Eldave0 2 years ago
Popped over to a friend's house this weekend for a BBQ, he was playing TLoU when I got there. Saw roughly 5 minutes of it (TLoU, not the BBQ) before deciding I needed that game in my life. Ordered on my lunch break today and, in typical ShopTo fashion, its already processed and completed. Fingers crossed I'm playing it by Wednesday (maybe even tomorrow!) :D
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 2 years ago
That reminds me, really looking forward to getting a PS4 White edition, preferably without Destiny or TLoU as they aren't Japanese franchises, strictly speaking, that is :)! Also, already got Hyrule Warriors pre-ordered, really looking forward to that + an announcement for 'Senran Kagura 2:Deep Crimson' for the 3DS XL :)! ”
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Screw the white one this is the one they need to release http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/04/limited-edition-ps4-sold-to-raise-money-for-lgbt-charity
Saw that the other day, almost makes you forget about the limited amount of games.