No Man's Sky coming to PC, but only after PS4 release

Speaking in the latest issue of EDGE Magazine, Hello Games have stated that their ambitious new game, No Man's Sky will hit PC screens, but only after the Playstation 4 release due to a timed exclusivity deal in place.

Sean Murray, Hello Games managing director explained to EDGE that working on the Sony console shaped how the team approached design, control, and performance.

"I actually got in a bit of trouble for saying that we wanted the game to feel really 'console-y,'"
"We've always had PC in mind but in my head (console-y) means solid frame rate and immediate controls. I think a PC game can be 'console-y' and it's intended as a compliment, but I get in trouble for saying it."

No Man's Sky will hit the Playstation 4 some time in 2015.

Edited On 04 Aug, 2014

Comments
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I would still prefer to have this on the xbox one but i will still get it on the PS4 on launch.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
Yeah, the bitterness over this from Xbox owners has been a real low point for gamers everywhere the past few days, but whatever. Guessing the deal they signed with should help with the costs of repairing their office from early this year after it got flooded, so it's understandable at least.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Really? I cant say I have seen much bitterness.. well not more than any when it comes to an exclusive they are all as bad as each other. I have seen it quite a bit for Sunset Overdrive as well with people slating them for making an xbox one game. I do expect it to come out on the xbox one but it wont be for a good while after the PS4 probably a year or so.
You're forgetting kevin lives in some weird fantasy world where things happen that nobody else are aware of. I've not seen anything about it from any of the non exclusive gaming sites I subscribe to since E3.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Same here actually, the only news I have seen is this.
If you can even call it news, there's been a distinct lack of news on this, which considering it's the best thing the PS4 has in it's arsenal doesn't bode well for the future, not that the Xbone looks any more promising, at least the Wii U got some must have games within a year of launch.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
" Really? I cant say I have seen much bitterness." - Should read the Neogaf thread on it. A lot of people ended up having to be banned in fairly short order on there because they wouldn't stop crying about there being no Xbox One version.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
"at least the Wii U got some must have games within a year of launch." - Really? Guess I and the rest of the world must have missed those. I don't see a single thing currently available on that platform that comes even close to being worth calling "must have". The only game I'd likely buy one to play isn't even out until the end of 2015 by all accounts.
Yeah, but you're a knob.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
" "The Wii U got some must have games within a year of launch" for a certain demographic by which you are clearly not a part of Kevin " - Clearly, I am seemingly part of the demographic that represents the majority share of the games buying consumer by all accounts.
Must be crowded in your fantasy world.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
^ Well I'm glad I don't listen to this so called majority ( Especially on sites like Neogaf ) otherwise I'd of missed out on a lot of fun games on various platforms. As for No Mans Sky coming for PC, I'm still reading it could come to Xbox One but even a fair time after the PC version lands so it looks like PC for me, the game does look very good indeed!
It does but I have a voice in the back of my head screaming "Be extremely wary, Hello Games games have only ever made Joe Danger games"
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
"Yeah we are all idiots for buying a Wii U, tt doesn't matter if we like it at all. It only matters what the majority think " - Get your persecution complex under control already, I said nothing of the kind.
Never said you did