Tuesday Chat - August 5th

Morning all!

It's Tuesday so that can only mean one thing! Shhhh! Colin is very tired. Finished a night shift at 7am, so we're hoping for a decent amount of news today compared to yesterday's dry spell.

So, what's everyone's thoughts on EA Access? Ya or nay? Hey or whey?

Edited On 05 Aug, 2014

Comments
ZdravkoN's avatar
ZdravkoN 2 years ago
It looks like a good deal, depending on what games are offered (if there will be new games). This will be more like pay as you play. You have access to a lot of games for $5 a month. The yearly subscription is also a good deal, because if you buy the games you will pay a lot more. The downside is that you don't really own the games. You are renting them :)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
I am kind of waiting for the kick maybe you have to subscribe to play any ea game online. The price seems reasonable but need to know when games will be added. I am guessing FIFA 15 will be added a month or so before FIFA 16 comes out.
J-D's avatar
J-D 2 years ago
colin i hate to sound like a broken record but can you please announce the winners of the mario kart contest and let the winners know how to claim their prize.
Quite a good deal for the people who only play 1 or 2 titles a year
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 2 years ago
If they add the battlefield games in a timely manner, ill be subbing for those alone.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Would also be good if you buy a lot of EA DLC and so on, especially if you are one of they people that play ultimate team and buy the packs to get 10% off each one, it would add up over time. I still think it is a bit rubbish that at the moment Sony are not entertaining the idea. Will be interesting to see how long the games stay on it, so if I download Battlefield 4 will I keep it for as long as I am subscribed and only lose access when I stop subscribing like PS + and games for gold or will they remove the games every so often so I lose access to it. If it is the first option then that is pretty good especially for only £20 a year.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
This just made my day :) http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-05-resident-evil-1-getting-remastered-re-release-on-pc-ps3-ps4-xbox-360-and-xbox-one
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
and its the gamecube version which is even better.
selfdestruct's avatar
selfdestruct 2 years ago
How long before es says you also need their subscription to play online just like psn or live? Just got my pc fixed so I need some horror games to play, I got dear Esther and amnesia, hopeful I'll get to the end of em got outlast and daylight on ps4 but what else should I try?
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 2 years ago
Dead space? also you wont need gold to use EA Access without online play. (gold still needed for online play)
selfdestruct's avatar
selfdestruct 2 years ago
Got all dead space on ps3, wouldn't surprise me with es though especially how pc gamers don't have a subscription to pay yet
Btw people who have ordered the Tales of Xillia 2 CE from Amazon should have/get a code for the pre-order DLC that Shopto has for the Day One edition
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Yeah saw that email earlier thought it was odd that there sending it 2 weeks before the game is out.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I thought the Last of us Remastered was meant to come with all the DLC for it. I just looked on the store and there is a stupid amount of DLC including weapons, skills and hats/ helmets.