Wednesday Chat: August 13

It's Wednesday and that usually means chatting amongst yourselves, however with it being gamescom we have plenty to talk about, such as both of yesterday's conferences.

So which conference appealed to you most. What did you like out of both of them and are you still reeling about the Tomb Raider news (we hear it could very well be a timed exclusive).

What do you think?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 13 Aug, 2014

Comments
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 2 years ago
Wow, the TR exclusive has stirred up a hornets nest on Twitter. Crystal Dynamics are getting a right kicking from PS and PC fans. Hope the money they got will cover the huge losses from not releasing this across all formats. Lots of smug XB fans out there. Still not enough on the system to make me buy one though.
Sony had a slightly better showing, still neither showed anything that's convinced me to go with one over the other. Don't see the big deal about Tomb Raider, didn't think the last game was anything special, or any of them really.
Steersy's avatar
Steersy 2 years ago
probably a big deal for those who did enjoy the last one, Gloria. Guess that's why there is a fuss being made.
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
I can understand gamers being upset when a game they want is only appearing on the platform they don't own but the amount of fanboy crying over this Tomb Raider deal is laughable! ( and we see this sort of thing from both sides ) We've seen this sort of thing in the past from Sony and Microsoft and we will see it again, a deal is done, money is thrown about, big surprise lol. Anyway, thought Gamescom was pretty decent from both camps and I'm just happy that starting next week I'll be playing Diablo, Golf Club, week after Metro, then Horizons 2, Halo MC Collection, Sunset Overdrive, Project Cars, Assassins Creed to name but a handful are getting closer and closer, 2014 is gonna be good :))
Meta Knight has been announced for Smash Bros ;)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Yeah it seems there is confusion over the exclusivity whether its timed or completely exclusive. What yesterday showed me is Microsoft have very little interest in making new games happy to rest on there back catalogue of IPs and pay for exclusivity of other companies IPs.
Artemisthemp's avatar
Artemisthemp 2 years ago
Making Rise of Tomb Raider completely exclusive to Xbox would be stupid of Square Enix, so my guess is that Rise of Tomb Raider will release for PS4 and PC in 2016
NathanW18's avatar
NathanW18 2 years ago
The butthurt is understandable. Square released the first game on PS3, 360 and PC. Now they take their second one away from big fans. People should not be mad at CD. They're not the publisher. It's not their decision which platforms they make their games for. Square have been making pretty awful decisions for a while, so this is no surprise. Sony's conference was far superior. More games we haven't seen. More new IP's. More variety overall.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Making Tomb Raider exclusive to xbox is a class act of banter by square. Good work Square your banter level is off of the charts.
Limited edition Smash Bros 3DS - https://www.facebook.com/224173137756374/photos/a.266600980180256.1073741830.224173137756374/313376995502654/?type=1&theater
hightonviewdistrict's avatar
hightonviewdistrict 2 years ago
http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/94529480860/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-update has anyone read this yet, it's sounding like Don Mattrick from last year military comment, basically saying if you don't have a xbox system, we have a game for you, it's called Tomb Raider 2013, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition and Tomb Raider and The Temple of Osiris. FFS
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Well played Don... Well played... Sticking it to the man!
PHILIP 2 years ago
Must say guys I am well pissed about the Tomb Raider decision. In Darrell Gallagher own words "We know they (Microsoft) will get behind this game more than any support we have had from them in the past" ??? Nothing to do with the fact Microsoft paid them stupid money for this exclusive.... Whichever way you look at it gaming is a competitive business... games costing more than films.. And money talks. I know I should'nt act surprised as others have pointed out this has happened before and will happen again and again and etc..Like all of you guys on here I love gaming regardless of our chosen platform...I don't own an Xbox One and at this moment in time have no intention of it as it's exclusives stand - especially for one game. Only other game on the system I like the look of is Dead Rising 3. I chose the Ps4 and Wii U to join my Ps3 and I am more than happy with my choices. Please don't think I'm runnning the Xbox down....I honestly think ALL consoles have their strong points and the Xbox One is far from being a bad unit from what I have seen on my friends - The Wii U gets abandoned by publishers but I think its a cracking console. I am just pissed of the fact that I may never get to enjoy this title from a series that has always been available on multi platform - I just don't want another game console taking up space under my Tv when there is a massive choice of games already on my current systems - and not for the sake of one exclusive.... Hopefully .... A timed exclusive.
Turns out Tomb Raider isn't Xbone exclusive. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-13-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-is-coming-to-both-xbox-one-and-xbox-360
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Well that still doesnt really clear up if its is just timed exclusive or not. I guessed it would be on 360 as well surprised though as thought they had given up on 360 already.
I have 3000 Wii points sitting here. Anybody recomend anything from the Wii Store to purchase?
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
I am reeling about the Tomb Raider news, Nintendo should have gotten exclusivity, it would have been a sweeter payback for the N64/PS1 days! It is probably being on 360 too, just in case Xbox ONE sales are low. Virtually every one should have a 360 or a ONE, unless traded in the 360 for a PS4.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
One thing I am truly still reeling over, is the news of Robin Williams. He liked gaming and named his daughter Zelda. They were in Zelda TV ads for Nintendo too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqebeDRMTDQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4vv2Y6uQY0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9cOvaKFpyU https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6oYMtqZk4Y https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RceAJ3b1IFA
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
He also was an avid of World of Warcraft, and now Blizzard are making a NPC to memoralise him in game. http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/12/robin-williams-to-be-memorialized-in-wow
It truly is sad that he has past now. I heard that some nobs were giving Zelda abuse on Twitter after the story broke. Some truly sick individuals in this world
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
My dog died the other week, do you think Blizzard will commemorate him with his own NPC?
If you Messaged them and made a compelling case then sure they would. They have done stuff like this before
Also, condolences