PT demo is Silent Hill taster for PS4; more to be revealed soon

Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima and Pacific Rim director Guillermo del Toro are bringing a new Silent Hill game to the PlayStation 4 and you may have already seen it as the game was unveiled via a playable teaser Sony released on the PlayStation Store called PT.

Norman Reedus, known best for his role in Walking Dead, has been cast as the game's protagonist.

We have no idea if this game is PS4 exclusive or not, but a full reveal will arrive at TGS, so expect more then.

Edited On 13 Aug, 2014

Comments
selfdestruct's avatar
selfdestruct 2 years ago
I am so excited about this! If they get Akeria to do the music this could be the reboot silent hill needed!
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
very exciting news, shit my pants big time with this last night, no help whatsoever in solving the problem but I kept at it and was rewarded in the end
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
Incredibly exciting sounding project so far and the way it was announced was very creative. Thumbs up. The rumours that it's PS4 exclusive kind of makes me want to see how all of those Xbox owners cheerleading MS paying for Tomb Raider to be cancelled on PC/PS4 will react if that ends up being true.
Meh, good names don't make good games (Shadows of the Damned) Maybe i'm just skeptical from being burned by the series in the past
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
if this was the other way around and on xbox only, it may have pursuaded me to buy an xbone, after a few mins my heart was pounding
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
a truly scary game, very disturbing at times too
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
How can you say Shadows of the Damned wasnt a good game disappointed Nox. How long is the teaser then might check it out over the weekend.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I'll give this a go later. Also Shadow of the Damned was great fun. I still think the Tomb Raider thing is stupid and not a good idea to go exclusive but was it ever actually announced for the PS4/PC? I remember the trailer was shown at E3 in the xbox one conference but cant actually remember if it was said then it was coming out on the other consoles. Either way it is still a rubbish thing to do.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
took me four hours last night, only because you dont get any help whatsoever and there are a good few bits where you will not have a clue what to do, but keep searching everywhere and it will pay off in the end
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Cheers Jay will hopefully check it out later on this week
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
"but was it ever actually announced for the PS4/PC? I remember the trailer was shown at E3 in the xbox one conference but cant actually remember if it was said then it was coming out on the other consoles." - Um, well they usually don't mention competing platforms during E3 conferences. It wasn't introduced as an exclusive though, and all media coverage following the event identified it as multiplatform (Including at least one official press release by Square-Enix I believe.). It was definitely confirmed for those other platforms initially though. "Shadows of the Damned was good for a a few hours but I just found it extremely lacking" - Well, it WAS based on Resident Evil 4 after all 8)
Meh, never really been a fan of Silent Hill, and Norman Reedus isn't selling it to me, don't know what everyone see's in him in TWD, I think he looks like a tramp.
It doesn't help that I'm not a massive fan of the type of humour. Resi 4 had a good story and memorable characters, Shadows didn't.
Is TWD really that good? Everyone keeps talking about it like it's the Life of Brien or something. Not seen a single episode, same with Game of Thrones
It's OK, not that great though, never bothered with GoT either, looks a bit shit to me.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
i grew up with silent hill, and last night my heart was pounding harder than in years, and my main game genre has always been horror, this was something new, and knowing its a taster of a new silent hill, awesome news, finally took a risk and took the series somewhere new, but it did feel like silent hill which was good, and disturbing is an understatement, advice though, play in pitch black with headset on if possible and trust me you will need new underwear
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
is this PS4 only or is it coming to other platforms? also Jay have you played Outlast?
Need a PS4 first
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
here it is guys the trailer for SILENT HILLS
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
and yep ive finished outlast, this was scarier
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
TWD I like wouldnt say its amazing or anything but its enjoyable and has some good moments. GOT has some epic episodes and then has some dull episodes and sometimes feels there is too much going on sometimes.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
yeah i enjoyed Outlast and for an indie game it was put together really well, i have never played a silent hill game but i'm really interested in this and i would buy it on release but i doubt its coming to Xbox one.
That is just a common problem with most adaptations
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
i did love outlast though , that was a good game, it was scary, this demo is more psychological, but thats what silent hill has always went for, to freak you out
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
anyway at the end of the silent hill trailer, it says the pt demo has no relevance to the silent hill game, so thats just a playable teaser of what it will be like
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I agree with Bindiana TWD has some highs and lows, the last season there started good but got terrible with the second half being nothing but walking to get to an obvious season end.