Shadow of Mordor season pass detailed

Shadow of Mordor's season pass has been detailed.

Here's what you'll get:

Shadow of Mordor season pass

• Exclusive ‘Guardians of the Flaming Eye’ Orc Warband mission – Players will face Sauron’s elite Defenders before the Black Gate and earn the Rising Flame rune

• Early access to the ‘Trials of War’ challenge series – Players will test their skills against select legions of Sauron’s forces in this series of challenge modes and build their legend as gamers post their best score on the Challenge Leaderboard

• All new story missions with hours of gameplay

- Lord of the Hunt – Hunt the wild beasts of Mordor as player’s discover hidden lairs, earn unique runes and face off against powerful monsters

- The Bright Lord – Play as Celebrimbor, the great Elven smith of the Second Age, and battle against Sauron and the might of his forces

• Access to future content – Including runes, skins and additional future add-on content.

Remember, if you are buying on PS4 then you'll also get access to some exclusive content.

Shadow of Mordor is out on PS4, Xbox One, PS3, and Xbox 360 on September 30 and it looks great.

Edited On 18 Aug, 2014

Comments
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Yet another season pass!
You'll buy this one though.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Oh joy of joys!
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Nope pre-order has been cancelled.
Just buy it when Steam has it on sale for £1
Saying that, you can get a copy of this on PC for £20 so having a season pass isn't the big of a deal
NathanW18's avatar
NathanW18 2 years ago
This season pass cancer is frustrating to see. If the content is ready on release, it should be in the main game. I wonder what their next money making scheme will be.
Nathan if you truly honestly think they could do that then you need to read up on how video game development works. Not trying to be a dick here
NathanW18's avatar
NathanW18 2 years ago
I don't need to read up on anything. There are plenty of games that come with a season pass and a lot of the content is available on release. It should be in the main game. Even if you have to download it. If the content is not available on release, it makes more sense, but I still don't like it. Why pay for content in advanced when you don't know how good it's going to be?
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
season passes are annoying and Nathan has a valid point and yes i know were not forced to buy them but if the content is made/ready before the game releases then it should be in the game and even if the content isn't ready then delay the game until it is ready.
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Thats the good thing, you don't have to. You could buy the DLC individually or not at all. I think the last season pass I bought was the Borderlands 2 one which was well worth the money. When you think about it the last two months or so of a game before it is released is bug fixing and sorting out the rest of the little things so what are the rest of the team going to do before they start the next project? I suppose they could just get rid of them or not pay them until they start but then that would be pretty rubbish for them. Don't get me wrong some season passes are done terrible. Personally I feel that as long as the season pass is fully detailed explaining everything that will be included in it then that is the right option to go for as you know what you will be getting though I would personally wait to see the reviews of the first things coming out.
This ^
What you really should be saying is not "The content should be included" but "The content should be free"
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
They should give me the game for free if its ready ;)
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Every time i see a game that has a season pass announced for a game that i am planning to buy on release which is usually around £42 - £47 i just feel like i am missing out on part of the game, i would much rather they just upped the price of all games that have season passes by an extra £20 and delay them until all content is made/created, are they could make there games on demand only so you cannot sell them and people cannot buy them second hand or pre-owned and include all content as most developers simply make DLC to cover for the losses from the used games market, i understand that this is my opinion and not many people would agree with the above.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
or you can cancel your pre order like i have.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
I did once i saw game play for it at gamescom, i was simply commenting on the article which is to do with season passes.
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I understand where you are coming from and season passes are touch and go. I don't mind buying them individually when they come out like they used to but it is good to know sometimes that the game will be supported after release. Now preorder DLC that does my head in especially retailer exclusive DLC and the ones that make the game easier like here have this super amazon sword of fiery justice at the beginning of the game.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
I use to care about pre order dlc but for the past 20 or so games i have bought i havent , simply because its usually just pointless crap anyways which ya use once or twice and forgot about is which is why i stopped bothering with pre order dlc and GAME always gets the pre order stuff anyways and since i stopped going to game and shopping with shopto ive saved quite a bit of money.
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Same here, I don't mind the cosmetic stuff it just annoys me the things that make the game easier or give someone else a disadvantage. I tend to go wherever is cheaper now as well, would rather save money than get something extra. While we are talking about preorder things have you seen the rage that the Witcher 3 is getting with the limited editions? Apparently the xbox one version is getting two decks of cards that the other versions are not and there is outrage about it.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
would rather save money than get something extra, i totally agree here but i only seem to buy from shopto as i have been in the habit of pre paying for many games like 8-10weeks before release, also two decks of cards for the Witcher 3? really wtf is the point? lol, i will be getting the Witcher 3 as it comes out a few days before my bday but i wont be getting the deck of cards edition.
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
It comes with the big limited edition they are doing, apparently it is something to do with mini game in the game it is giving you two decks to play in real life but only for the xbox one version. So people are annoyed that xbox one fans are getting more for there money essentially. Which is good for me as I have the limited one preordered for £120 before it went to £140
craig 2 years ago
craig 2 years ago
craig 2 years ago
season pass doesn't bother me as much as console exclusive items/missions which I presume this has. was the main reason a cancelled my pre order of destiny that and the beta sucked this game looks good though
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Craig you are aware you posted the same post 3 times right? anyways is completely forgot about "console exclusive items/missions" i destiny has ps4 only dlc but its just a few missions and a map which isn't much at all compared to the entire game.
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
It is annoying the console exclusive DLC though you do find that the majority of them are not that good. Timed DLC is a strange one i don't mind it as much though sometimes it is stupid a few months I can understand but a full year or more is just silly.
If it is any consolation Craig, platform exclusive content is usually crap. it is essentially content that was cut from the final release cos it wasn't up to snuff.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
My main problem with season passes is announcing them now the game isnt out for another 2 months!! Some DLC feels like it has been cut out of the game just to sell later as DLC been burnt once with a season pass so unlikely to buy another one.
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
It was Max Payne 3 that got me with the season pass, I was expecting some good solid single player stuff with some fun multiplayer bits not all multiplayer. Probably my own fault for not reading up on it though.
Oh & other comment on the topic of DLC should be included. Wait for the game to get a discount by the price of the season pass. That way you are paying full price and getting the DLC "free
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Timed DLC is fine with me if its only a few weeks or a month but at least you get to play/use that DLC at some point but timed games are by far this biggest piss take i can think of.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Gears 3 was the one that got me love the gear series but by the time the 2nd DLC came out was done with the game dont even think I downloaded the last DLC.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Zombie i did the same with AC blackflag, really enjoyed the game got 100% sync deiced to get the season pass and it turns out 1 of the 3 DLCs was for the campaign and the other 2 were for MP, i have never felt so stupid for not looking further into what the DLC was then right right at that moment.
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I almost done that with Black flag as well but luckily I noticed it was only one story piece first so I just got that one.
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
The one that got me was Injustice. Got 4 characters for my DLC, but they were releasing costumes and everything else and trying to charge me extra for it. Then they released a SECOND Season Pass to release another 4 characters.
craig 2 years ago
these so called console war is getting out of hand now especially now that tomb raider is exclusive to xbox the only losers are the consumers who cant afford the two systems
Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive. It will come out on PS4 after the New Year
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I didn't realise they had two season passes thats just ridiculous. The one that annoys me was Dead or alive 5 for the costumes, when you see how much the previous ones had to unlock compared to 5 it was annoying.
Borderlands 2 had two Season Passes didn't it? Al least it had Story DLC that wasn't included in the Season Pass
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
It had the one season pass for the mechromancer, the 4 story DLCs and the first level cap upgrade. The rest were all separate which included 4 small areas, it was essentially a big boss in each like the big Thresher at the end of the game with some build up missions before hand. Some costume DLC, the Psycho and another level cap upgrade.
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
I didn't get the costume stuff but what they did do which was good was let you preview it in game before you bought it. Also the separate DLC's didn't have much story it was essentially hey its (insert holiday here) lets go kill things.
Wasn't Dragon Keep outside of the Season Pass? Maybe I'm just thinking of the GotY edition
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
No Dragons Keep was in the season pass. It may not have been in the GotY edition though it seems silly releasing it without it as it was the best DLC.