ShopTo.net

Ubisoft may stop support for PS3/Xbox 360 in 2015

Ubisoft plans to focus on PC, PS4 and Xbox One going into next year, leaving the older generation of consoles behind.

Speaking to Game Informer, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said that the rapid transition to the new generation of machines has made supporting the old machines unviable. So from 2015 it'll likely leave PS3 and Xbox 360 behind.

“What we see is that this year is still fine for the PS3 and 360. But next year because they are selling very quickly, we’ll move to the new hardware. After 2015, it will be hard for us to create games for those systems.”

Currently Well over 15m units of Xbox One and PS4 consoles have been sold worldwide in just nine months, which is an astounding figure. However, that's still considerably shy of the almost 150m install base of Xbox 360 and PS3.

Edited On 19 Aug, 2014

Comments
Well, bully for them :)! I haven't bought a last Gen title in too long; to-be-honest, I'd forgot they were there. Even had to cancel my Naruto Storm Rev pre-order, as I just don't see the point of supporting it on Last Gen when I've happily made the transition to Latest Gen. I am shocked they haven't ported the series to the WiiU, tbh. It's meant to be 1.5X more powerful than PS3 just as the PS4 is meant to be 1.5X more powerful than XBONE. Shame these consoles aren't at least 3X more powerful than its counterpart; what's with this 1.5X >?!! Also, not that fussed with their forthcoming release of 'Unity' to be fair. Has anyone else noticed that it looks and plays like 'Zelda: the Four Swords'?!! The way you can play as 'four' of you and even the cloaks of the assassin personages look like almost the same colors of Link's cloaks in 'the Four Swords'. Honestly, if I wanted to pick up where I left off in 'Zelda: the Four Swords', I'd just whip out my 3DS XL :)!
Fear Sinséir1612 2 months ago
What it's nothing like zelda four swords? Apart from there are four people wearing different colours that happen to use a sword. With that logic Gears of war is just like Zelda as you have four people with different colour palettes that at some point could use a sword.
Zombieflamingo 2 months ago
It looks like and plays like Four Swords? The only similarity the games have is that there are 4 Assassins/Links
Loli-Nox-Tan 2 months ago
4 assassins, 4 Links... Yup, makes sense to me, the games are pretty much identical.
PrometheusFan 2 months ago
Good. It's time to move on.
NathanW18 2 months ago
It was like that time we got 4 Links and had to fight through waves of zombies to get to the end of the level while fighting special zombies and then had to defend against them waiting for a boat to come and get us. Or that time when we had four Links trying to rob a bank and escape with as much loot as possible.
Zombieflamingo 2 months ago
... Or that time those 4 Links had to fight Shredder.
PrometheusFan 2 months ago
Wow O_0, thanks to me, this has got to be one of you lots best threads yet :)! Your comments are like charades: game 1 is 'Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha', right?! Game 2 is 'Payday 2: the Heist' and 'Kevin's' referring to 'TMNT', right? Isn't it amazing how many have used that formula to create a game within a franchise or a comic series even :)?! Although, 'TMNT' did come before 'Zelda: the Four Swords Adventures', I think. None of you have really successfully been able to refute my initial claim and, in fact, I'd say, your examples corroborate the point I was making :).
Fear Sinséir1612 2 months ago
Actually the first was Left 4 Dead. You do know that Zelda four swords is not the first 4 player co-op game.
Zombieflamingo 2 months ago
I thought it could be that but let's be honest getting in ''Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha' just looks cooler and funnier O_o! No, I know but did they have to go and make the cloak colours of the Assassins similar too?! It's like they couldn't help boasting about that which inspired them, that's all I'm sayin' O_o!
Fear Sinséir1612 2 months ago
Meh, just a Gauntlet clone ;)
Gloria 2 months ago
"Or that time those 4 Links had to fight Shredder" Hahahahahahaha, ROFL! Genius
Loli-Nox-Tan 2 months ago
You know the cloak colours change depending on what you decide to go for, you could all be black if you wanted to. The only reason they done them different for the demo is so you knew who was who.
Zombieflamingo 2 months ago
They will still probably support the 360 for longer, if xb1 sales do not pick up.
Autogamer 2 months ago