Tuesday Chat - August 26th

Hello!

Joe's on holiday again this week, so it's Colin again.

How are you? Good bank holiday weekend? Game much or just relax?

We'll have a review of Playstation exclusive indie title CounterSpy later on today as well as a look at some of the stories that broke over the long weekend. *cough* DDOS attacks and $970 million purchases *cough*

Here's the topic of the day!

With the end of September, October and November looking pretty crowded for gaming, how are you prioritising your gaming purchases?

Edited On 26 Aug, 2014

Comments
As all my games for the rest of the year are already paid for I don't need to prioritize what games I buy. There's not that many anyway really, apart from October there's only one or two per month I want. Prioritizing what games to play will be more of a problem in October, specially the first week when I'll have three new games to play.
Looks like MS have been dodging their taxes http://yournewswire.com/microsoft-admits-keeping-92-billion-offshore-to-avoid-paying-29-billion-in-u-s-taxes/
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Just having a look there is nothing I really want from now till Christmas there is games I will probably get Sunset Overdrive, Infamous first Light, Hyrule warriors and smash bros. Then there is games I might get like PES 2015 and Natural Doctorine. Must be the first time in a long time there is no must have game for me over this period.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
all that intrests me to the end of the year is shadows of mordor but i'm not getting it.
Not bothering with Bayonetta 2 Bindania?
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Oh forgot about that for some reason thought it got pushed to next year. Bayonetta 2 is probably the highest on my list out of the games I have mentioned.
Nah, it's set for October, no exact date yet, but I'm thinking 24th or 31st, it's set for 20th of September in Japan and I'm thinking there'll be the same sort of gap between release there and here as there is with Hyrule Warriors.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
well ive got 8 games left this year all paid for, so no need to mess around now till Feb 2015 when The Order comes out and ill start pre paying for next years games then on
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Nintendo might space them out like Hyrule September, Smash Bros October and Bayonetta November. Shopto have release date as 21 November but that looks like a guess to me as amazon have no release date.
They've said October in a recent multi game promo video, so it'll be October.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
I've got 4 games pre ordered and paid for between now and the end of the year. I was looking through the coming soon section the other day to pre order more games but there wasn't anything else that I wanted.
selfdestruct's avatar
selfdestruct 2 years ago
Don't know if it's back up yet but lizardsquad ddos attacked Twitter and it was down at about 10 this morning, getting quite sick of this now
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
Just 4 more games for me this year. Then that's me done till Feb '15 too
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
I've got 11 more games for this year and 6 of them are paid for, i'm getting all the ones i want so no i have not had to prioritize any games but i am still unsure about sunset overdrive but if i do get that then it'll be 12 games.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
I still can't make my mind up over Shadow of Mordor. Shall I, Shan't I?
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
I was like that and decided that ill just wait till the witcher 3 instead as it looks like a much better rpg then dragon age n shadow of mordor to me anyways, if you think you'd enjoy it then id say go for it but if ya saw the gameplay and didn't think much of it then id pass on it, but everyone's different.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
SoM does look really good Dave, if you're a massive LOTR fan then it's gotta be worth getting. If you're a moderate fan like myself then it's probably worth waiting for the reviews before deciding. @Bindiana let me know if you decide to get PES(PS4) and Natural Doctrine, getting those myself, the latter I'll be getting on vita as i can play it on the go and it has online cross play with the PS3 & PS4 versions
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Shadow of Mordor seems to have had a strange path everyone seemed to love it when first seen but now a lot of people arent to sure now its coming to release. Hoping to see a lot of gameplay footage of PES before release. I dont know if they have champions league licence or not this year as watched a video of FIFA the other day and the guy talking about it said Champions League is in this years version.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Didn't release anyone played PES, have never seen or heard of anyone playing PES over that last few year as everyone i know of whos into football plays FIFA and when i ask why don't ya play PES they all say PES is crap compared to FIFA, no real reason but i thought it was a little weird that they all said the same thing about PES, now i don't play FIFA or PES but all people seem to do is waste money buying packs on FIFA and compaining about getting terrible players, just seems like EA want to nickle and dime there FIFA players with UT and packs which is why i don't understand why they continue wasting £££'s on FIFA and buying packs over the 6 months of its release every single year.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Yea it's actually the opposite for me Danny as nearly all of my gaming friends are really into PES (and I do realise FIFA outsells it by far). The licences and presentation are miles better in FIFA but the core gameplay in PES is far superior (of course that's just my opinion). Totally agree with your comments about the UT thing, as if the fact they release a new FIFA every year wasn't enough, but that's EA for you. I'm really not an advocate of the whole "annual games release" culture but will be getting this year's PES as haven't bought one for a few years now and it's the first one on new gen
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
@Bindiana, regardless of the licences I'll be going PES, I'm used to spending my first few hours on a new PES in the edit mode updating team/player/tournament names so nothing new there for me. Once that's done the better experience (imo) then lies in wait. Actually the last PES I bought I ended buying a usb off ebay for a fiver with all the editing including kits and crests all done for me
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
If i ever buy a football game for the Xbox one (only console i have) then ill get PES but it'll most probably be of eBay (makes a change as i buy 99% of my games brand new) also i noticed PES comes out in November so i could very well get the next PES as i'm only getting Halo MCC and Farcry 4 in November, gotta admit it is tempting and i can already picture all the "why didn't ya just get FIFA 15" and "PES sucks" amongst other things from a fair few people lol
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Yeah I usually buy a usb stick with the updated teams and kits. I am with RTLF I prefer how PES plays to FIFA.
Hyrule Warriors, Ar Nosurge, Tales of Hearts, PS Vita, Bayoneta, & Smash Bros
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
The thing i dislike about FIFA is the lack of midfield play and you always seem to score the same goals.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Yeah I find that you score the same type of goal over and over. FIFA can seem very scripted in games as well
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Took the words right out of my mouth Toots, PES always feels like it allows you to express your creativity in possession where as FIFA feels like it's on rails
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Nox getting a Vita? somehow I just can't believe this... :)
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Yeah JoeToots and Bindiana i hear so much about "gay goals" (as they call em) and "scripting" i just laugh.
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston's avatar
Dave 'BubbaJai' Aston 2 years ago
I think as I'm not sure, best to wait for the reviews. I'm definitely getting Witcher 3 anyway
I don't know if I should be insulted
You should be, as often as possible.
Just canceled my Hyrule Warriors order and ordered the Limited (Scarf) Edition from the Nintendo store