Thursday Chat - August 28th

Well that took a while. Login problems! Was pulling out my hair for hours there.

How's your day been so far? I've already been to a Dental Hospital to see about having two and a half wisdom teeth out. Not fun.

But hey! It's less than two weeks until Destiny is out. I'm getting a little excited.

It's lunch time, what's everyone having for lunch?

Edited On 28 Aug, 2014

Comments
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
Ouches two wisdom teeth out, i agree not fun indeed but at least its over now right. Anyways yeah destiny look's quite the fun little title i tried the beta & found it pretty fun "with friends" but im still on the fence on buying it next month.
Wisdom teeth are bastards, had all mine out about 20 years ago. Not fussed on Destiny, might pick it up when I get a new console, not going to renew Live to play it on 360 though. Not sure what's for lunch, the other half is out at the shops getting something, all will be revealed when they return. Right now I'm going to check to see if the eshop has been updated, want to try out Steamworld Dig.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
Know How you feel, was in dentist yesterday myself as got a massive massive Abcess which pushed its way up to my eye, so needed syringing
Colin (News Writer)'s avatar
Colin (News Writer) 2 years ago
Oh they're not out yet, Akemi :( I've had one fully out - that took over an hour and really wasn't pleasant. Bruised mouth bits for a couple of weeks. Second one basically crumbled on the way out and only half came out. DOUBLE :(
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Jesus Jay, having a hard year eh... @Gloria, got a friend who keeps trying to get me to pick up Steamworld Dig, says it makes him feel nostalgic and that he was gutted when he finished it as didn't want it to end so must be decent
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 2 years ago
but on the good side, destiny is only 12 days away, so everything will be ok lol
Dark Souls 2 DLC #2 is finally available for Season Pass owners on PS3 now. I had a bowl of Crunchy Nut Clusters for my lunch
Also Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire are getting a steelbook each and a figure each http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-3ds/pokemon-omega-ruby-steelbook/10991144.html http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-3ds/pokemon-alpha-sapphire-steelbook/10991143.html Sorry Shopto but a keychain won't cut it
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 has been announced (PS3/PS4/PSV)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Had roast beef sandwiches and a pack of cheese and onion squares. Destiny seemed fun with friends not a game I would play on my own I dont think.
I'll get Destiny when it releases on PC. I got asked yesterday, if I had to buy a PS4 & Xbone right now then what games would I buy? My answer, Xbone = Nothing, PS4 = Infamous. There is absolutely nothing I want on those consoles right now
Ended up with cheese and chicken muffins for lunch and half a pork pie, with mini rolls for afters ;) Downloading Steamworld Dig now
Feel the same way about Xbox and PS4 Nox, except the one game I would buy if I had to would be DR3.
I would probably buy Dead Rising 3 for the Xbone if it wasn't on the PC
In other news I might pull the trigger on a PS Vita. Thought about getting the parts for the PC but I'm gonna wait for the sales
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Pull the trigger as in getting one or as in not bothering now?
I'd get DR3 on PC if my PC was capable of running a game that wasn't ten years old.
I was planning on getting one along with Tales of Hearts but I might get sooner since this seems like a good price http://www.shopto.net/video-games/psvita/PSPHWV130-ps-vita-wifi-slim-console-16gb-memory-card-6-disney-game
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Thats a very good price for that, cheaper then a 3ds xl at the moment.
Heard there's going to be a 3DS based Japanese Nintendo Direct tomorrow, around mid day UK time.
Then again I just finished chapter 10 of Xillia 2 last night (halfway through) and I have the DKS2 DLC to play, and then Hyrule Warriors is out next month. Don't think I'll give it enough time to justify the purchase
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
I'd highly recommend the bundle with tearaway, uncharted and gravity rush etc. if it weren't for the 8GB memory card, all top games but 8GB card doesn't really cut it in the long run
With Tearaway being released for the PS4 there isn't really any point (not to mention it is PS+ fodder) I don't care about Uncharted, not in the slightest & Gravity Rush was a PS+ game ages ago. Tbh I will just sell the codes for the games on Ebay
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Fair enough on uncharted but you're wrong about Tearaway, it wont be the same experience at all on the PS4, Bindiana knows what I'm talking about... would say it's likely it could turn up on ps plus one day but then again LBP Vita never did so...
Odds are I will pick it up to go with Unfolded. I love how most places are saying that during the interview with Miyamoto he called casual gamers "Pathetic"
He did use the word Pathetic" but it was directed at their attitude to games and not them personally
Also Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2 is getting a physical release in Europe next year
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Yeah I would recomend playing Tearaway on the Vita to get the full experience will be a different experience on PS4. The first Re Birth isnt getting a Physical release is it?
Nope is isn't. We are trying to get them to entertain the idea of giving Re;Birth 1 a limited physical run, before or along with Re;Birth 2
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Rebirth1 is already available in the store so very unlikely
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Is America getting a physical release? as they seem to get more physical stuff then we do as Conception II and Mind U got physical releases over there.
Idea Factory could do a Ultra, Ultra, ULTRA Limited Edition for Re;Birth 2 that comes with a physical copy of Re;Birth 1
Re;Birth 1 did get a physical release over there
Do you mean Mind 0? Speaking of that game it is part of the weekly deal on Play-Asia (£14.46)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
yeah Mind 0 my mistake. How is Play Asia never ordered from there may order rebirth 1 from there.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Mind Zero was half price on the store a few weeks ago
Play-Asia have been quite good in my experience. With each order I seemed to get a $5 off code included in the package (Every little helps)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Did Blazblue Chrono Phantasma come out over here?
Nope cos Ark are dicks
I mean they just randomly said a few months back, "Oh btw Chrono Phantasma is releasing on the EU PSN next week" That alone tells you they don't care
Can you tell I'm holding a grudge?
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Ah right as Play asia have that for £16.87 might pick it up. Nope Nox cant tell your holding a grudge you hide it so well haha
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
They pokemon steelbooks are quite nice looking, you pre ordered from the Nintendo store before?
Old Timer's avatar
Old Timer 2 years ago
I hate dentists but to be honest I had 1 wisdom tooth out back in June and not saying I enjoyed the experience but it wasn't as bad as I imagined beforehand. As for Destiny, not picking it up myself, I played the beta on both XB1/PS4 and just couldn't get into it. Reminded me of a cross between Halo and Borderlands but as good as neither. I think Halo played better and Borderlands gave you the incentive/rewards to explore, Destiny just felt very "Meh" to me and can see people losing interest quickly in this, hope I'm wrong though and I still have to take into account it was only a beta so I'm vey interested to read the feedback in the weeks after release.
I won't know how good the Ninty store is until Hyrule Warriors is released but Game do have the rights to sell the steelbooks as well so it is worth waiting for them to put it up. Although I'm not sure if they have the rights to the figures
Just ordered them both from the Ninty store
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Ordered both as well Nox. I thought it was the other way around Nox they had the figures but not the steelbook. Pleased to hear they are planning on adding beards to Destiny after the beta feedback. I have the FF theatrerythm from the square enix store but never tried there either.
Steamworld Dig is awesome, like an old school Metroid crossed with Boulder Dash ;)
Nothing like a good beard
They look good, but they're awfully scratchy.
Dust: An Elysian Tail is coming to PS4 http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/08/28/dust-an-elysian-tail-coming-to-ps4/