Monday Chat: September 1

It's Monday and I'm back from holiday. So what have you all been up to all week? What games have you been playing and did everyone behave themselves?

There should be some interesting news today, since Sony are at this moment holding a press release in Japan. So let's see what we can find and of course....

Let's Chat!

Edited On 01 Sep, 2014

Comments
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
quick question - your version of Bayonetta 2 - is it the special ediion with both 1 and 2 on disc in the box? These seems to be 2 versions now - a special edtion with 1 and just 2 on its own: http://www.giantbomb.com/bayonetta-2/3030-39764/releases/
Played Tales of Xillia 2 (42 hours so far( read volume 5 & 6 of Mayo Chiki, & read volume 5,6 &7 of Is this a Zombie.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Didn't do any gaming over the weekend but I've got today off so I'm going to play TLOU MP. Can't wait for Destiny now, only downside is my copy is being delivered via courier, which means I won't get it till the evening on release date.
All first print copy's of Bayoneta 2 will include the first one Turnip
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Had an action packed weekend so didn't game.
Played some Steamworld Dig over the weekend, awesome game, going to be sad when I finish it. Also put a few hours in to Tomodachi Life, my island is running out of space, not added any islanders myself in ages, but at the rate they're breeding the last apartment will be filled in 2 weeks tops. And I did a South park on the Walking Dead, and killed Kenny.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
^spoiler
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Got a few more hours of Diablo in started to get some legendary items.
Persona 5 for PS4. I think that is the Sega influence
& a YS game for PS4.. The console is looking better and better
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
really thats good PS4 getting some established RPG brands.
Persona wasn't that big of a shock since I thought it would when Sega bought Atlus but YS was a big one for me
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
See Dragon Quest is like Hyrule Warriors with Dragon Quest characters. Just hope they all come out over here.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Bloodborne given February release date in Japan surprised its out so soon.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Gaming was drastically reduced over the weekend. Saturday afternoon I did the ice bucket challenge (pro tip, don't leave the ice in the water for half an hour before doing the actually tipping) before heading to town in the evening. First night out drinking in nearly two years and so Sunday was spent making friends with the sofa and moving as little as possible. Nearly booted up the Wii U but that would have involved too much movement, so I just played Crusader Kings 2 and streamed Snow White and the Huntsman (not as bad as I thought it would be) from my laptop. Although gaming wise I've had to cancel my pre-order of Hyrule Warriors. I'm on a stag do holiday at the end of the month and buying both Destiny and Hyrule Warriors was letting my heart rule my head.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 years ago
Mostly played metro redux got my last light plat after some frustrating add on trophys and just started 2033 which i found great as i have not played this one before
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 years ago
quick question does any ones ps4 fans kick in to over drive when playing games , mine seems really loud like a jet taking off , getting a bit worryed its out in the open thou with plenty of space for it
Sounds like your PS4 fans need cleaned. Order a few cans of 5 star compressed air from Amazon (Make sure it is Amazon who are the sellers) Always good to have a can or two lying about
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
I can't remember my fan going OTT at any point
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 years ago
yeah might go and have a look i clean all the vents often for dust , its not a ongoing thing , they seem to go really loud and you can hear them over the sound of the games
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Personally i have always had better luck with a hand hover than canned air. I know you can fuck it up with a hover if you're not careful but i've always found canned air just blasts shit further into your system/.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 years ago
i prefer a hover thats the way i do it normal'y so you suck the dust out and not blow it back in and around
That is why you spray at an angle. Using a hover is a quite fire way to fuck up your system
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Hoovers generate static and as Nox has pointed out, they're a brilliant way to fry your system
You can get a special type of type of vacuum for getting dust out of your systems but some canned air does the job well enough
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
canned air is ok on my PC as i can take the side panel off but with consoles i've always found there isn't enough vents/space to blow it out. I've still not fucked one console up by using a hoover though.
Playing with fire
& of course using cans of air pushes the dust inside. It breaks up the dust clusters and the air that doesn't come out gets pushed in and the fans will deal with that
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Don't know wether to keep my pre-order on here for Hyrule Warriors or get it as a digital download. Its 5 quid more to download but i'll be on it pretty much all the time and i'd rather have it where I don't need the disk
10% off Hyrule Warriors if you own one of the Zelda games that are going on deal this month
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
yeah, i saw that - I have pretty much every Zelda on both the 3DS and Wii U so the 35 for Hyrule Warriors is very tempting. I can't seem to see the size of it anywhere though
Search for the size of the Japanese version. That's a good place to start
Also double stars if you download a game that has a hard copy. I have to Scarf edition ordered at the Ninty store
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
7.8 gig it is - may get the digital version - thought it would be bigger
You sure about the double stars? I've downloaded a few retail games in the last year and only got the normal stars for them, apart from Tomodachi Life, but only because I bought it retail before downloading it.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
don't really care about the stars - i have loads of games I haven't bothered with the sureys for - never anything online to get here in the UK. best thing I got was the Luigi thing
I think it is only if you download it within the first week/month
Not sure
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 years ago
It seems GTA V on ps4 and xbox one is arriving nov 14 according to the sixth axis going to be a good week for gaming if it is with assassins creed and halo collection all out then as well
Same day as Tales of Hearts R? Going to be a tough choice that is.