Tuesday Chat: September 9

It's Tuesday and that marks the launch day of Destiny.

So have you ordered or even better, are you playing already?

Currently my character is up to level 9 and I've managed to unlock Venus as I play through for review. I've also tested out the multiplayer areas, which seem quite fun. There's plenty to get through but things are moving along, so hopefully our review can be squeezed into the weekend, if not early next week.

If you get the game today or are playing already then post your early impressions below.

Let's Chat!

Edited On 09 Sep, 2014

Comments
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
We will be seeing an explosion of complaints on the news pages today even though it has nothing to do with shopto news if your game doesn't arrive. Submit a ticket don't post it here please. The news pages are not the appropriate areas to post it. Have a great day and enjoy your destiny!
Not going to stop them Toots
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
First Complaint why you posted that in three places Toots :P
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I posted it in the three places i think people will complain haha because i can't see them complaining on the fifa thread :P to be honest it isn't fair on Joe.
Today is going to be GTA V all over again
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
I've not got my game yet, but it's not ShopTo's fault if it doesn't arrive today. That's the way online ordering of games work, postal time needs to be factored in
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Supposedly Tesco selling it for £40 instore today dont know if you have to spend a certain amount though.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Scrap that, it's just arrived
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Telling people to post tickets for the game not arriving yet is not fair on ShopTo, as they will not be able to do anything for 15 working days, or 7 days if you are a Gold member, and will just clog up customer services.. Any complaints of it not arriving today, will mainly be aimed at Royal Mail / DPD and not ShopTo / Joe. Best place to complain to send a complaint to is the Royal Mail / DPD within 15 days.
First world problems
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
TONY if you was around for the GTA release you'd realise what I mean. Come this afternoonish people will come in there masses complaining about there game not arriving.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Plus it is also only 7 days if it is lost but the majority of the complaints won't be because the parcel is lost it will be because they didn't get it on release date which sometimes happens with shopto very rarely I might add though.
It usually only happens on Tuesday releases
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
It is better for people to have a moan here than submit a ticket, as ShopTo can not do anything and they will just be telling people to reply back in 7-15 days, wasting the time of ShopTo customer service (and the complainer). It will not waste time of ShopTo if they complain in these new articles.. It is 7 days if you are a Gold customer, 15 days otherwise. If any body wants to complain any where then complaint to the Royal Mail / DPD if it has been dispatched. The only reason to complain to ShopTo at this stage is if it has not been dispatched, and still stuck in processing since last week.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I disagree I have to read it if it's here and it just frustrates me how simple people can be.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Plus I'm pretty sure that's what customer service get paid for to deal with problems.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
It is better to say do not post here and do not submit ticket for 7-15 days, but to tell people to submit tickets now, is hypocritical when you do not want Joe / Shopto to suffer
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Can you please point me into the direction of where i said i don't want Shopto to suffer specifically? I'm not really bothered if people complain to shopto customer service because at the end of the day if there was no complaints there would be no Jobs. Joe suffering though is a completely different aspect as he isn't apart of the customer service team. Also lets be realistic out of everyone who is going to be looking forward to destiny how many of them actually will wait 7 days to submitt a ticket?
Anthony strikes again ;)
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Well my copy didn't turn up in today's mail even though it was dispatched Saturday and I paid for First Class Signed For delivery. Gotta love Royal Mail
Why are you blaming Royal Mail? It's clearly Shopto's fault for not dispatching the game earlier
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
I won't get to play destiny till late tonight as once again DPD have left me till last delivery of the day and I've got work this evening.
Everyone is getting Destiny today and I'm getting my Motherboard and CPU
Wonder what the postman will bring me today.
Postman gave me nothing today, just walked right past the house
Look at the hate http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/destiny This is why Metacritic should just die, there is no middle ground
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Oh dear some of them just make me despair like the guy who thought it was going to be a completely different game to the beta
Me thinks he doesn't understand what a Beta is. Now if he played the Pre-alpha build I would understand
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Destiny for £2.49 can live with that :)
Still nothing in the post :(