Friday Chat: September 12

So, What are you plans for the weekend? What games will you be playing, what movies will you be seeing? Is it party time or sleep time?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 12 Sep, 2014

Comments
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Poker tonight, a date tomorrow, and Sunday my brother and I are clearing my grandma's loft. All in all an active weekend with probably little time for gaming (bar Clash of Clans)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Well made the decision to stand by my decision of not getting fifa last night after playing the demo. I'll be back up to the lakes this weekend I think
Do some more cable management on my PC, then install Steam, Itunes, etc and play some more Xillia 2
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Install iTunes? Looking forward to your "free and compulsory" copy of U2's latest album?
I stick to what I know.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 years ago
Mostly destiny if any one wants a game later let me know as playing on your own on hard missions can get tough lol
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Wow didnt expect that from you toots what did you play the demo on? Hopefully get some more destiny in on Saturday and Sunday.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Played it on PC but it is identical to the next gen console version. Fifa pissed me off in recent years so I'm not going to be getting this one. They do minor animation changes but then give them an attractive name to entice people. This years example is "Emotional Intelligence" also "Living Pitch Stadiums are alive and full of the emotion that only football can create. Playing surfaces wear down as the match progresses, with boot marks, slide tackles, and debris visible on the pitch. Corner flags move, goal frames shake, and animated LED ad boards bring FIFA 15 to life." Basically what that is saying is they're attracting players by putting a few marks in the pitch abit of a breeze around the stadium and then putting advertising boards for no doubt EA endorsed products around the pitch. That's how they're trying to sell it to the consumer. I knew my rain on FIFA was coming to an end when The selling point of next gen fifa was the crowd having real faces like what the actual fuck. What's worse people buy into it. Anyways enough of my ranting. Me not getting fifa is like the equivalent of Gloria or Nox not getting Mario kart
Quiet weekend for me, Tomodachi Life and Mario Kart will cover me for games, contemplating picking up Teslagrad from the eshop, but I think I'll probably wait for it to go on sale.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Fair enough dont think FIFA changes much year on year the main thing it has going for it is it has all the licences. Will be interesting to see the new gen PES see how that plays.
Kaysar's avatar
Kaysar 2 years ago
Speaking of PES, be interesting to see how the PS4 community reacts to the difficulty of transferring option files (and understand you can't atm), and thus being unable download content to change kits/badges/etc
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Oh right didnt know about how come it cant be done? can it be done on the xbox one.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
That sir is a good point... The PS4 is compatible with usb memory sticks though so perhaps Konami can work something into the game that allows you to read the data from the memory sticks in-game and in turn save it to the game data installation files... failing that, I'll be manually doing the names myself, need a new footy game and fifa ain't it
I wouldn't say it is like me not getting Mario Kart. I wasn't even going to buy Mario Kart 8 back when it released but the free game offer was too good to pass up
Kwan 2 years ago
I actually enjoyed the fifa 15 demo, played it on ps4 and felt it had enough changes to the 14 gameplay and aesthetics. I sold Fifa 14 within a week, shocking lofted through balls, kick off goal, OP finesse shots and headers. Albeit, they did add a patch but still had issues. Looking forward to Fifa 15, and also can't wait to try PES demo out !
Got a msg from Amazon saying that since I ordered Bayonetta 2 when it said it included Bayonetta 1 they would look into if my order will contain it and they will get back to me before the 16th
Should have emailed them before they changed the product description to remove Bayonetta 1, that way you would have got a guarantee of getting Bayonetta 1.
I'm not bothered. I have my First Print edition ordered so , meh
Btw Smash demo coming to the 3DS e-shop on the 19th.
Smash Bros demo coming to the UK 3DS eshop next Friday, plus selected Club Nintendo members will be getting it early. https://www.facebook.com/SmashBrosEN/photos/a.266600980180256.1073741830.224173137756374/331331693707184/?type=1&theater
Snap ;)
Beat you to the punch
By all of 10 seconds.
Just got an email from Nintendo with 4 download codes for the Smash Bros demo, anyone want one message me over on Miiverse.
That would involve setting up my Wii U so no