DriveClub: PS Plus comes in addition to regular free games

As you know, DriveClub: PlayStation Plus edition will be available to all Plus members next month. What you may not know is that it'll be an extra addition - in other words you'll still be getting another free game next month.

That means PS Plus in October is a bit of a bumper month, with two further undisclosed titles for PS4 and four other titles for either PS3 or PS Vita.

DriveClub: PS Plus Edition gives you access to the India location along with 11 tracks and all game modes.

Are you excited for DriveClub? If so don't forget that you can also order the standard and steelbook edition from ShopTo.

Edited On 15 Sep, 2014

Comments
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Got a friend in the prop industry who's been working on a playstation shoot for the last couple of weeks. He got to try the full game for a couple of hours and said it was incredible, said he's getting the full game on release day and that I should do the same
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Will be interesting to see how this does the PS Plus version could end up giving them more sales if it impresses.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 2 years ago
From what I've played it's stunning and that's before they add the weather update, which is coming soon after launch.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
Games TM magazine issue 152 has feature showcasing the evolution of the driving simulator. They say "FORGET DRIVECLUB, PROJECT CARS looks like it is going to be the must-have driving simulator on next-gen consoles. Making use of of the PS4 and Xbox One's PC-like architecture, the current in-game screens are easily mistakable for real-life. It looks like there will be plenty of exotic real-life metal to test on a host of accurately modelled tracks. This could be a seminal moment where console simulation finally becomes a true rival to the PC" With that being said, I will probably just lap up the game for free under PS+ and save my money for Forza Horizon 2 which looks more stunning, and Project Cars, and then if Driveclub impresses me more than these 2 then will buy into Driveclub
Andrey 2 years ago
Seems like a good replacement for Forza I enjoyed n my X360 before buying PS4 and giving the old console to my nephew. At last the first game to answer the question if there is a need to buy Thrustmaster T300 or not-yet-announced high end Logitech or Fanatec wheel. Judging by videos and screens - will be a great racing game.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
That "Forget Driveclub, Project Cars etc." comment just comes across as a bit of typical journalistic sensationalism for the sake of the article(Joe probably knows what I mean). Saying that, Project Cars could very well be the better game but the fact it's the more realistic in simulation terms doesn't necessarily mean it'll be the more enjoyable video game. Simulations can be a little dull sometimes and since I'm not going to be buying an expensive all singing and dancing steering wheel then DC might suit my DS4 play style that bit more. It's the online/club features that have me most interested as well as the app where you can live stream your clubmates races but to each their own, depends which features are most important to you in your racing games at the end of the day. Would have a look at FH2 if I had XB1 but tbh I've realised I don't really like open world racers
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
Wow, that GamesTM quote is pretty embarassing. Apparently they believe Driveclub is a driving sim? Top notch research there from the bottom of the barrel.
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
To be fair I thought it was a sim game as well rather than an arcade style racer, although I have not really looked into it. I will give the free trial a shot but dont think I will go for the full game. I have to ask Joe, you said the weather update is after launch does that mean there will be no weather in the game to start with? I also assume it is free for the weather update.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
It has weather already, it's the dynamic weather which changes during races that will be added in as far as I know and yes the ps plus version will also get the update free
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
That makes more sense.
Cheeky Monkey's avatar
Cheeky Monkey 2 years ago
Well it's only right it should. It would have been a very bad PR move if Sony had used it as the sole free game for October and removed what else was scheduled. Thanks though to Sony and Evolution for totally shafting your PS+ members! Not content with breaking their initial promise that we would get the complete Driveclub game free when PS4 launched and then having it delayed almost a year, we now discover that when we do actually get the PS+ version it won't actually be the game at all but rather a 'glorified demo' with only 1 location and no extra cars, and if we want anything more we'll have to pay another £43!!! What an absolute ripoff. Way to go Sony, tell a pack of lies to your most loyal customers and then expect them to pay over the odds for something you promised for free a year ago. That's nothing less than fraud and I for one will not be duped into buying this. Sign me up for 'The Crew' instead thanks.
Falcus's avatar
Falcus 2 years ago
Glad they're sticking with this. I remember they announced a long time ago that there would be an extra game alongside it but this was back when PS+ was only getting 1 PS4 title per month so I wasn't sure if it would still apply how it was originally stated. Normal month for me since I'll be buying a physical copy in anyway :P The PS+ upgrade just isn't worth the price. Also while I'm here, does the steelbook version include any other extras or is it literally just the steelbook? Can't wait for this game, it needs to hurry up!
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Oh Cheeky Monkey... "Thanks though to Sony and Evolution for totally shafting your PS+ members! Not content with breaking their initial promise that we would get the *complete* Driveclub game free when PS4 launched"... really? well here's a nice little video for you from E3 2013 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCET9HBE3eA what's that he says at 16:08? mm hmm
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
" Not content with breaking their initial promise that we would get the complete Driveclub game free when PS4 launched" - It was hard to stop laughing at your post but I have somehow managed it long enough to ask where on Earth this idea came from? Can you link me to your source? Because the "complete" game was never promised for free at any point in time, just the PS+ version. Haha, for such a "loyal" Sony customer you sure are pretty ill-informed, but hey, I hope you manage to get over your rage about that £43 price tag in time to enjoy The Crew... which will cost you £49.85. lol
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Also it goes without saying Sony really wanted this to release at the PS4 launch as they were going up against the XB1 launch. If anything they should be commended for allowing Evolution to delay it until they felt they had created the game they had envisioned
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
Sorry I meant at 18:08 in the video not 16:08
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
It is a shame that it could not be ready for the PS4 launch, as it would have been quite different to Forza 5, plus I probably would have gotten a PS4 instead, but now Forza Horizon 2 is coming and is quite similar to Driveclub plus is open world and uses the Drivatars..Forza Horizon 2 Is preventing me from buying the full game of driveclub at launch. http://www.gamespot.com/images/1300-2628800
Hymeleon's avatar
Hymeleon 2 years ago
Tony, why on earth do you have to find excuses for not to have bought PS4? Every single post from you, seriously? Are you really that happy with Xbone??
DynamiteWhyte's avatar
DynamiteWhyte 2 years ago
Tony, why is it quite different from Forza 5 yet quite similiar to Forza Horizon 2? Even though FH2 is open world? That is quite mindboggling.
Tony talks in riddles most of the time, & we wouldn't have it any other way
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 years ago
FH2 has online/club features, weather systems same as Driveclub, FH2 is also a circuit racer, like driveclub but you drive around the open world to get to them, instead of select from a menu, plus has the drivatar system, therefore FH2 and Driveclub are quite similar. If it was not for the open world and drivatar system they would be virtually exactly the same. Forza 5 is just a typical circuit racer with the only innovation of the Drivatar system, and has no club features or weather system that FH2 or driveclub have, therefore Forza 5 and Driveclub / FH2 are quite different. It is not mind boggling if you know what the games are about
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
" It is a shame that it could not be ready for the PS4 launch, as it would have been quite different to Forza 5, plus I probably would have gotten a PS4 instead" - This was as far as I got before the laughter stopped me from continuing.