Wednesday Chat: September 17

It's Wednesday and therefore time to chat amongst yourselves.

Since Wednesday is the middle of the week, it's a chat amongst yourselves topic time. Hopefully this will spark some interesting debate amongst all of you. So anything exciting happening in your world then?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 17 Sep, 2014

Comments
Finally filled up my island in Tomodachi Life, and found out what happens to kids when the island is full, they just live with their parents until you kick someone off the island to make room for them. Also been giving some serious thought to a new console for Christmas as I'll have saved up about a grand by then, can't think of more than 2 games on each that I'm even slightly interested in, and on PS4 it's just Last of Us, which I could just buy a cheap PS3 to play and Infamous, which I'm not that bothered about. Sunset Overdrive and Dead Rising 3 are a bit more tempting on the Xbone, but the most economic option would be to buy the Sunset Overdrive console, and I don't want a white console.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Think you would be better considering whats coming out as well Gloria as there will be games due in February and March. On a side note probably a good thing Microsoft didnt persue there tv stuff as have been watching Under the Dome a show sponsered by Microsoft and the second season has been awful first one wasnt to bad nothing amazing but alright.
Yeah, as much as I'll have all this money burning a hole in my pocket I don't think I'll end up buying anything at Christmas, it's just not worth it yet. I'm surprised Under the Dome got a second series myself, the first one was a bit shit, must be MS throwing money at stuff again, as there's been far more deserving shows cancelled at the end of their first series in the same time.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
I thought the first series was alright it was an interesting idea the acting was cheesey in places but watchable but this series the acting seems to get worse and worse and the plot makes no sense whatsoever its the finale on Monday it should get cancelled as I wont be watching a 3rd series if released.
The finale already, not seen the latest one yet, but it seems like it only came back about 3 weeks ago, how many episodes do they have to a series, 5?
Get a Gaming PC Gloria. There are hundreds of games that won't make it to console, + it's backward compatible with every game ever released on the platform
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
There is 13 episodes Gloria I am watching the American ones which is about 9 weeks ahead of the UK by the looks of it episode 12 is the dumbest episode you will ever watch if you make it that far!
No Nox, can't be arsed with it. Not sure i will Bindania, I've normally watched it by now, have a feeling it's all going to go a little Resurrection on me, couldn't be arsed with the second episode of that.
You could get something that fits under your TV and use a pad on every game. Xbox/Playstation/Gamecube/Wii, hell even a N64 pad if you so desired
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Yeah don't get a PC Gloria, bag of shit in my opinion.
Can't be arsed Nox, too much hassle.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Couple of questions whats happening about steam boxes they announced a load of stuff ages ago and not heard a thing since. Second question what happened to the console versions of Elder Scrolls online? Not that I have heard anyone that has played the PC version.
You think everything is a bag of shit though
The console versions are still coming and the Steam boxes are just waiting for Steam OS to go gold
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Not everything just PC gaming. It is ok till the novelty wares off then it's just more hassle than what it's worth but that's just my opinion. Each to there own.
Yup
Amazon upgraded my order of Bayonetta 2 to the Special edition
Mine too, just got the email ;)
PHILIP 2 years ago
Yeah me too... I thought they were going to change their mind at one point but I've had confirmation both games will be included. Fair play to them for upgrading us.
If anyone is interested in the first lvl of Hyrule Warriors http://youtu.be/dCojey-Nmyk Shameless plug, I know
Always knew they would.
Amazon are quite good at stuff like this
Yep, saved me enough to pay for two Amiibo's ;_
Probably shouldn't be saying how great Amazon are here though ;)
PHILIP 2 years ago
Amazon and Shopto are both great. Can't rember buying from "GAME" for at least 2 years now. Gloria as I have observed your love of Nintendo so you will be better than a google search on this - but are Amiibo's just a copy of skylander type "toy/idea" but Nintendo character based ? Before anyone laughs I have'nt been living in a cave I just have never taken notice before...
Kinda but you will be able to use them on any Nintendo game that supports them
Not really, where the skylanders/disney toys are necessary to get the most out of the game Amiibos are more of an optional extra which add a bit. With Smash Bros you can use them to create virtual fighters, not sure what they'll be used for with other games.
Virtual racers?
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Thats the problem at the moment they havent really explained what they do. They will do something with Mario Kart eventually just no idea what. At the moment dont see the point in them.
PHILIP 2 years ago
Oh I thought they were just for Smash Bros... Hmmmmm....Sounds like they took the Skylander idea and have improved it a step further then. I've never played a Smash bros game before so I cannot comment on how they will be used in other games and it worries me they will end up as a novelty add on ?? Skylanders cost me a small fortune when the kids were mad on them and I am expecting the same with these if the kids ever ask.. So basically its not a "compulsive" purchase but it adds extra content to forthcoming games.... Mind you unless its got Minecraft written on it my kids are not interested anymore - I bought the Wii U for more of a family console to go with the Ps4 but I use it more than the kids do now :-) Thankyou guys for taking time to answer - like Bindiana has just said Nintendo have'nt really gone into detail what they will do.
PHILIP 2 years ago
Maybe they will be used to "unlock" extra content so you end up having them anyway ? Guess time will tell...
There are going to be different lines of the figures. Right now it is just the Smash Bros line
Some of them will be usable with other games though I'm sure, I went for DK and Peach first because I will (hopefully) be able to use them with MK8 too, if not I would have gone for Fox and Samus.
Probably end up with all 4 sooner rather than later though.
The Smash Bros figure of Mario and the like will be usable in every game that the (Potentially) Mario World variation is usable in
Autogamer's avatar
Autogamer 2 years ago
Game and shopto are my main retailers. Amazon and Zavvi are completely useless. Game do some pretty good deals on a daily basis, which compensates the high prices on exclusivity, but even these have been reducing lately. Game also have street retailers too. I purchased a 2nd hand 60GB console for £50 from them, and was faulty, so went to the store and got it swapped, then a few weeks later the HDD was corrupt, and they swapped a new HDD - all sorted within the same day, which would not be possible doing online. Game are also as effiicient as shopto at getting your game to you the next day, but need to place order by 12pm or 1pm as opposed to about 5pm. I used to like amazon, before they used their own couriers, which has stuffed up every order I have placed, if they go back to using royal mail then I will use them again. The last order for metro redux got delivered to someone else and then could not be replaced as it went out of stock. I would not order bayonetta 2 (with bayonetta 1) from amazon, as if they deliver it to someone else then will lose out and will not get a copy with bayonetta 1.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
@Gloria http://www.listwar.com/ Pretty much everything you need to know about released and upcoming games for both consoles you're considering. Might help you make your choice
Never had any problems with deliveries from Amazon, always get my games on release date, plus I never have to pay a penny in cash for anything. ;) Will take a look RTLF, but I think it's probably still a bit too early for me to be taking the plunge, I think I need a minimum of 3 games i want actually released to make it worth my while
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
In terms of The Last of Us, you'd be ill advised to get it on ps3 when you can pick it up on ps4 for under £30 as it includes everything from the season pass which is £16 on it's own. That and it plays a lot smoother at 60fps as well as looking even better
Autogamer's avatar
Autogamer 2 years ago
Amazon have been fine up until the past month. 3 orders in a row all messed up and they used amazon logistics on all of them. If you have not had a problem, then they must have used royal mail
I could pick up a PS3 about £300 cheaper than a PS4 though.
No, not Royal Mail, Amazon Logistics for every delivery I've had from them this year.
RTLF's avatar
RTLF 2 years ago
But you're implying you'd get a ps3 to play tlou in which case the price of getting the console as well as the game far outweighs the price of the game on ps4. The price of the ps4 shouldn't come into the equation as the whole point is you're considering getting a new gen console anyway. You'd be paying for the ps3 + tlou and still have no new gen console so stil at square one if that makes sense
PHILIP 2 years ago
Gloria I think you should take note of RTLF comment. I must say Last Of Us remastered looks amazing. I never got round to playing it ont he Ps3 so ended up with a better version. I think the Ps4 was the best choice for me even though the Xbone is still a very good console. I just had to choose between them as I never wanted my TV unit looking too overcrowded this time round. With the Wii U and Ps3/Ps4 I think you'll be well pleased with your choice of games - I know you love Nintendo - but the Ps4 is fantastic and you wont regret it .... Just a thought :-)
Yeah, I'm not actually that bothered about TLOU, I'd like to play it, but I can wait until there's more games, if I was going to buy a PS3 to play it I would have done it by now.
Autogamer's avatar
Autogamer 2 years ago
They have not used amazon logistics on me expect the past month, except on big items. A few months ago some dvd boxsets got delivered with amazon logistics and was delivered okish but a day earlier than expected and was not in to accept delivery and was passed to a neighbor where it took weeks to get from them. I have a no deliver to neighbor sign on my door for royal mail so I could collect it or arrange redelivery, sign does not work with amazon logistics. Games like metro redux in an ordinary dvd case were sent by royal mail. Yodel is better than amazon logistics, and yodel are bad. DPD are great, and shopto are great for allowing you to choose them. In all 30 years of using royal mail I have had no problem, 1 month with amazon logistics and get 3 problems. Although the delivery person is more likely the problem, and is probably not the same person who delivers elsewhere. After I sent in 3rd complaint with metro redux, he is hopefully fired now.
I guess they must just hate you then, worst I've had from Amazon Logistics is waiting till 7pm for a delivery. Royal Mail on the other hand have lost loads of stuff I've posted or has been posted to me.
PHILIP 2 years ago
I have always found Amazon delivery to be great. You must be just unlucky mate.
Autogamer's avatar
Autogamer 2 years ago
Amazon delivery is great when they used royal mail or dpd. Amazon logistics is new, and the fact that they could trace my parcel being delivered not to me is just dumb. pity they could not read the address properly when delivering instead of after a complaint.
Maybe their local courier has a grudge against you ;)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I've found amazon logistics to be terrible at times but I'm not bothered. I say on average 2 parcels out of around the ten I order a month I don't receive next day but then I complain and get a free month of prime. So basically for every month I get an extra two.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Since they have charged extra for prime sub I think the service has dropped a bit in my opinion alot of stuff I buy gets sent by Royal Mail now so its a lottery if it turns up the next day or not.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
My Final Fantasy Theatrhythm ordered from here arrived today - been glued to it! there are things I don't like that the original one did better but overall its an amazing game! Multiplayer is fun - if you can find someone - and it has Mystic quest legend songs in it!!! I was not expecting that - 25 different FF games are featured this time. DLC store isn't working but i'm guessing that is because it isn't out until Friday.