Thursday Chat: September 18

It's Thursday and crazy to think that tomorrow, Scotland could be a different country. So why is this gaming related? Well, one of the biggest developers in the world does reside in Edinburgh, you probably know it as Rockstar.

Of course, other developer are in Scotland too, with dundee being a particular hotbed of talent with Realtime Worlds (Crackdown), 4J Studios (Minecraft) and more.

Would it really affect these studios and therefore our gaming habits if Scotland gets independence and how do you feel about this in general.

If this is too political for you then remember, we can still chat about gaming too.

Let's Chat!

Edited On 18 Sep, 2014

Comments
Tbh I'm seeing the whole Referendum as a big bluff by Scotland that we will end up going through with cos we are all to stubborn. I agree with the term Better Together but at some point we need to look out for the interests of Scotland first
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I think if it doesn't go through there should be another referendum for the rest of the UK to see if they still want Scotland to be apart of the UK. Totally honest I couldn't give a damn if they go independent. If they do and it all go tits up then they've shot them selves in the foot.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 2 years ago
It won't go wrong. Go Scotland! :D
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Well you'll have to invest that oil money wisely to build a steady economy. We won't be able to protect you when the Americans invade you for that oil.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I don't think I've seen anyone sit down and say "right this is the plan for Scotland if we go independent. Seems like they're just winging it
If I was Scottish I'd vote for independence just to get rid of Tory scum and all the other self serving bastards in Westminster. I am worried about what it'll mean for the 99% of us in England who aren't at least millionaires, the country is being run in to the ground as it is, if Scotland goes they're just going to finish it off in the next 5 years.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Gloria is jizzpantstramp on twitter confirmed.
Don't think so Tootell, you couldn't pay me to join Twitter.
That's the Scottish way though Toots
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 2 years ago
Scotland isn't just about oil. Whisky makes a lot of cash, as does other exports, tourism etc etc.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 2 years ago
Scotland pays more to the UK than it gets back per head.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
Gloria it's more than obvious. The only gaming related thing the account followed was Nintendo. 90% of the tweets where abuse hurled at Tory members and UKIP member both of which you've shown a hatred for and also they showed a hatred towards Kevin.
Did they? I wouldn't know. You can think it's me if that makes you feel better though.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
@Joe, will shopto be stocking Bloodborne special edition? It was announced today along with the 6th February 2015 Western release date.
Safe thing is to expect Game to get the exclusive rights to it
Akemi no Zero's avatar
Akemi no Zero 2 years ago
Nox don't say such things "shopto deserves the rights to the special edition if anything"
D4 is out tomorrow http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-18-deady-premonition-devs-d4-launches-on-xbox-one-tomorrow
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Gaming related on Scotland thing gaming could get more expensive for Scottish people if they go independent as Royal Mail could use it as an excuse to whack prices up for postage in Scotland so if you pay from Shopto you may have to pay oversea postage rates.
Bayonetta 2 has scored 38/40 in Famitsu ;)
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
DLC code for Hyrule warriors is currently not working - nintendo are getting good at stopping downloads before release! First Theatrhytm DLC store and now the pre-order and the gannondorf skins, grrr. will have to play vanilla until tomorrow :)
None of the DLC is on the eshop yet, it'll be there tomorrow, there's a bunch more DLC due as well as the preorder stuff too.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
i thought the pre-order would have been on-the-disk-dlc. right, lets see how far i can get through this game - update just installed
No, only Capcom put DLC on the disk. Looks like there's a multibuy deal on the DLC as well, buy all 4 packs and get Dark Link free.
Every company puts at least some form of On-disk DLC in their game, it used to be called Cut Content. Side Note: That's me voted
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
i'm english and can't wait to see the result, must be edge of your seat shit for you jocks.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
I'm going to place my bet now that Scotland won't be going independent.
If I could be bothered to go out to the bookies I'd put a couple of quid on Yes.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
odds are 4/1 for no and 7/1 for yes on betfair
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 2 years ago
I might do the same Gloria.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 years ago
it's all just a pride thing.
I wouldn't trust betfair, they're not even waiting for the results to pay out. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/leisure/11098848/Betfair-pays-out-early-on-Scottish-independence-No-vote.html
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
But Gloria we would get rid of the Tory scum and be left with Alex Salmond which isn't much better. Personally I hope it is a no but either way I am glad for it to be over with and will get on with it either way. I do feel though if they had more concrete answers rather than just having to take a leap of faith I would be more inclined for yes, hell they dont even know what money we will use luckily I have a few monopoly sets :). I saw that about D4 Gloria so will be giving that a download tomorrow.
I would think Salmond is a small price to pay to get rid of the tory scum forever.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
just pre-purchased the Zelda 'season pass' - 14 quid for 4 packs of DLC as you advised above - like Mario Kart though - nothing but Dark link is available now - but there is going to be new levels added to adventure mode and new weapons and characters from The master quest, Twilight Princess, Majoras Mask and a Boss pack. Bought as it doesn't seem like its just the pre-order bonuses, they are more complete :)
FF 13 Trilogy is coming to PC. I'm actually looking forward to it
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Well Square enix not impressing me so far as my order hasnt been despatched so not expecting it for release date.
Complain
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Will do if I dont get it tomorrow. If companies want there online stores to work they need to provide good service or extras like Nintendo did with you for Hyrule Warriors to get people to shop there so they get more money.
4 days early with Hyrule Warriors was beyond good. I'll see with Smash Bros if it was a one off, fingers crossed I'll be playing it in 12 days
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
Ocarina of time skin dlc for hyrule warriors - 128kb. It's on the disc :) least it's gone live now :) don't like dark link, just a black link - not that I was expecting anything else. Can't wait for the majoras mask dlc though