Super Smash Bros 3DS demo arrives

The demo for Super Smash Bros 3DS is now live in Europe.

As we reported earlier in the week, the fighter sold over 1 million copies in Japan during its launch.

The game will arrive here on October 3.

Edited On 19 Sep, 2014

Comments
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
Played this demo last night and the game handles horribly with that 3DS analogue slider. How did they not think to include the option to use the d-pad for character movement? The slider isn't nearly precise enough for a fighting game like this. I was even reading that people playing the full game have been having the analogue slider on their console break off trying to play it as well. Horrible. Might need to rethink my preorder for this one :/
When are you going to stop pretending you have a 3DS, you clearly haven't played the demo from your comments.
The controls are fine (Does take a while to get used to) & have you seen the pics of the broken sliders? That is the least of their problems going by the state of their 3DS's.
I've had a look at some of those pictures, no way did that happen just from playing a game.
I don't mover the slider more than I do in other games
Me neither, and I've played a lot of games since I bought my 3DS at launch and mine feels fine.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
The 3DS analogue slider has a massive dead zone that is just not on for fighters that actually require precise reflexes. When I was playing SFIV and DOA on 3DS, I used the d-pad all the time, so it wasn't an issue in those games, but here, when there's no alternative control options? It is very much an issue. Okay, maybe it was naieve of me to take those "Smash Bros is destroying 3DS's!" articles at face value as the game probably isn't to blame as much as owner's console neglect... but that doesn't change what a pain this game seems to be to play on 3DS for me due to the inadequate controls available.
'that doesn't change what a pain this game seems to be to play on 3DS for me ' It would be a lot easier if you actually owned a 3DS.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
Believe it or not, Gloria, some people's opinions are formed through their own first hand experiences of things, as opposed to second hand opinions cherry picked to fit a specific agenda... you know, like you do when it comes to... oh... anything non-Nintendo related it seems.
Oh really? Because people here know I have a 3DS, Wii U and 360, because I play with people on them, and I don't pretend to have anything else. Has anyone here played with you on any platform ever, I'm sure you've never posted any gamer ID, please do correct me if I'm wrong and post your NNID or friend code for your 3DS if you really have one.
The only thing I would say was wrong with the controls while playing the demo is that sometimes I do a regular attack and not a Smash, but odds are that's just down to me
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
Jesus Christ, I was working under the belief that this "Kevin doesn't have a 3DS" shit was you thinking you were being funny all this time Gloria, but it's what you actually believe isn't it? Seriously, WHAT is your basis for the accusation that I have lied about such a ridiculous thing for as long as I've been posting here? Seriously? What do I even gain from that? And you're right, I've never posted any of my IDs on here, including any PSN username... maybe I'm lying about owning any Playstations too, yeah? Christ... you know I wouldn't have a problem giving my NNID to most people on here (Despite the fact I almost never game online on Nintendo consoles), but I wouldn't feel comfortable posting it somewhere you could see it... because I'm starting to think you are proper mental.
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
" I would like to agree with you Kevin on the topic of DOA & Street Fighter but I don't consider Smash to be the same kind of fighter as I do with them" - Neither do I, but if nothing else I'd say Smash on 3DS requires more precision than either of those two. In SF and DOA, all you need to keep track of is your opponent's movements and your own timing, in Smash Bros, you need to keep track of three opponents, your own timing and position and everything occurring upon the stage itself (item drops, etc). It has a lot happening at once on screen and that's just on the one stage on the demo... I dread to think what playing online on one of the more complex stages would be like tbh :/
I think you're just slow
PrometheusFan's avatar
PrometheusFan 2 years ago
Or I have a preference for certain control types within certain kinds of games.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
I thought the demo was cool (got it last week from Nintendo) but I only played it twice - I'd rather wait for the real game than play the same thing over and over. I've not pre-ordered the 3DS version because I have too many games coming in Oct/Nov but I'll pick this up on the Wii U and the 3DS later. Controls to me were okay - moves tend to consist of pressing a button or just quickly pushing in a direction and pressing a button (no SF kind of down, diagonal down, forward kinda moves). Pushing up making you jump annoyed me though. Jump should be a dedicated button only and not also pushing up. (may have missed a setting to change this)
Not putting your money where your mouth is kevin, can't say I'm surprised.
Up to jump has been is ever Smash game. Some people like it that way (Don't know why)
Don't know what kevin's so worried about anyway, Nintendo Network/Miiverse doesn't even support friends requests or messaging on 3DS, all i would be able to do is check that the NNID actually exists, he should know this if he had a 3DS.