Wednesday Chat: September 24

It's Wednesday and therefore time to chat amongst yourselves.

Since Wednesday is the middle of the week, it's a chat amongst yourselves topic time. Hopefully this will spark some interesting debate amongst all of you. So anything exciting happening in your world then?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 24 Sep, 2014

Comments
Australia is getting the new 3DS this November now, so hopedully it'll be really early 2015 for us. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-24-new-3ds-and-new-3ds-xl-will-be-released-in-australia-this-year
paulaw's avatar
paulaw 2 years ago
spent last night checking out the "treasure cave" in destiny.... that was fun. Can someone from Shopto say if Fifa15 will be dispatched today? that would make my week!
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Was gonna check out the treasure cave last night then the football went to the longest penalty shoot out I have ever seen then couldnt be bothered. Were there lots of people there?
If you wanted to you could always import since Aren't the Aussies the same region as us?
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 2 years ago
I'll post as soon as I get news on it for the UK and Europe.
Thinking about it Nox, the other half has relatives in Australia so they could go buy it for me and post it over.
Never thought about doing it like that. You would avoid Customs that way
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Dunno if you would avoid paying customs dont know how they feel about £200 gifts coming in but customs seems all over the place recently for me somethings get through without any charges then some can caught for charges.
Wouldn't be a £200 gift Bindania, the Australian price for a XL works out at £135.
paulaw's avatar
paulaw 2 years ago
Yes Bindiana, lots of people are checking out the treasure cave. You cant miss it once you are in the correct area - just look out for people shooting a cave :) Shopto.... send my fifa15 has been dispatched text please :):):)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Oh right thats not a bad price cheaper then here by a fair bit.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Paul will hopefully check it out tonight then as only just reached level 21 so need some decent gear now.
Hope so, I have an order coming from Play-Asia in a few days and I'm crossing my fingers customs don't get a hold of it
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
My order from Play Asia got caught this week cost me another £11.36 :( kind of made importing it worthless.
Well Hakuoki (PS3) LE isn't available over here
Zombieflamingo's avatar
Zombieflamingo 2 years ago
Bindiana if you do the queens bounties you get the queens missions which is a random lvl 24 mission which always gives a legendary.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Cool was gonna check out some of those out this week when I get a chance to get on.
Scott 2 years ago
Fifa 15 can't wait
Had a chat with the other half and they've checked with their family, and if i order online from an Aus retailer to be delivered to their house they're happy to post it to me as a gift. So looks like I'll be getting myself a new 3DS for Christmas.
Much will it cost altogether? Might do the same thing as well
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Do you know what the shipping costs to the UK are. Could be one of these places that is ridiculously expensive to send post out of the country like Norway. To send a normal game to Norway is about £3 to send the same game from Norway to the UK its about £13.
Not sure on the postage costs, other halfs relatives will be sending a large parcel over for Christmas like they usually do, I'm just going to get them to stick it in there.
Just double checked on the region locking and it's all good. http://www.videogamer.com/news/australian_new_nintendo_3ds_consoles_will_play_uk_games_confirms_nintendo.html
paulaw's avatar
paulaw 2 years ago
does look like Fifa is going to be posted today after all. :(
And double checked on the postage rates from Aus to UK and the other half reckons they're about the same as UK to Aus, so it shouldn't cost more than a tenner to post.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
@Gloria, just out of curiosity which version of the New Nintendo 3DS will you be getting? Will it be the smaller or larger version?
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Who is it for what age range basically it will come down to the 3ds XL or 2ds. 3ds is a lot more portable and has the 3d option the 2ds is a lot cheaper. Memory depends on if they will be downloading games or playing from carts if playing from carts a 4gb sd card would be more then enough memory.
I'll be going for the XL, only works out as £17 more than the standard.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
That surprises me. Thought it would be a lot bigger price difference than that. I've just been looking around the internet at them as I know nothing about the New Nintendo 3DS. Might see about importing one myself as its a new shiny gadget and i'm quite impatient. Do you know if the New Nintendo 3DS is backwards compatible?
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Just done some searching and can't find anyone who knows of any website that is trustworthy for importing from Australia. I know websites for importing from Japan, but I don't really want to import from there due to the region locking.
Don't you know anyone is Aus?
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Unfortunately I don't know anyone who lives in Australia. I'll keep searching over the next few days and see if I can find out which website other people are importing from.
Scott 2 years ago