Thursday Chat: September 25

It's Thursday and suddenly becoming a great time to be a PS4/Xbox One owner.

FIFA 15 is out tomorrow (review incoming), Forza Horizon 2 arrives next week (review very very soon) and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (review next week) arrives next week. This is followed by a barrage of games such as DriveClub, Alien Isolation, Advanced Warfare, Lords of the Fallen, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Pro Evolution Soccer and more.

So what are you looking forward too and are any of these games peaking your interest in PS4/Xbox One, despite many still coming to PS3 and Xbox 360?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 24 Sep, 2014

Comments
Think I'll stick with my 360 for now, nothing much coming on PS4 or Xbone that I can't get on that. Only thing that even slightly interests me on either of them coming this year is Sunset Overdrive, but the console price is still too high, plus I don't want another white console, so I'm not buying that bundle at any price.
andraki's avatar
andraki 2 years ago
Project cars, Alien isolation, GTA (again). And of course Bacon & eggs because I get hungry.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Got Shadow of Mordor coming next week but don't know how much time I will put into as I'm still playing Destiny all the time. Got Dragon Age Inquisition and Far Cry 4 to look forward to in November. As well as my New Nintendo 3DS XL which I've just pre ordered to be imported from Australia. Over next few months I might started building a little 3DS collection, so I have plenty of games come November.
Shadow of Mordor & Lords of the Fallen, for PC. Cos I'm better than all you console peasants. ALL HAIL THE GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Far to many games coming out in October and November but i am getting most of them which comes in at about £400 but if i could only pick one game per month then with out a doubt it would be Forza Horizon 2 for October and Halo MCC for November, This falls games line up is by far the best for me anyways in years, seriously cant wait!
What site you importing with Spear?
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
I'm really excited today: KOEI Tecmo announced on Tuesday that it will release of Bladestorm: Nightmare, Toukiden Kiwami, and Shin Sangoku Musou 7: Empires (Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires) in the West in 2015 **************** http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-09-23/new-bladestorm-toukiden-dynasty-warriors-games-get-western-releases-in-2015/.79109
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
I dont think there is any must have games this winter the closest for me is Bayonetta 2. I think this is one of the poorest winter schedules for years.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
MightyApe.com.au I went for the Black XL version. Never used the website before so it's a bit of a gamble in that sense, but I did pay through PayPal though.
Had a look at that, good price and the postage is very cheap, might order from there myself.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Only downside is that their website only offered one postage method to the UK. I probably would've paid a bit extra for delivery as I don't know how long it will take to get here from Australia. What version would you be getting?
I'll be getting the black XL. I shouldn't worry about the postage time too much, regular postage between here and there usually takes about a week, might be a little longer that close to Christmas but shouldn't take more than two weeks tops.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Thanks for the info. I don't usually buy things from that far away. This might sound like a stupid question but the new 3DS is backwards compatible isn't it? Doesn't make too much difference to me as I haven't owned a 3DS before. But I want to buy a few games for it between now and release date.
I don't normally buy things from that far either, but we've got family over there who write pretty regular so we know how long the post takes. Yep, New 3DS will play all existing 3DS games, and the majority of DS games too.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Thanks Spear for the link, ill also be getting the 3DS XL Black but saw that the "AC adapter is sold separately" so will have to get one from here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Power-Adapter-3DS/dp/B008DS4Y3K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411653618&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Nintendo+3DS+AC+Adapter
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Just thought wouldn't there custom fees/charges on this upon entering the UK from ordering via the Australian website?
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
When importing (especially outside the EU) you always have the risk of customs charging you extra. It's really hit and miss whether a parcel gets picked up by customs though. I've imported from Japan before and haven't been charged by customs.
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
@Gloria, do you what date Smash Bros will be released on Wii U? Also do you know how these amibo characters work? Just thought you might know a bit as you seem in the know when it comes to Nintendo.
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Do you know what the charge would be? never ordered from overseas before.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
yeah maybe something to consider duty is usually the VAT rate which is 20% plus they always charge an £8 fee so maybe worth considering if it does get caught by customs. Could be paying more then buying it here.
Isn't the £8 charge only from Royal Mail?
Danny_936's avatar
Danny_936 2 years ago
Well $256 AUD is £137 and if customs decided to charge TAX it would be £27.40 and then an addional fee of £8 which comes to £172.40 (think ive got that right?) but considering what shopto (£160) and GAME (£170) sell the current 3DS XL for about its only an extra £12/£22, that's if it get caught
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Yeah thats royal mails charge just looked up UPS charges and there are £12.95 I dont know what other couriers deal with imports.
There's no definite release date for Smash Bros U yet, but there's been several sources leak November 21st in NA and EU.
Everyone should know how Amibo will work by now. They basically become your own sparring partner/teammate
Spear 25's avatar
Spear 25 2 years ago
Thanks for the info Gloria.
(Pout)