The Crew beta launches today; progress won't carry over to full game

If you've signed up for The Crew beta, then you'll be happy to know that it kicks off today, although progress won't carry over to the full game.

"All of our betas so far have been technical betas," Julian Gerighty said in an interview with The Examiner. "They are not marketing betas. They are not there for anything else except for learning how we can make the experience better when we launch.

"They are also to get feedback from the community, but it's not a marketing beta. There are lots of functions that probably won't be turned on."

"Please play it, but it's a technical beta and you shouldn't expect everything to be unlocked and transfer to the full game."

If you've not signed up then you probably have no chance of getting in, but you can still pre-order for Xbox One, PS4, PC and Xbox 360 ahead of its release on November 11, so all is not lost.

Edited On 30 Sep, 2014

Comments
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Is it just me or has there been little hype and promotion around this game which is strange from ubisoft seeing as we saw so much of assassins and watchdogs
Maybe they've learnt their lesson after Watch Dogs.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 2 years ago
Maybe but has been a lot about Unity and Rogue lots of gameplay videos and bigging up there season pass 2 months before release sigh. Not been much hype about Far Cry 4 really so far. Bet there will be no hype for watchdogs Wii U and then they will complain about poor sales.
rosconet's avatar
rosconet 2 years ago
I signed up but haven't got a code or anything... strange
Cheeky Monkey's avatar
Cheeky Monkey 2 years ago
I tried to sign up for this beta a while ago but it wouldn't let me log in, kept saying my email or username was incorrect even though I was logged into my U-PLAY account at the time! If that's been happening to others aswell, then they won't have much of a beta test.
Cheeky Monkey's avatar
Cheeky Monkey 2 years ago
@rosconet : I just rang Ubisoft and the guy said they are sending codes out today but that not everyone who signed up for the beta is guaranteed to get a code. Too late for me now anyway.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
I've been part of the last 2 betas. Hopefully I'll get this too. and hopefully they have fixed joining my mate. Couldn't get in the same instance last time. it did take about 45 mins to drive from where you start to las vegas though - which is big as the map is still about 1/3 bigger than that.
Im Going Space's avatar
Im Going Space 2 years ago
I really want to know where the idea of beta stats carrying over comes from... plus this game was BRILLIANT at EGX, i hope i get a code, despite only signing up on friday.
martytarty's avatar
martytarty 2 years ago
Didn't know about the beta until I saw this post, always enjoy trying out a beta, Signed up today for it on ps4, probably won't get a code as very last minute but you never know. Let us know if anyone get's their code today and when they signed up for it Cheers
I agree with Gloria here. After Ubi spending all that money on advertising Watch Dogs only to delay it must have really stung them.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 years ago
if they give me extras again (got 2 extra codes in the last sprint of the beta) then i'll post them on here
martytarty's avatar
martytarty 2 years ago
Turniplord - If you get any extra codes please could I take one of them? perhaps pm or e-mail (not sure if you can pm on here) ps4 or xbox one
neilb1979's avatar